Coolsculpting - Hopeful to See Results in Lower Abdomen

After gaining a lot of weight due to a quite...

After gaining a lot of weight due to a quite unhealthy lifestyle at the beginning of my student's life I have been trying to get rid of my belly fat for a very long time now. Although I finally am a sportive person again and work out about 4-5 times a week it could never do the trick. So I did a lot of research and I came upon Coonsculpting. After reading lots of reviews I decided to give it a try.

4 days ago I finally had Coolsculpting done with 2 smaller applicators which had been applied from the belly button towards the sides to grab a little fat from the waist as well. I was really anxious prior to the procedure because I had read of many painful experiences. So while she was installing the applicator I was really tied up in knots and waited for the pain to set in. It didn't really hurt though, I just felt some really tough suction in the beginning and the cold came in slowly so my body could prepare for it. I would rather describe the feeling to be more awkward than painful. In my case there was some more discomfort on the right side than on the left side but that passed within a few minutes. So fortunately my experience with Coolsculpting on the lower abdomen was more that bearable. During the machine was working it's magic (hopefully) I watched videos and read. Each procedure took about 1 hour. Afterwards I had a huge block of frozen fat on my belly when the nurse removed the applicator. This looked really strange and I wasn't looking too much foward to her massaging the area. But even that wan't painful and it just felt weird because the treated area was numb. I went straight back to work afterwards. In the course of the afternoon (I had the treatment done at 8 am) my belly started swelling up and hurt a bit. I would compare the feeling to a huge sunburn on the belly. So far I didn't experience cramps, tingly sensations or stinges at all. It was not too comfortable to bend down but it was absolutely bearable.

On the first day after the treatment the treated area was still swollen and sensitive to touch. But less than on the day of treatment and nothing that really interferred with my daily life actions. So far the numbness faded away as well, just some small numb spots left. No bruises.

On the second day the swelling already went down a bit and I wasn't as sore as before, too. I went for a jog and it all went fine. No cramps or stinges so far.

On the third day the swelling went down and is almost back to normal. I went dancing and everything was fine.

On the fourth day I am not feeling sore anymore. The skin is just tender to "grabbing" or rougher touching. The numbness is almost gone, too.

I am really curious how the results will look like in a month. I will return back to the office on wednesday to get my upper arms treated. I guess this treatment might get a bit more uncomfortable and painful but I'll see what I'll end up with.

Upper arm treatment

So today I went ahead with the treatment on my upper arms. I was prepared for the procedure to get more painful than on my lower abdomen because the inner sides of the arm are pretty sensitive. I would never had expected that it didn't hurt! I only felt some major suction but surprisingly even experienced it to be less uncomfortable than on the belly. Right after the treatment I bruised pretty bad and my arms swelled up. They feel a bit sore and numb but not too bad, actually.

Today it has also been a week since I had my belly treated. The soreness is almost gone completely and there are just some numb spots left. Don't see a difference yet but after 7 days it might just be far too early.

Updates

Today it's been 2 weeks since I received my belly treatment and one week since I had my upper arm treatment. (I attached 2 pictures of the arm treatment and the bruising which appeared afterwards). My arms are still a bit sore when touching them but the bruises are diminishing.
My belly isn't sore anymore and only here and there I feel some slight remaining numbness. All in all I had a really good and easy experience with the belly treatment. I don't see a difference yet but I will post pictures next week at the 3 week mark. Keep your fingers crossed that something will happen :)

Update week 3

It's been 3 weeks since I had my belly treated and I have to say that I can definitely remark some changes already! My belly looks slimmer from the front view and also from the side view. I attached 2 pictures with direct comparisons (left ones taken 3 days after the treatment when the swelling was back to normal and the right ones taken today 3 weeks post treatment). I'm really happy with the results so far and I'm hoping to expect some more changes in the course of time.

As to my arms, I feel that they became firmer. They are still a bit sore to grabbing but the bruising is gone. Let's wait and see!
Dermatologie Köln

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You obviously don't know what its like to be a big person in a skinny women's world, I have dieted on the safe & extreme diets and nothing worked, the doctors have done tests and cannot find anything, this is a non surgical treatment that sounds like naturally destroying fat cells the way the are ment to be destroyed, by the cold.
Your results are stunning! Would you please post some pics of your arms again? I'm from Germany too, so I'm interested what you paid exactly. Are the 3600$ for belly and arms and only for one treatment each? Thank you
Hey :) unfortunately I missed out on taking a before picture of the arms so I only took one at the 2 week mark. :-/ I could upload pictures for comparison as soon as change starts showing. As for now I'm not too sure about the arms. The price for the belly was 1600€ (2 medium applicators, 800€ each) and 1200€ for the arms (2 medium applicators, price reduction)