13 Days Post-Op - Germantown, MD

I'm 5'7" and fluctuate between 125 and 130 pounds....

I'm 5'7" and fluctuate between 125 and 130 pounds. I hated my thighs and heard of cellulite. After convincing my husband, I scheduled the procedure with Dr. Berman in Sterling, VA.

I had 2 areas done on May 17, 2012: my posterior and outer thighs. The numbing of the areas was probably the worst. The procedure as a whole took about 2 and half hours. I did not take any pain meds prior to the procedure. During the procedure I talked with Dr. Berman about music, running, and vacations. After it was done, I experienced the feeling of a hangover. By late afternoon, about 4 hours post, I was experiencing burning under my skin. The prescribed Vicodin took this feeling away.

I did not experience much pain beyond the first day. The draining was done by the morning after the procedure. I did not feel a need for the pain meds by the next day. My bruising was minimal and I bruise easily. The swelling was minimal as well.

At 13 days post procedure, I still have very minimal puffiness and there are some areas on the back of my thighs where all of the feeling hasn't returned but I'm not worried.

Regarding the garment, I could kick myself. I had the procedure done on a Thursday, and took my compression garment off Saturday morning with the intent of washing it and completely forgot about wearing it b/c I experienced next to no side effects. By the time that I remembered on Tuesday, I was nervous that I had ruined my results. I emailed the doc and he advised not to worry that the compression garment is supposed to help with the swelling but does little or nothing for the final result.

Now that I am just at about 2 weeks, I still do not see any results, but am holding out until a month post before I start panicking, or am trying to anyway. I am going to schedule a follow-up appt at a month post, which will be June 17th. I have not been able to adhere to a week post appt, since I travel for work a lot. The doctor knew this before the procedure and said a month follow-up will be fine.

I'm really hoping that this procedure was worth it. If so, I will have the front of my legs done as well.

Dr. Berman

Dr. Berman and his staff were excellent and provided excellent care. Dr. Berman is quick to respond to all email, questions,and concerns. The rating has no bearing on the results as they vary by person. I just hope that I'm not an anomaly and have great results like others.

Hey B3th....I hope all is well n u received maximum results... Please update us....n if possible can u post before n after pictures....thanx

It sounds like overall you are doing really well with your recovery. I can totally understand why you would feel a bit panicky about forgetting to have worn the garment.

Since I was curious about the purpose of the garment & how much it might effect the outcome for you I submitted a question in our Q&A section about it. It usually takes about 24-48 hours for the doctors to start sharing their opinions, but you can click here if you want to watch for answers with me. :)

Please keep us updated on how you are!!