Mommy Makeover on September 20th

I'm scheduled for the 20th and scared. I have...

I'm scheduled for the 20th and scared. I have four little kiddos all 7 and under. I honestly just wanted a breast augmentation, but due to muscle separation and several hernias (due to pregnancy) ive been advised this would be a good time to take care of the issues before they get worse. Plus i have some help set up for at least the first 3 weeks...I known won't get another chance. Im in great shape and weigh about 122, just have a loose pile of skin and small lovely hernias...not to mention a not so cute belly button. It doesn't look like there is enough skin to completely remove my current belly button. I'm worried about the scar and the scar of my old button??? Anyone have this issue? Seems like in will hv a mutant button....ha. From all I have read it seems like people really aren't feeling like themselves for at least 6 weeks? That's gonna be tough for me to pull off. Anyone feel better sooner you have met or read about? Thanks everyone!!!!

Just added more pics. At 6 weeks I am really...

Just added more pics. At 6 weeks I am really starting to feel normal and strong again. I still have some swelling, but I'm grateful I can fit back into almost all my clothes. I still have some muscle soreness from the TT muscle repair...mainly above my belly button area, but it is nothing compared to early on. I did get back to the gym and made the mistake of trying to do a kickboxing class. Even though I took it easy, I don't think I'm quite ready for it. I think I'll stick to walking a bit longer. I had my 6 week appt this past week and won't see the doc again until 6 month. He gave me more tape to wear through the end of the year...I believe it's the special gel strips that look like Scotch tape. That's about it! I'm back to full swing with work, kids, and more. I'm so thankful for this site and all of you lovely ladies!!!!!

LOL STEFF IN MY HEAD i RATHER HAVE THE TAPE THERE TO HELP PROTECT.. i WAS JUST THINKING MAN i NEED GET EXTRA SURGICAL TAPE!
Tape really is no big deal. U can see what it looks like in pics just posted. Feels like should have something over it ;)
ahhh steff thanks for the update surgical tape still you got to do what you got to do hang in there. I always sllep on my side so this will be a issue for me if i cant lol!
This is my 3rd week post op and I'm feeling really good! I don't go back to the PS until week 6 now. I still need to have incisions taped and wear compression until then. I've been cleared to walk on treadmill at gym, but that is it. My energy level is getting better, but after a day of being busy I definitely feel a little more tired the next day. I'm walking a little more straight overall..but still have a little more to go. I can sleep on my side which is also nice. The only issue I have is my BB seems a bit small right now. It may have to do with some swelling I still have, so I know I really need to wait and see how things are at week 6. So nice to be feeling a little closer to normal!!!
You look fantastic!! Don't you just love your new curves? I know I love feeling like I have a shape again and not a rectangle ;) I love the before and after in the same swimming suit.

My dr didn't give me restrictions (as far as activity) besides listen to your body and it'll tell you what is too much. I had a small hernia repair and I don't know if yours was bigger or not and maybe that makes a difference lifting wise, but I'm able to lift my 22lb & 25 lb baby(s) (they're 11 months & 2). Its not comfortable to carry them far, but in and out of bed, or carseats is no big deal. The farthest I carry my littlest is in and out of the house (6 step in from garage) or the distance between the kitchen and his bed room. I use my arms a LOT and remind my self to switch sides and take it easy. He's a mover though so doesn't mind not being held constantly. Haven't ventured out of the house and farther than to school alone. He also loves holding my fingers and walking, so I do that too if I want to get from one place to another with him in the house. it hurt when I put him on my hip in the usual baby hold, so I have one arm under his bum and my other arm by his feet for extra support. Seems tinwork and I don't feel any painful pulling or twinges. (have I said enough?!?) seriously Im a blabber mouth.
I also have enjoy short light slow walks with my kids. It helps that my 2 year old has to ride her bike and she takes her dear sweet time so I never feel rushed.
You'll be back at it in no time. Keep healing! Oh and I'll add I'm no superwoman, I still spend 70% of my day sitting or laying in the couch. :)
Thanks so much Surfrgrl! Great to hear about restrictions and listening to your body. I've been feeling really good, just some swelling right above the incision. It's present in the morning and then perhaps a little more in the evening...but not swelling that I've noticed on my entire stomach. When everyone talks about "swell hell" I'm curious if it is in localized areas like mine or throughout?
I posted 2 new pics today (wish it showed BB) and you can kind of see swelling (It's earlier in the day so not too bad). I'm also noticing a little more curvy-ness which I really have NEVER had. It's great!

My new tata's seem to have very, very slightly dropped or perhaps are just not as swollen. As goofy as the massage seems to me, I do think it is helping.

I think that's about it for now. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Hope you ladies are doing great this week! I had my 2 week PO on Monday. My new BB was revealed! So cute and little! The biggest surprise I had was after the nurse removed all the tape and cleaned me up, she taped me back up!!! Apparently my PS has us wear tape the first 6 weeks to aid in flattening. No other treatments until after that.

My swelling seems better this week, but at night it is a bit more swelled just above my incision tape. I'm only wearing compression now as my binder (which I was wearing over my compression) seems to rub my incision. Even thought I really like that extra support I'm so worried about the incision.

Curious how long before you picked up heavier objects? My nurse mentioned I may be okay to pick up my 27lb son out of the crib at 3 weeks PO. I'll be on my own next week and I've been trying to figure out about help. I was thinking that needed to wait as well? I'll definitely ask my PS at my appt next week but curious what your experiences have been?

Sounds like many more restrictions overall are removed next week at my 3 week post op. I have been amazed at the progress over these 2 weeks but it's hard to imagine I'll feel like going to the gym and walking lightly on a treadmill or outside next week.

Hope everyone has a great week!!! Happy Healing!
You look awesome! I'am also in Georgia and will be having a FTT on October 5th. I see from your before pictures, it looks as if you didnt have a lot of loose skin and were still able to get a low incision. Did you have a FTT or a Mini Tummy tuck? I'm worried that I want have a low incision cause my doctor stated I didnt have a whole lot of loose skin. So I'm hoping he gets it as low as possible.

Your looking great!
Brooksie...good luck today!!!!!! You are gonna do great! I had a full TT and BA. My incision is super low. I brought in a bikini on surgery day to be sure he marked below it and luckily he was able to. I will have a small vertical scar where my former BB was, but that is the trade off of not having a higher incision.

The first few days are tough but stay on top of those meds and baby yourself. Can't wait to hear your update!
Hi You look fantastic. I have a scar from my old BB. It's not ideal, but I'd take it any day over the loose skin I used to have. Mine is right under my new BB. My main incision is very low, so that's the positive of doing it this way. You can see my pics on my post. I'm almost 4 months out now and my PS is injecting my vertical scar with a steroid every few weeks. it seems to help. Good luck to you.
Sporty...Thanks for your post!!! You look fabulous! That's so interesting about steroid injections...I'll definitely have to look into that as everything progresses. Do you feel like after 4 months you are back to your normal energy level? Is your swelling is all gone? I've read some posts that it seems like there's an extra 10-20% of swelling that takes 6+ months to subside. Have a great day!!!!!!
Now I am almost at 5 months. My energy is back to normal for sure and it has been for quite some time. I still have patches of numbness, and the areas around my incision still feel strange to me. I am not sure if I will ever get used to that. I also don't notice any swelling at all any more at this point. At times I hate the scar from my old BB, but then I remember how much I like the way I look in clothes now vs. before. All of this is a trade off and there are positives and negatives to everything.
Thanks for sharing photos -- you are looking awesome!! Congratulations! : )
Wow you look great already!
looking great!
YOU LOOK GREAT!!! THANK YOU FOR YOR PICS!
Thanks for the post artsygirl! You look FANTASTIC!!!!! So glad to hear you feel just as good! How amazing you don't have to wear the lovely binder and compression garments. I can't wait!!!!

I am curious about when you started scar therapy. I think you used a little of everything like silicone strips, paper tape, Bio Oil, Scar Esthetique. Did you do this all at once or introduce different treatments over a period of time as your scar really looks good!
My doc removed my paper tape 2 wks post-op, then I just waited till all the scabs came off which was about another week. Then I started doing a random combination of everything- usually I go for the silicone strips immediately after a shower since my skin is cleanest then and will not leave a residue on the strips (they will last longer- mine lasted about 4 weeks and then started to irritate my skin so I knew it was time to order new ones.) The silicone strips really help to fade the scar. They say not to leave them on more than 12 hours so usually by nighttime I take the strips off and massage the scar with either Bio Oil or Scar
Esthetique- the Bio Oil is greasy so I use that if I'm putting on sweats after and Bio Esthetique is a non-greasy lotion so I use that if I'm getting dressed and going out. Every now and then I'll put paper tape on as my doc said the compression from that helps the healing and I leave that on for 3 days or so as I can leave it on in the shower. It all seems to help but the silicone strips are where I notice the most difference. Am expecting the scar will probably darken before it fades but I know that's just part of the process so I can deal with that. I did try Scar Guard a couple of times but found it just peels off under my clothes and wouldn't recommend it. Good luck to you! You are already looking great so am sure when you are healed you will be a total hot mama! :)
PS-
I do a second round of scar massage right before bed and usually again when I first wake up unless I am getting in the shower immediately. Hope that helps!
Artsy...thanks so much for your post about incision care!!!! I had my 2 week post op this week and they covered me back up in tape. No treatment for me until after 6 weeks which I thought was interesting since most get to start 2 weeks. Hope you are feeling great! Thanks again for the great info!!!!
Hi Steff C- I'm at about 8 1/2 weeks now post-op. It is true that until about 6 weeks post-op you are still very much recovering... but that said I was taking care of my house and kids myself from about 2 weeks po with lots of rest in between, and by 4 weeks po felt pretty good, just sore at times but was pretty much doing everything including mild exercise. The key is to take it easy early on- pushing yourself too soon can give you a seroma which will extend your healing process so take it easy and listen to your body :) You look fantastic!
hey sweetie how are you today!
Thanks for checking in with me! I'm doing great...just trying to be patient and heal. How about yourself?
Feeling pretty rough. Need a lot more help than I imagined. I always like to plan for things to be rough so I'm pleasantly surprised...not surprised this time...haha. I'm staying ahead if my meds but there is definitely still pain due to muscle repair I'm guessing. I also had a BA and am just starting to notice a little muscle soreness and spasms. It's tough because I can't push to get out if this recliner. My husband is helping a ton...I think more than he expected but he is awesome and a trooper. My mom has been over a lot too. I'm hoping to get some good sleep tonight. My husband said doc said not to take of binder??? I wanna see what's going on under there...did any of u before your first post op visit?
The first 3 days are the worst. Take all the help you can get. Make sure when you get up to go to the bathroom you shuffle to the kitchen to get a glass of water or snack before shuffling back to your recliner. (I had lipo so the pain was all in my back muscles and took me longer to be up and about...evening of day 2 I was told to take laps around hospital floor). My PS took my binder off on the 2nd day when he came to examine me so I got to have a peek...he removed some gauze under there, let me peek and then closed me back up.