Finally Free from the "Mummy Tummy"! - GA

I am 4 weeks post-op today. I am very happy with...

I am 4 weeks post-op today. I am very happy with my results. I had a large muscle separation and saggy skin. It caused lots of problems for me (not just cosmetic). I'm glad I finally decided to have this surgery. I can finally stop hiding behind big clothes. It's funny because people keep thinking I've lost a ton of weight in the past month. I have barely lost a pound! I just stopped wearing big baggy clothes! This recovery has not been easy for me. This is the best week so far and I am feeling closer to normal. I still have residual pains and I still have trouble sleeping. I am taking Tylenol PM to help with that. I'm very sore if I do too much and I am limited with how much I can take the stairs because it becomes painful. Even so, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! I'm just so happy to be on the other side and I'm looking forward to the full recovery when my life is back to normal. I'm posting pics below but want to preface it by saying I was in pretty good shape before the surgery. I have been skinny most of my life and I always had a flat tummy until I had babies. I eat very well and I go back and forth with my level of exercise but I was in pretty good shape. Also, I have very little swelling and never really drained a lot after surgery. I took my pictures in the morning so the swelling is low, but I get just a little swelling by end of day usually right around the incision. I'm very pleased with the results. My bb is a little funny looking and I still haven't seen my scar yet, but I could care less! I am just happy I can wear clothes and not look pregnant!

I posted this on the Feb forum, but I wanted to...

I posted this on the Feb forum, but I wanted to post here as well to see if any veteran TTs have had the same problem. I am 7 weeks post-op and this week has been horrible! Week 7 has been filled with pain and swelling. I have never had much swelling from the beginning so this is all new. I haven't been overly active (just normal stuff). I'm not exercising yet. I don't have the all-clear from my PS to do anything other than walking and stationary bike.

I'm also having these sharp pains and I can't sleep without taking something. They are worst at the end of the day. Last night I felt like I was back in week 1 or 2 with the pain. The more I do, the more I hurt, so I'm listening to my body and taking it easy. I called my PS and the receptionist told me it's normal. She said the pain is from me starting to heal and swelling is still normal at this point. Not saying she's not qualified, but I'd feel better hearing this from the doctor or even the medical assistant. I know they hear these types of questions daily, but I also know that everyone is different. I feel like I just got a canned answer...

I was just wondering if anyone else just out of the blue started having pain and swelling this late. If I'd had swelling from the beginning or if I was exercising a lot, I wouldn't feel as concerned. It just seems weird to me that everything was going so well and I made a u-turn. I'm still happy with my results, I just don't want to mess anything up...

Wow... what a difference! Congrats, you look amazing :)
Hi Peachy, looking good girl, congrats to u!
Peachy- OMG I just cant get over your before and your 4 week, I cannot imagine how awesome you must feel!!! I am sure it comes and goes the swelling and pain issues for a good 6 months to year, I have really good days and then a terrible one it is a long journey but so worth it !!!
Yeah, it was pretty significant! I am pretty happy with the results. My BB is a trainwreck, but I don't want anymore cutting so it may just have to stay. I don't know that anyone will see it besides my hubby so it's not a huge deal. I'm not looking forward to the pain and swelling for 6 months to a year! I thought I was home free after avoiding it for almost 7 weeks! But the pain has subsided now. I just have the swelling. But I'll take this over the before any day!
U look totally AWESOME!!
Congrats...u look amazing girl!!!!!
WOW that is amazing! You are a totally different person!!! You look super!
You look WONDERFUL!!!! I am behind on the posting and I just saw that you has posted pics! WOW! You go girl!!!!!! You should be so proud!!
Thanks, MR, but I'm not quite as hot as you! :-) I am hoping that my scar will end up a little lower.
You look great! Can I have the name of the doctor? I need a tummy tuck too.
Looking good...Best wishes for a successful speedy recovery!
You look fantastic !!. I am 5 days PO and still have swelling and draining, Good luck to you !!
Your poor belly before! Was it your last pregnancy this happened? How long was your stomach like that? Did you have to go buy a whole new wardrobe? You look awesome! I am going to post my 3 week pics tomorrow. I will try to update every Monday, I hope to see your pics along the way as well. ;)
My second pregnancy started it but it definitely got worse after the third. It sucked because I was thin everywhere else and I just had this bulge. I got pretty good at hiding it. I wore baggy clothes and really loose tops. I still had some of my old fitted shirts in the closet and that's what I'm wearing now. I did get rid of all the baggy big shirts and it felt so good! I didn't have to buy bigger pants because the belly bulge was above where my jeans fasten. Unfortunately, my jeans still don't fit which is a bummer. Most of my swelling seems to be low near the incision and in the pubic area. So I can't fasten any of my pants.
Girl, don't get me started on pants!! I have a pair of FAT jeans for super bloated days and I can't even get them past my thighs!! Thank god I like comfy clothes so I have like 20 pair of Hollister and P.I.N.K. capris. That's all I wear now.
I don't have enough comfy pants. I only have a few so I'm constantly doing laundry. I really don't want to go shopping for elastic clothes. I was trying to go in the other direction...
Ya, I totally agree! I'm saving my money for my final results! I run a home daycare so I wear comfy clothes all week. I can't wait to shop for bathing suits though!
you look amazing you must thrilled !!
Wow, y0ur results look great! I just got mine done, i'm on 5 days post op now, i feel like shit but I hope the results are worth it cause right now i kind of regret it.
I think everyone has regrets the first week. I could barely look at myself the first week. I felt like crap and it just looked weird. Everyone else told me how good I looked, but I couldn't see it. I didn't really start feeling good until about 3 weeks out. I was standing straight and I put on some normal clothes. I almost cried when I could wear a fitted shirt without looking pregnant!
I have been feeling the same way. Hopefully we will start to feel better soon!
Wow! you look great! I can tell that you did not have a lot, if any, need for lipo, right? I think the more invasive the surgery, the more swelling will ensue. Clearly, the muscle separation was the main issue - good for you!
No, I didn't have any lipo. But I think there were others who didn't have lipo but still had the swelling. Who knows?! Yes, the muscle separation was huge for me. I could put my hand between the muscles before surgery. It got worse after each baby. After my last baby, I was depressed for so long because I couldn't seem to get rid of the belly. So many doctors told me I needed to get it fixed and there was no way other than surgery. I could have gotten a general surgeon to do it and have it covered by insurance, but he said he would cut me down the middle and I would still have the loose skin. So he told me I needed to see a PS because those results would not be ideal. I totally agreed! But I had to save up the money because regardless of what my other doctors said, insurance would not cover the procedure. But I'm so glad I did it. I won't be ashamed to go to the pool or the beach anymore!
WHAT A GREAT OUTCOME CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW TUMMY!!U MUST BE SOO HAPPY!
Amazing. You look great. Very inspiring. Thank you for posting and sharing. Continued happy healing:)