Slowly but Surely - Georgia

A week ago today, I underwent Vaser liposuction of...

A week ago today, I underwent Vaser liposuction of my abdomen and flanks. So far, this is my story. The day of surgery went pretty fast, your normal prep stuff then onto the table i went. In recovery, I would say my pain level was about a 4. I woke up with a binder garment around my stomach/ mid-section and went home. I was given lortab 10 for pain management. I made sure i took them every 4-6 hours. The first couple of nights were rough for me. I couldnt find a comfortable sleeping position in my bed so i would wake up every couple of hours. Being a side sleeper poses a problem. I dont know if it was that or the pain. I decided to move to the recliner and slept there for 5 nights. Much BETTER! The most discomfort i've had is going from a sitting position to standing. As far as the compression garment/ binder gpes.. I decided to take off the binder and try a high waist spanx. When i put on a medium it about killed me putting on/taking it off! Bad idea- Had to go up a size! I am still swollen but bruising has been minimal (spell?) I was concerned about getting back into my normal clothes but it has worked out. I had surgery on a Thursday and went back to work on Monday. I have a desk job so it wasnt that bad other than the up and downs! I had traditonal lipo done 5 years ago on my legs and i was very bruised so i do believe the VASER is less invasive. I feel better each day! I cant wait to see my end result. I am a inpatient person so i hope i dont get discouraged on the waiting period. I can tell a difference already so I definetly thinks it was worth it. I will try to keep up with posting my progress and pictures. This site really helped me decide if VASER was right for me so i am paying it forward to my fellow Lipo'ers! :) Good Luck with your journey as i tackle mine! Pic's are before and day 5.

Me having patience has definitely been a challenge...

Me having patience has definitely been a challenge but I'm going strong each day! I guess we all want instant results, right!? :) I can tell a difference already but hoping for more contour definition in my stomach. I've had a issue with a rash, redish out break on both of my hips! My PS doesn't seem concerned.. He told me it was from the vaser machine but after 6 weeks I'm starting to get concerned to will be getting a 2nd opinion from dermatologist tomorrow. U can see what I'm talking about by going to the Q&A section on this site and sort by recent (vaser) I posted a question & included a pic! Doesn't look good!! But other than that I'm glad I had the procedure done and hope to start running again! Happy healing to all!! 6 weeks post op!

Hi, who was your doctor?
I am having vaser on my upper, lower, and flanks I'm 4 days. Any good recovery tips?
I found it easier to sleep in a recliner! I would also suggest buying a spanx type compression garment.. Get a bigger size like a large or bigger than u will be because it hurts like he## to put it on & off! I am still sore and numb in places after a month. I can tell I'm smaller just waiting for the final result! :) good luck to you!!!
Awesome results...u look super...keep up the great work...Happy Healing!!
It's been 2 weeks and i can tell i have lost some inches but still in the same size pants, just need to learn some patience i guess! UGHHH Thank you for the compliment!
Trust me smlee....PATIENCE is the hardest part of this whole process...stay strong!!
Thursday is the big day for me. I'm so excited but nervous also. I'm having my upper, lower and flanks done!!! Any suggestions?
U look great