Happy Experience (But Hair Loss Did Occur) - Georgia

I try to write reviews years after the procedure,...

I try to write reviews years after the procedure, not days after.

I had my browlift two years ago, and I'm glad I did. I was tired of holding my brows up! A severe case of Bells Palsy in 1982 left me with a hanging eyebrow out of proportion with my non-damaged brow. Aging only made both brows appear lower.

Brow lifts are tricky. I read about my Atlanta PS in a national cosmetic surgery forum. The woman said he did a great brow lift on her which looked completely natural. As it turns out, he did a great browlift on me, too. It's been two years and it's still holding! He couldn't make my Bells Palsy brow completely aligned with the other brow, but he came pretty close. I'm completely satisfied with his work.

However, one word of warning to those of you with fine, thinning hair: Be sure you can afford the hair loss. I couldn't afford to lose much hair. I ended up losing hair in my bangs and sides. It's really not horrible hair loss for an average person, but I already had thin hair. My hair is now different -- not terrible, just thinner at the sides with fewer bangs -- so I had to cut it into a bob. It looks nice, actually. But it's clear to me that the hair is not coming back, either. This will probably become a greater issue as I age.

Hairloss is my only issue with this procedure (not my PS), and I've learned that it's a fairly common brow lift problem. If you have thick hair and can afford a slightly higher hairline, go for it. If you are more concerned with thinning hair than you are with your brows, you may want to step back from this procedure.

I experienced no discomfort. However, the post-operative swelling and bruising was intense for me because I had two procedures done, both involving my face. Much of the swelling and bruising pertained to the browlift, though. The mini-facelift was very easy in comparison. Had I only had the mini-facelift (which I'm also pleased with), I could have easily returned to work within a few days.

As it was, I returned to work 10 days after surgery. I should have given myself two full weeks off from work. As it was, I had to find the right pair of eyeglasses to draw attention away from the residual brow lift bruising and swelling. The glasses had no corrective lens, so I wore my contacts beneath. I felt self-conscious at work but am not sure if others noticed my issues as much as I did. I remember re-applying concealer to my eye bruises every hour that first week back to work. However, within 4 to 6 weeks, I was back to normal. I looked like myself, only quite better! It just took a little time and a little reassurance from my P.S. and his staff. Two years later, I can say it was well worth going through those 2-3 weeks of swelling/bruising, but at the time, it caused me great alarm.

I also felt the scars and two endotine knobs on my head (invisible beneath hair) for 9 months to a year. Not at all a big deal, but it feels a bit odd, so I thought I'd mention it. It was only awkward for me when I had to explain it to my hairdresser. Not a big deal.

I'm glad I did this. I hope the results last another 5-8 years. I also hope they come up with a browlift that doesn't involve hair loss during that time.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. D did a very natural-looking browlift on me and on another person I know. His bedside manner is very warm, caring and kind. He has a good eye for facial structure and ensuing aesthetics. I also feel he has integrity. For example, I asked him about lip injections (which I've never done), and Dr. D advised me against this and told me he felt my lips were nicely proportioned for my face and didn't need to be bigger. He could have encouraged me to throw lots of Juvederm lip filler money at him, but he discouraged me instead. I like that.

Georgia 2123 - I was thinking about having a browlift done with Dr. D, and your post made me nervous. Well, I was already nervous. He recommended browlift and chin implant. I am in my 30s. I don't know. I feel like he didn't spend a great deal of time with me regarding the risks of the procedures. He is so nice, it really is hard for me to get past that some time. I want to trust him. But there is just something that I don't like. I can't get a sense of another option for a consult in Atlanta to just get a second opinion. Anyway, your post was actually not bad re him, but he didn't give me half of this information. And now I am nervous.
Georgia 2123, was the incision for the brow lift done behind the hairline or in front of the hairline?

Was it an endoscopic brow lift? It kind of sounds like it was because you mention the endotine knobs (titanium screws that they place in the skull to hold tissue that has been elevated maybe?? not sure)

So now you don't feel the knobs at all correct? Were they absorbed into the bone somehow? I guess that sounds like a dumb question since titanium screws don't just absorb into the bone, but maybe they sink in or perhaps the bone forms around them.

Also were the incisions front to back (perpendicular to the hairline) or side to side (parallel to the hairline) Thanks