So Nervous, but This is Much Needed!

Hi Ladies! I have been following many of your...

Hi Ladies! I have been following many of your stories for a while now, and I have always wanted a breast reduction, but could never muster up the ability to go through with it. I've always been so nervious or to be accurate, AFRAID. As the years pasted I began to have all this physical problems. I would get bad headaches, back pain, neck pain, GERD, and even breathing problems. My large breast begin to interfere with my daily life. I could barely funtion, it also contributated to by bad posture. Around the beginning of this year I went to see a PS. To be completly honest I did not know my actual bra size, but I believe I am a 42 G or H!! During my consultation my PS was very nice. He took some measurements and the nurse some pictures. I ask him if he a custom to reducing large breast such as mine, and he informed me that he had done breast larger. I felt somewhat better, but I could not imaging having surgery electively.

I am so nervious about the risk of surgery, and being put under Gen. Ana. for such a long period of time, and the risk of blood clots. Am I the only one how has these fears??? I am currently trying to put all my fears aside and walk in total faith. Well to make a long story short, I was going to bring all my documentation to my PS office which included my chiro., physical therap., neuro., massage therp., but before I could my PS office called be and told me based on my photos and the information that they submitted by insur. would cover! That is a blessing, but I'm still so nervious. I have my pre-op appt in 2 weeks, please pray that I will have the strengh to be strong and follow through, I don't want to miss out on an excellent opportunity! I will upload pics soon. Be Blessed!!!

Two days left! I'm not as nervous as before....

Two days left! I'm not as nervous as before. However, I've been having tension headaches since Sunday. I'm kind of ready to get this over with so I can began the healing process. I will take off from week for six weeks to ensure I am able to recover properly. I pray that my surgery will go flawless!!! As well as my results.... lol.

Thank you Jesus! I made it. I'm bleeding a little...

Thank you Jesus! I made it. I'm bleeding a little at the drain entrance,is that noacermal? I did not take the anti-nausea medicine I haven't been nauseous. As of now I feel good pain, not really pain more like discomfort is manageable. Keep getting sleepy! Oh and they look lovely not a B cup that the Lord, they r swollen so I will probably be a D or large C.

I went for my one week postop appt today....

I went for my one week postop appt today. Everything looked good, they took my steri strips off, and when I got home one of my areola was puffy! It's not nice and flat like the other one, I'm kind of upset, is a puffy areola normal???

Did your PS say anything about it? Is it red or warm to the touch? Are you running a fever? If you are concerned I certainly wouldn't hesitate to call the PS or an urgent care clinic. While it could be swelling, I believe it is never wrong to go for reassurance. Good luck!
I just read my previous comment and start laughing at all the grammar errors!!! For the next few days please work with me.....lol. Iowa, it is a small gauze that soaked up the blood, but has eased up some. If it continues of worsens I will definately call. I can't figure out how to post picutes.....I will trh again later.

WooHoo, Blessed! Glad to hear from you! A bit of bleeding is normal, but if you are soaking a gauze pad you should call your PS. It is totally normal to be very sleepy for awhile as the anesthesia stays in your system for quite some time. Rest when your body tells you to, as that is one trigger that your body needs to spend its energy on healing.  Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Good luck tomorrow, Blessed! I'm so excited for you. Will be anxious to hear how you did during surgery. Give yourself time to rest and when you feel up to it let us know how you are feeling!
Hi Blessed! I want to wish you the very best of luck tomorrow. I share your EXACT fears, but keep reminding myself we stand a better chance of being in a plane crash than having those things happen...kind of puts things in perspective. You're going to be so happy relieved when, this time tomorrow, you're done and already healing. And how perfect that you have 6 weeks off to heal! You've set yourself up for a great recovery. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Can't wait to hear from you afterwards whenever when you're up to it! Good luck tomorrow...but you won't need it. You're going to be just FINE! All the best.
Hopefully he will. Good luck!
They changed my surgery date to the 18th at their sister location. The nurse was young and not very informative. I could not see any of the Drs b4 and after BR procedures due to the HIPPA law they said. Luckily The lady that did my mammogram had hers done by him and they looked okay (she showed me). Also, he won't tell me exactly how much he is going to remove. I told him I did not want to b too small. I would like to b a D cup for my frame, but they wanted to aim for a C cup. I hope he listens.
Prayers and blessings for you!!!!
My PS stated he was going to place a novacane pump during the end part of my surgery. I haven't heard anyone mention that they had one. Is there anyone out there that has had this pump and can you describe how it helped? My PS said these novacane pumps can be so effective that no pain meds are needed? Is this something anyone has experienced?
Did not have that. They put meds in through my IV. My niece had a morphine pump and she could administer meds when she felt like it. So, sorry, no help here on that one. Did the pre-op go well?
Ladies I go in for my PreOp in an hour! Send blessings this way!!!
Praying for you. Let me know the results Blessed14Ever! Hey, did you notice that they change your location. Somehow they crossed some of your profile info with mine. They are fixing soon....... I hope!
I'm so glad to provide you some sort of comfort. Yes, move forward in HIS will. It is hard to be trusting when you are fearful but we are human and the devil has a hayday with us sometimes. I'm praying total peace for you because it worked for me! I will be praying for you every day!
Aw, thank you so much!
As a Christian I should be way more trusting.........I am moving forward in HIS will. Thank you for your help.....it means a lot to me.
Hope it goes well. Just remember, they are trying to give you a heads up of what "might" happen just to cover all the bases. Most women do perfectly fine and the preop is worse than the actual surgery. I'm praying for you and you will be fine!!!! The Lord is gonna watch over you and keep you safe, I totally believe that. I'm praying for you now, that the preop will not have any effect on you and that you are comforted at the dr's office and that you are at perfect peace. Blessings!
Cjdunavant,

My Preop appt is tomm and I'm so glad u gave me a heads up. Part of me is excited and another part is still nervous. I'm praying about this and I feel that the Lord is leading me in this direction. I don't want to miss out on my blessings because of my fear. I keep reminding myself that the Bible says "fear not" he is with us!
Thanks everyone for your time and wise words. I am in a battle with myself right now about being such a coward. I should of had this done 30 plus years ago. I can't let fear win this one! I am in prayer for all of us that are going to go through this procedure and for all you brave ladies that are post-op. God bless.........
I am beginning to feel more comfortable everyday about my surgery. I'm trying to focus on the positive instead of the negative. This site has helped me calm a lot of my anxieties and fears. I have faith that whatever we decide to do we will be fine. It's all about your mindset.
Wish I had found this site before my surgery! My niece had it done back in December and the night before my surgery she called and gave me a pep talk cause I was two seconds from talking myself out of doing it. The pre-op is the worst because it's all of the "this can happen, this might happen, etc...". You have to put all of that out of your head and trust that God is gonna take care of you and it will be the best thing you have ever done. I will be praying for you. All my friends and family prayed and I think that's why I had totally and complete peace all the way to the OR. You will be fine!
I could not agree more with you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for you widsom. God bless you.....
I am a major chicken, but I know I need a BR. I started to blossom at 14 wearing a 32D. Now at 54 years of age I am a 36DD. I am 5'3 135 and too top heavy. I really notice my breast size during the summer. Bathing suits are a pain to find for these big saggy girls and I always feel so self conscious in tank tops! Moving forward ~ I saw a PS. He said he would remove anywhere from 600 - 800g per breast! The paper work has been submitted and according to the PS assistant there should be no problem with an approval by the end of 5/12. May be even sooner. I can acutally have the surgery in mid June 2012. I am praying that I won't chicken out! The post-op stuff creeps me out with the pain meds (I don't like the way they make me feel) and the removal of the drains. My PS said it was a "piece of cake" since I would have a novacane pump put in during my surgery and then removed 3 days afterwards. My husband is backing me up with whatever I decide. He will be my babysitter/nurse for the duration of my recovery. What a guy! So, should I let the chicken part of me win and cancel this process or should I woman-up and move forward! HELP!

My vote is to "woman-up" Sandrina! I'm so glad I had mine. And by the time he removes your pain pump Tylenol should cover most of your discomfort. Most women don't have tons of pain, more just an uncomfortable tightness. I know you can do it!
Thanks!
You aren't the only chicken, I am one too! I was so calm during the whole process of surgery but the pre-op, that was the part that freaked me out. But just remember that your quality of life will be much better after doing this. Even though it is major surgery, it really and truly is a piece of cake. The pain isn't near the pain you are probably dealing with on a day to day basis now. I'm so glad I did it. Believe in yourself & your doctor and know that you are doing the right thing. You are gonna thank yourself!