27 Year Old Mom,3 Months Post Op - Gastonia, NC

I had my son in december '08. He was a 10lb...

I had my son in december '08. He was a 10lb baby, but I also gained 80+lbs with him. I have lost 80% of the weight but my poor stomach was so stretched out. Before I had him my stomach was flat, and I had a big butt, legs. I was hourglassed shaped, or pear shaped. I was afraid my stomach would never go back the way it was so I researched and saved for a couple years before I had the procedure done. I had it done February27th 2012

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

The first week is rough but after that it is all uphill. I wasnt one to lay around and dwell on how bad I felt, because that would just make it worse! I walked as much as I could, even though I was hunched. Dr. Ness said this is why I have recovered so well. I began jogging again one month post op :) I have now began doing abdominal excercises again.

Ashl... I'm scheduled with Dr. Ness on Jan 9, 2014. Really excited and a bit nervous! You look fantastic! Any advice to pass along?
Exactly. Its such a great feeling. Considering last year I couldnt even jog 0.5 miles :D
Girl...next yr?.i will be runnin in one of those sports bras...and hopefully sporting a 6 pk!haha
I ran the warrior dash last year.it was tough,but I felt like I accomplished something!!
I would also like to brag and say that I ran in my first ever race yesterday. I did the Warrior Dash and it was very challenging and fun. I would have never had the confidence to try and do something like that before my surgery :)
Shoot - that's not a race, that's much more! Way to go! You look SO GREAT!!! I was supposed to do the tough mudder this year but had to bow out because of hernia but plan on doing it next year! I love reading that you're working out great and swelling was gone by week 9! I am a week out and healing great so I hope to be in your shoes at 3 months! Thanks for posting!!!
Thankyou Gigi. I dont think I am swollen anymore. After about 8 or 9 weeks I think it was over with. Everyone is different though.. Yes I work out every day. Try to anyway.Only recently have I been able to really work my core so hopefully I will tone up :)
OMG u looked good one day p.o and i love ur curves u must be soo happy r u still swelling up at 3 mos?im 6 wks p.o and im swelling but i wanna know if ill get smaller do u work out??
Thank you.I am counting down the days!
Good luck! You will love it!
You look great!!i am shaped almost like you.I hope I look like you!!I have 13 days till surgery date!