26 Years Old, Mother of One - Gastonia, NC

I had my original breast aug back in 2012 by Dr....

I had my original breast aug back in 2012 by Dr. Klein at Renaissance Plastic Surgery in Concord NC, about six months later I noticed my implants sitting far down on my chest wall and my nipples being significantly high, I went back to my surgeon and it was clear I had a case of being "bottomed out" at this time I had 650cc saline implants. My surgeon went back in and created an internal bra with permanent sutures. After about 9mnths I could see this beginning to happen again. I got a second surgeons opinion and decided it was best to go with a smaller implant and I switched to Silicone. He decided alloderm's acellular serums would be the best and most affordable option to fix this problem of bottoming out once again. I had this third surgery with the reconstructive alloderm in Feb 20th 2014. Everything was healing fine then all of a sudden i started having some pain and redness at the surgical site. I called and was see very fast. He wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic and I am currently scheduled for surgery tomorrow to see what is going on with the alloderm and why I have collecting fluid on surgical site. Has anyone seen or fixed this before?
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I absolutely love Dr. Emerson. He is definitely one of a kind. Not only is he a very open, welcoming, and concerning man, he is an artist and each patient is his unique canvas. When I went in for my first consult there was just a open atmosphere of friendliness, concern, and giving me realistic options to fix my "bottoming out" case. Excellent personal skills is a major role with dealing with your patients. Dr. Emerson is a well rounded excellent doctor. He did what was best for my size body and my outcome. His team member are very professional. I can't express how wonderful this team is. Highly recommend them and will use them for anything I do in my future.

Thank you for sharing your story with us on RealSelf. How did your doctor appointment go on Friday? Did you rule out infection? Give us an update when you can. Hope you're okay!
I was actually wrong about calling it Alloderm, Seriscaffold mesh is what was used on my reconstruction surgery, I did have an infection, I had everything removed, it's currently under investigation as to what caused this. We ( my mother and I) did find there was a recall on this mesh and it was released back and was safe to use at the time I had my surgery. I provided this evidence to my doctor. My surgeon and team are working hard to figure out what happen. They are so supportive and are helping me get through this. I will update as soon as I know something
I thought you might find this article interesting about bottoming out and mesh repair. Ther is also a Doctor Q&A response about Seri being used for CC. This link also includes discusses and upcoming study being done on surgical mesh and CC. Hope this is helpful.

I've moved your review into the Breast Implant Revision community where I strongly believe you'll find more support. Please keep us posted on any new findings. Hang in there!