Waiting for my Franken-boob to Heal !! - Garden City, NY

I recently had to have a non cancerous lump...

I recently had to have a non cancerous lump removed from my breast, and with that was told by my plastic surgeon that I could get the boobies lifted and my insurance would pay for it. I had lump removed on 8/1 and left boobie lifted. I am going for the right one on 9/12, right now I feel like I have frankenboobs. Recovery on one was and is not easy. Pain meds kept me awake all night for the first week, i definately reccomend asking your doctor for something to sleep at night in case it is needed. A couple worries here , one being when feeling will come back in the nipple and why I am getting purple spider looking veins which I never had before. Dr. Appt on Monday cant come quick enough.
Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic caring doctor. I would highly reccomend him.

Hi, would love for you to post some pics!!!

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. So happy to hear your lump was benign. Just curious as to why you didn't have both breasts lifted at the same time? Some women find a muscle relaxer helpful at night to take away pain and help them sleep. Try not to stress about the Frankenboob syndrome. I'm sure you've read that his will subside in time. You're barely 2 weeks post op so I'm hoping that by your 3 month mark, you'll have feeling back in your nipple too. Not sure about the purple spider looking veins...be sure to check with your PS. Looking forward to your update!