33 Years Old, 240 Pounds Lost, 33 Inches of Skin to Lose!

After losing 240 pounds through diet and exercise...

After losing 240 pounds through diet and exercise over 2 years, and completely changing my life to insure my weight loss was permanent by becoming a personal trainer and nutrition coach, I had done all I could with exercise to tighten and tone the skin left hanging around when I went from a 61 inch waist to a 27 inch waist. I had 3 consultations with 3 different plastic surgeons, and felt the most comfortable with Dr Bruce Mast in Gainesville, Florida and underwent the lower body lift in May 2014. I was quite surprised at how minimal the pain was, considering I had the incision that went all the way around me to lift the buttocks, outer thighs, pubic lift and tummy tuck. My surgery was performed at an outpatient center, and I went in to surgery at 7:00 am, and was out by 1:00 pm, and home by 4:00 pm. I had two drains left in place that were emptied twice a day but there wasn't a lot to empty thankfully, and the drains were removed within my first week postop. I had a problem with swelling in my legs and abdomen after I decided to be up on my feet day 3 after surgery to show off how good I felt, which landed me in compression stockings and bed rest for a week, but after that I was allowed to slowly resume working back into my normal routine. I ran for the first time 3 weeks after surgery and began working back into my full training routine. The only complaint I have is the stretching feeling in the new belly button but its slowly becoming less obviously sensitive as I continue working it. Its great to finally wear low rise pants without the muffin top effect from the lose skin!

Before weight loss and post op

First picture is before I lost weight. Second picture is 4 days post op and you could see I was quite swollen. Third picture is 2 weeks post op with swelling going down and last picture is close up at 6 weeks post op.
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

My doctor and his staff went above and beyond to answer all my questions before hand, and relieve anxiety I had over the procedure. The care I received afterwards was great as well. His bedside manner is great, and I would highly recommend him to anybody looking to have this procedure.

Amazing ... Happy healing sis
WOW!! Great job on overcoming obesity and leading a healthy new life! I too lost weight through diet and LOTS of exercise......I had LBL as well as breast and arm lift. Your PS was correct, it really did take a full year before I was able to truly appreciate my results... You look fantastic!
I agree, it took me a year too for things to settle down and for the scars to start to fade to the point they weren't red and raised.
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I found myself questioning if I did the right thing because I was wrong in expecting instantaneous results, but now 5 months post op, I am so glad I had it done. I still have numbness around the main incision, but overall I am very pleased with my outcome, even though my surgeon says I won't fully appreciate the results until 1 year afterwards but even he is amazed at how nicely I've healed, without using expensive scar creams. I've rubbed coconut oil and arnica cream on my incision everyday and it's fading quickly. I do have to wear compression when exercising or I will swell quite a bit, but I'm okay with that as long as I get to exercise! Keep it in your mind as you recover if you opt for the surgery, this takes time to fully see the results, but be patient, wear compression, eat healthy and you will be happy. God bless :)
Fabulous! Thank you!! Yes I am going for a breast lift and tummy tuck (just put my journey online waiting for approval) I am scheduled for Oct 7th. Very excited! I am like you in that I was overweight and turned fitness nut. At my age, I said it's NOW or never darling! LOL And I love the way it makes me feel and look! Your surgery was bigger than mine will be (but I'll probably do an inner thigh lift next year because of wrinkly skin on my thighs. Thanks for the note about coconut oil and arnica. I already have both and was also told that arnica tabs two weeks continually before surgery also helps (so I'm doing that!). I'm gonna take it easy with the exercising of course but you're still wear compression after 5 months when exercising... so I will keep that mind. I know you must be happy as your body heals and you see all the wonderful fruits of your labor too! Thank you for sharing!!! :)
and thank you for posting the details of when you started running and getting back to operational in everyday routine. This is important and very helpful!! :)
I am so happy to see your amazing results. This is such a huge thing. I have lost a lot of weight too (not as much as you but still) I am having a tummy tuck soon to get rid of the wrinkly skin. It makes me sad to think I did this to my body but very thankful that it will be repaired. We are truly blessed to have drs who do this! I am SURE you feel amazing and wearing a bikini for the first time! WOW!!! How wonderful is that right? I know I feel some embarrassment at my wrinkly skin and there is nothing I can do no matter HOW much I workout. So, I choose the final option... a tummy tuck! Good luck to you and THANK YOU for sharing your journey with us!
You look amazing! ! Do you have before and aftet pictures of your buttocks and thighs area? You was so determined to lose that much weight on your own. congratulation!
You look amazing ... Enjoy your new you... Happy healing
Fitmom39021" Congrats on your weight lost!! Looking just awesome already here starts your new life, new sexy body enjoy everyday as it comes.. I wish you a fast healing and recovery...keep us posted...
You look amazing - good for you on your weight loss and total mind and body transformation and kudos to your surgeon for doing an excellent job in finishing your transformation.
You look great! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your pictures give me hope that I will look as fabulous one day soon.
Wow! Congrats on your weight loss and exciting journey!
Your got it done!!! Your looking just great... Thanks for sharing your journey...
Awesome transformation. Congratulations on the weight loss too!
Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

You look wonderful and you've obviously worked very hard to get to where you are today. So, apart from the belly button issue, are you completely healed now, no issues with the incisions, etc?
I'm completely healed up and was released to resume any and all activity at 6 weeks post op because I had healed so nicely