33 Years Old, 240 Pounds Lost, 33 Inches of Skin to Lose!

After losing 240 pounds through diet and exercise...

After losing 240 pounds through diet and exercise over 2 years, and completely changing my life to insure my weight loss was permanent by becoming a personal trainer and nutrition coach, I had done all I could with exercise to tighten and tone the skin left hanging around when I went from a 61 inch waist to a 27 inch waist. I had 3 consultations with 3 different plastic surgeons, and felt the most comfortable with Dr Bruce Mast in Gainesville, Florida and underwent the lower body lift in May 2014. I was quite surprised at how minimal the pain was, considering I had the incision that went all the way around me to lift the buttocks, outer thighs, pubic lift and tummy tuck. My surgery was performed at an outpatient center, and I went in to surgery at 7:00 am, and was out by 1:00 pm, and home by 4:00 pm. I had two drains left in place that were emptied twice a day but there wasn't a lot to empty thankfully, and the drains were removed within my first week postop. I had a problem with swelling in my legs and abdomen after I decided to be up on my feet day 3 after surgery to show off how good I felt, which landed me in compression stockings and bed rest for a week, but after that I was allowed to slowly resume working back into my normal routine. I ran for the first time 3 weeks after surgery and began working back into my full training routine. The only complaint I have is the stretching feeling in the new belly button but its slowly becoming less obviously sensitive as I continue working it. Its great to finally wear low rise pants without the muffin top effect from the lose skin!

Before weight loss and post op

First picture is before I lost weight. Second picture is 4 days post op and you could see I was quite swollen. Third picture is 2 weeks post op with swelling going down and last picture is close up at 6 weeks post op.
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

My doctor and his staff went above and beyond to answer all my questions before hand, and relieve anxiety I had over the procedure. The care I received afterwards was great as well. His bedside manner is great, and I would highly recommend him to anybody looking to have this procedure.

You look amazing - good for you on your weight loss and total mind and body transformation and kudos to your surgeon for doing an excellent job in finishing your transformation.
You look great! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your pictures give me hope that I will look as fabulous one day soon.
Wow! Congrats on your weight loss and exciting journey!
Your got it done!!! Your looking just great... Thanks for sharing your journey...
Awesome transformation. Congratulations on the weight loss too!
Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

You look wonderful and you've obviously worked very hard to get to where you are today. So, apart from the belly button issue, are you completely healed now, no issues with the incisions, etc?
I'm completely healed up and was released to resume any and all activity at 6 weeks post op because I had healed so nicely