Juvaderm for Lips- Great, but Know Your Stuff! -Frederick, MD

A year ago I had my lips injected with juvaderm. I...

A year ago I had my lips injected with juvaderm. I didn't hate the results, but they were less than optimal and I definitely experienced the dreaded duck lips. I threw in the towel for fuller lips. Then I did my research. It turns out I have a "long upper lip" which is the distance between the nose and the upper lip. For this reason I should not have had filler injected into the vermillion border, which was done the first time. Also means I should've had minimal filler injected into my top lip, and a lot was done the first time. My first experience we used a total of two syringes, which I now know was way too much. My second experience four weeks ago was dramatically better. We didn't inject the border and concentrated on the area where the dry part meets the wet part of the lips. We used 2/3 of one syringe and finally I have the results I wanted! No duck lips! I still look like me, and my lips are noticeably fuller, but because the shape and look of my lips didn't change, only the fullness, it doesn't look like my lips have been done. Fillers in the lips can be an awesome experience, once you know your stuff and what to expect. Study the shape of your mouth and find pictures of people with a similar shape to go by. Be aware that fillers aren't to change the shape of your lips, they can only enhance what you already have. Also be prepared for the day after, which is when you have the most swelling. After a few days it will go down and then you can start to see your real results.

Can I ask you who exactly injected you lips at Sylvana Institute , the look so natural
Angel. I highly recommend her. She's fantastic!
Where did you learn about the type of lips you have and how that affects your treatment?
Sylvana Institute