Juvaderm for Lips- Great, but Know Your Stuff! -Frederick, MD

A year ago I had my lips injected with juvaderm. I...

A year ago I had my lips injected with juvaderm. I didn't hate the results, but they were less than optimal and I definitely experienced the dreaded duck lips. I threw in the towel for fuller lips. Then I did my research. It turns out I have a "long upper lip" which is the distance between the nose and the upper lip. For this reason I should not have had filler injected into the vermillion border, which was done the first time. Also means I should've had minimal filler injected into my top lip, and a lot was done the first time. My first experience we used a total of two syringes, which I now know was way too much. My second experience four weeks ago was dramatically better. We didn't inject the border and concentrated on the area where the dry part meets the wet part of the lips. We used 2/3 of one syringe and finally I have the results I wanted! No duck lips! I still look like me, and my lips are noticeably fuller, but because the shape and look of my lips didn't change, only the fullness, it doesn't look like my lips have been done. Fillers in the lips can be an awesome experience, once you know your stuff and what to expect. Study the shape of your mouth and find pictures of people with a similar shape to go by. Be aware that fillers aren't to change the shape of your lips, they can only enhance what you already have. Also be prepared for the day after, which is when you have the most swelling. After a few days it will go down and then you can start to see your real results.

Sylvana Institute

Where did you learn about the type of lips you have and how that affects your treatment?
I just googled lip injections and researched like crazy! Get as much info as you can. A lot of professionals doing injections are great and can tell you this stuff, but the lady who did mine the first time did not know how to inject based on my lips.
REALLY informative. Thank you. You look beautiful. :)
Your lips look great! And so natural!
Thank you! I loved the result the second time, and I'm glad I decided not to give up after the first experience!

That is awesome that you were able to research out what your lips actually needed - good job! Its amazing how sometimes less product delivers a better result, isn't it?! Just to double check, you did use Juvederm both times, right?

Yes, Juvaderm both times. It is amazing that less product delivered a better result. It's so easy to go overboard but I've definitely learned a lot by researching different websites and before I do any procedure I always read real reviews on here. This site is an awesome resource.

I'm so glad to hear what others have shared on here has been helpful to you - and how awesome that now what you are sharing will be that valuable information to someone else!! :)