Fraxel is Worth It ...From Southlake, Texas !!

I am 47 years old....I was looking for a treatment...

I am 47 years old....I was looking for a treatment to resurface my skin.  I had wrinkles around my eyes.  I had frown lines between my eyes and lines across my forehead.  I had fine lines on my upper lip.  I tried botox for a few years and was very happy with Botox but I wanted a long term solution for myself.  After careful research and a conultation with a Fraxel Technician I determined that this was the way to go for my needs.

I just had my third treatment today.  I am having a total of 4 treatments.  I am very happy with the results.  It has eliminated the lines that I was concerned about and it has tightened my skin dramatically.

I believe that it is important to go to a reputable facility who has a top notch Fraxel Technician in order to obtain the results that you are looking for.  It's important to talk with the Technician and express your needs and go through the procedure so that you can make an informed decision ,as well as, let the Technician know what you want so there are no surprises or disappointments.

Not all Fraxel Treatments will be the same because we all have our unique issues and Fraxel is given at different strengths.

Santa is the Fraxel Technician in Dr. Mason's Office

The results are fantastic !! Fraxel eliminated my wrinkles and fine lines and dramatically tightened my skin. I look ten years younger. My skin looks real tight and soft. Yes there is initial pain involved during the procedure. But I feel it was well worth it.

I am new at this please respond in email who you used in southlake
What strength were your sessions done at and how many passes were taken?
I went to {edited - see note below} office in Southlake, Texas. Take Care, Lauren -- Editor's Note: Provider information is located at the top of the review. You must be signed into RealSelf to view.
http://www.fraxel.com/physiciansFaqs.aspx I had Fraxel restore treatments. I included a link that defines my treatment.
This link to Fraxel's website should hopefully clarify the issue for you. http://www.fraxel.com/fraxelTreatments.aspx
Excuse me, but I think you're missing the point entirely. Actually, I am currently researching whether to undergo treatment with either the Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore Laser, so please don't even presume to think that I'm commenting gratuitously because I have nothing better to do. "Fraxel Repair" and "Fraxel Restore" are both BRAND NAMES OF VERY DIFFERENT TYPES OF LASERS. I think you misposted your evaluation under the wrong category on Realself.com. You're completing confusing the brand name of the laser with the description of what you think the laser achieves. Yes, I understand that you chose Fraxel to restore your skin, rather than repair it (although it could easily be argued that restoration and repair are synonymous). I think, however, that most of the saavy readers of this site understand the difference between these two lasers.
NYC Girl- I appreciate your respnse. I was asked by people in this site/forum if I chose Fraxel to restore or repair....Consequently I am not sure why your response is so specific to only restoration. People choose Fraxel for scar repair as well. I had my procedure done in a top Plastic Surgeon's office in my area. One of my criteria was who was doing the procedure. I included that information when I posted my experience. That information is apparently held back for all to see. I am not interested in getting involved in some sort of heated debate. Nobody is forcing you to do this. So it's a little weird that you would take time out of your day to read feedback on a procedure you would not do.
Yes, we appreciate that you chose Fraxel to restore your skin. We're all trying to restore our skin. However, "Fraxel Repair" is the brand name of a specific type of ablative laser, and "Fraxel Restore" is the brand name of their non-ablative laser. Based on your description, it appears you had the Fraxel Restore. Although you appear to be happy with the results, I personally would be hesitant to have anyone other than a physician perform what could be a risky procedure on my face.
I chose Fraxel to restore my skin.
can you email me your facility, I am going to do it and live in Dallas!
please tell me the doctor is southlake
Was this Fraxel Restore or Repair..big difference?
Hi,i'm glad this is working for you,but this is not Fraxel Repair,it must be fraxel restore or refine,which is done multiple times.Fraxel Repair is a one shot deal because it uses C02 technology.