Fraxel Re:Pair for Acne Scarring (Forehead Only)

One month ago I had Fraxel Re:Pair on my forehead...

One month ago I had Fraxel Re:Pair on my forehead to treat acne scarring. I had terrible acne growing up and it was a really negative experience for me. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. It was traumatic. Accutane cleared up the acne but scars remained on my forehead and that is where the Re:Pair was done.

I definitely see an improvement in my scars. The Re:Pair (a C02 laser) created small holes deep into my skin which heeled, making the skin tighter and the scars less.

Protecting your skin is critical after the procedure. I ate healthy, did vinegar soaks, and a week after when my skin healed I put on TNS Recovery Cream, TNS Vit C serum, and Zinc Oxide sunblock while limiting sun exposure, doing no more than light exercise, and keeping an upbeat attitude.

I understand that some of the current improvement can go away in the next few months as the micro-swelling resides. I doubt though it would lose the whole improvement– and I would be happy with only a slight improvement if it ends up that way. I didn’t have high expectations going into this.

I have to give credit where credit is due. The doctor and his staff did a great job. Very knowledgable, very experienced, and very open. My self-confidence is so much higher and that is such a great feeling…

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo Update

can you post another photo?
I am pleased with 30% or so improvement in the scars. I am sure you will look better in a few days. I know it is misery at first but hang in there!
Hi there, I just had a fraxel repair done on my forehead only, today is day 2, I'm very swollen, looks like I've been in a boxing ring, fighting. I'm doing the vinegar soaks along w/aquaphor use. I've had 3 restores in the past but wasn't pleased w/results. I'm hoping my forehead will look as smooth as yours and may decide to go ahead and do the repair for the remainder of my face. Keep us updated!

Over the years the results I had continue to...

Over the years the results I had continue to decrease since my procedure but overall I am still happy with the outcome and glad I did it. Maybe 25% improvement as of today? Basically the area I had lasered resulted in tighter skin by creating very small holes in my skin. If you look really closely (2-3 inches inches from the mirror) you will see small holes in the area I had lasered. It's nothing to be concerned about as it's not noticable by others although I probably would not repeat the procedure due to the concern the small holes getting larger.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Over the years the results I had continue to...

Over the years the results I had continue to decrease since my procedure but overall I am still happy with the outcome and glad I did it. Maybe 25% improvement as of today? Basically the area I had lasered resulted in tighter skin by creating very small holes in my skin. If you look really closely (2-3 inches inches from the mirror) you will see small holes in the area I had lasered. It's nothing to be concerned about as it's not noticable by others although I probably would not repeat the procedure a second time due to the concern the small holes getting larger.

Hi Office Lase, your improvement seems much better then 25% in the photos or is these results boosted by micro swelling? If so could you consider posting a new photo of the 25% please?
Your forehead doesn't even look like it is on the same person. Absolutely amazing. I am so glad you did this for yourself. Amazing
San Diego Dermatologist