Fraxel Dual - New York, NY

I had this procedure before in the past, but it...

I had this procedure before in the past, but it had been over a year and decided it was time to freshen up. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Geronemus is the best at lasering, hands down so I decided to take the plunge... again. I must preface all of this with I am the biggest wimp when it comes to pain and discomfort and had very unpleasant experiences with other doctors before. Dr. Geronemus will not go overboard on alleviating the pain, but does what is necessary to make this as 'pleasant' of an experience as possible. My experience with other doctors is that they laser you and send you out the door. Not the same at his office---I received the torodol shot, prednisone for swelling mandatory valtrex for all patients and put the numbing cream on for the full hour.

The lasering itself was not uncomfortable, although you can feel heat. Went home with 2 more does of prednisone, valtrex, and iced. My face was pretty swollen, the pain was not bad though the first day. Day 2 and 3 were a bit worse as my face started to peel and it was a bit painful to smile, eat or stretch the facial skin in any way. Maybe it'll help me with dieting for a few days! ;) Today is day 4 and I still have raw areas, very tight skin and the skin is sensitive and a bit painful. No way to go out in public yet. Look forward to seeing the result after day 7....

New York Dermatologist

Dr. Geronemus office is professional, completely up to date (they do research in lasering as well) with all the latest and greatest procedures and newest equipment.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Yes, you MUST moisturize as much as possible! Dr. Geronemus recommends Skin Medica TNS Recovery Complex and Skin Medica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream for moisture. So far , so good . Will keep updating! ;)

Thanks for posting a new picture. It looks like you are healing up really well!

You have very pretty eyes & lips by the way!

Can u pls explain exactly what fraxel dual is. I apologize for my ignorance. I'm doing as much research as I can & I think its confusing me even more. I'm relieved to hear ur happy & are hvn good results. Thank u for posting pics. Much appreciated. U look fantastic!!!!! :)))

Here is a Q&A that helps explain the differences:

What is the Difference Between Fraxel Restore and Fraxel Restore Dual?

Its good to hear the discomfort was minimized for you as much as possible! Were you instructed to use any certain kinds of creams or lotions while you are healing up?

Megan, I swear I'm not staliking u, u just happen to be on every post I go too. ha...if u don't mind me asking hv u had anything done that u found helped? My skin is pretty fair. And what is fraxel dual? Geez...all this research I'm starting to get everything confused. I'm starting to wish there was only ONE laser that corrects everything so we knew what we were getting & the only decision we had to mk was YES we want it or NO we dont!!!!

Oh, you are not the only one who wishes there was one magic laser - I'm sure the Docs wish the same thing. Imagine how hard it is for them to decide which one to buy!!!

I haven't had any lasers done yet, but my interest in CO2 has been increasing lately. So far I've just tried some Botox and Retin-A. I'm toying with the idea of a filler, but haven't made the leap yet.

You can see my reviews here. Oh, and don't worry about posting everywhere I do - it makes me happy, because I can actually see all the info you are taking in & that you are well educating yourself before making a decision - good job, keep it up!!!!