Fraxel Dual - New York, NY

I had this procedure before in the past, but it...

I had this procedure before in the past, but it had been over a year and decided it was time to freshen up. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Geronemus is the best at lasering, hands down so I decided to take the plunge... again. I must preface all of this with I am the biggest wimp when it comes to pain and discomfort and had very unpleasant experiences with other doctors before. Dr. Geronemus will not go overboard on alleviating the pain, but does what is necessary to make this as 'pleasant' of an experience as possible. My experience with other doctors is that they laser you and send you out the door. Not the same at his office---I received the torodol shot, prednisone for swelling mandatory valtrex for all patients and put the numbing cream on for the full hour.

The lasering itself was not uncomfortable, although you can feel heat. Went home with 2 more does of prednisone, valtrex, and iced. My face was pretty swollen, the pain was not bad though the first day. Day 2 and 3 were a bit worse as my face started to peel and it was a bit painful to smile, eat or stretch the facial skin in any way. Maybe it'll help me with dieting for a few days! ;) Today is day 4 and I still have raw areas, very tight skin and the skin is sensitive and a bit painful. No way to go out in public yet. Look forward to seeing the result after day 7....

A little over 6 weeks after surgery

Things have been going very well.

Swelling tends to move and do not be discouraged if your jawline doesn't seem as strong as what you expected. My jawline looked better at 7 days but swelling moves DOWNWARD so I still have some swelling under chin, on neck and in a few places.

My ears are still sensitive but not terrible. I was able to get my roots done yesterday! What a relief! NO problem with the chemicals just was careful that no one was rough on ears.

I am having some internal stitches that are coming to the surface on the scalp. This is called "spitting stitches" and is normal. I went to office and they cut them the other day and now I have a new one. Itchy, but nothing to worry about .

Again, do not be discouraged if your face doesn't look as chistled as you expect. I was told that is due to swelling and all will resolve.

That's my update!
New York Dermatologist

Dr. Geronemus office is professional, completely up to date (they do research in lasering as well) with all the latest and greatest procedures and newest equipment.