Adult Braces- 22 Years Old - Frankfurt Am Main, DE

I got braces in Frankfurt Germany, I went to three...

I got braces in Frankfurt Germany, I went to three dentists for consultations, two said I needed extractions, with top and bottom, and tried to blow up my problem as though it would be really expensive and complicated the last dentist said no extractions and only top braces, since my bottom teeth are perfect and I have heard nightmare reviews about hollow smiles from extractions, I went with the third. Plus, why pull out perfectly healthy teeth?
I am amazed with the results, I will be getting my braces removed in about a month, and not only do they look amazing, but I finally have a comfortable bite.

Having straight teeth has absolutely changed my out look on life. I was so embarrassed about my horrible crowding I didn't dare smile openly and talked really muffled to cover up my teeth. Now I smile with confidence and am a lot more outgoing. It was totally worth the money for me!
I will also get my teeth whitened when I am done- I'll post a picture in about a month I guess :)

So braces are coming off on thursday :) My teeth...

So braces are coming off on thursday :)
My teeth are pretty much perfect, but I am curious to see what type of retainer I get and if it will make any further adjustments. At this point I know I'm getting a permanent retainer behind my front teeth and a removable retainer.
I posted a new pic and you can see there is a little triangle on the left side, but I think it's mainly due to tooth shape, don't know if I'll fix it with bonding or not yet. A lot of people are not really satisfied with their smile afterwards, especially with adult braces but I'm actually pretty happy! My teeth are straight, and healthy, I didn't have to have any teeth removed and my face profile has improved a lot, also I don't get jaw pain any more!!
I asked the dental assistant to print out my before and eventual after as the photo quality is a lot better than my pictures, so I'll put them up on thursday. I already saw the before last time and wow, my teeth are so much whiter now! I guess I take care of them better too. I still want to get them whitened though, but considering they are not as stained anymore I might use white strips instead.

Yay I'm so happy they are finally off! They look...

Yay I'm so happy they are finally off! They look great I think :D
Dr Angelika Frankenberger

My orthodontist is brilliant I feel so badly for people who got a bad dentist, that's why I am writing this review so people can know who to trust. Some of the techniques she uses may hurt but they definitely work, no pain no gain! She wasn't the cheapest, but she was up front with everything and did not try to overcomplicate my problem. I felt I could trust her from the start and she assured me I could achieve a nice smile. I also really liked that a lot of adults are patients at her practise, I didn't feel "too old" to have braces at all. And lastly, even though my treatment has been relatively swift I felt like she paid close attention to my progress and used all the latest techniques and devices on my teeth, and she really is a perfectionist!

They look amazing! Just curious though, how long did you wear the braces for?
I got them on in April and off in December :) Thanks!
They look really great:)
Thanks :D
Official de-brace date- December 20th whoo hoo!

What?!!! Woohoo for sure!!

You will have them off in time to enjoy all the delicious holiday foods without having to worry about your braces!! Yay!!

2 weeks - the countdown begins!

That is great that you consulted a few different doctors before deciding on who to see for your braces. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

How was it when you were first getting used to having your braces on? Was that first week or two pretty rough?

Hi! Sorry it took a while to reply, I am having trouble with my account, it says there is no record of my email address? The first week was absolutely horrible, I also had a TPA device in my mouth to widen my jaw and I could really feel it. The pain subsided after about two weeks, and then when I got my first wire change it hurt like crazy! I fortunately only developed one canker sore on the side of my mouth, and after that no more. If I compare to my friends at school I would definitely say the ceramic is less abrasive. After the initial period though I can honestly say I don't ever have any discomfort. Even at my last appointment when I got a new wire (I think I got a new one almost every two months) it didn't hurt. Today I will go in and hopefully find out when they are coming off :). In about a month (if I can figure out my account) I will post before and afters. It is really strange, hardly no one notices my braces anymore, I think the clear ceramics are more effective when your teeth are straighter, how ironic :)

*I logged in with fb because my email didn't work for my account

Our Community Support should be in contact with you about your account, if they haven't been already. I'm sorry to hear you were having a hard time logging in. :-/

The TPA's can definitely be a mouthful. I'm so glad you were able to make it through the first part of treatment and that things are going well now!!

Sooooo, did you get a deband estimate at your appointment??

Hi! My account is working again thanks for the help :) No unfortunately not, but she is working at it I still have a slight misalignment you can see on the left side in the photo. I have to go back again in two weeks and I am crossing my fingers the tooth will be resolved then!

Ah, well I'll be crossing my fingers with you! Keep us posted on how that left side is coming along for you.