34 Year Old Active Mother of 2 with Some Stubborn Fat That Would Not Go Away. - Foster City, CA

From start to finish the process was over and...

From start to finish the process was over and above what I had expected. Dr. Beck and his staff explained the procedure and side effects. I had the 1st procedure done a week ago on my abdomen and love handles. The 2nd, my flanks will be done on 5/8. The 1st day home I was able to move around, slowly! On the 2nd day I was the most uncomfortable, I was able to move around with some pain but the pain meds helped with that. Days 3, 4, 5 and 6 were fine. By day 3 I did not need any pain meds. Now I day 6 I still have some bruising but not much and still a little swollen in the abdomen area. My worst bruising was my lower abdomen area and pubic area. Love handles and upper abdominal area had very minimal bruising. As things progress I will continue to post updates.
Hello and welcome to the community!  And congratulations :).  I hope you'll post before/after pics so we can watch your progress unfurl.  SmartLipo is one of those procedures where there really is a transformation post-procedure that's not just stitches healing!

I live in Foster City, and looked up Dr. Beck when I was researching my procedures, but he wasn't located here back then.  I had no idea he'd opened a new office--or maybe my research was just shoddy! Do you happen to know if he's been in Foster City long?
I don't think he's been in Foster City that long. I will also post pictures soon!
Always good to know one is not crazy ;).  I look forward to pictures!!!!  Dr. Beck has surprisingly few reviews on here!

Week 2 for my abdomen & week 1 for my flanks

So this is week 2 for my abdominal area and some swelling still lingers around. I have some minor left over bruising but for the most part what is left is very faint. Pain is very minimal. My flanks are a little swollen and have some light bruising. Pain is very little! I continue to wear my compassion garment (even though I hate it). I have some hard bumps, mid-abdomen area, and massage them a few times a day.
Am looking to schedule with Dr. Beck next week to finalize my SL procedure. Am just curious about your pain during the actual procedure? Am wondering how uncomfortable it was? I know each person is different but really feel strongly that much of it comes from Dr.'s technique and gentleness.
Are you massaging manually or using a massager?
I have been massaging manually multiple times a day.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

The doctor was very professional and answered all of my questions. He was great at my pre-op visit, during the smartlipo procedure and after. I will definitely recommend him to people I know and look forward to possible future procedures. He is very honest and has an awesome bedside manner.