Ok, Here I Go... am I Crazy? Fort Worth, TX

I have lost 120 pounds over the last 3 years from...

I have lost 120 pounds over the last 3 years from the 'sleeve' procedure. I am very happy with my results from that surgery, but now I have the excess skin from the weight loss.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Hey there girls...I guess I should post an update. It has been 5 weeks post op. I also need to post photos. So Sorry. I have to amit in todays society we all want instant gratification...well your not gonna get it right away with a tummy tuck. (at least I haven't seen it yet.) I know, I know that it takes time to recover. I do not regret it but who knew it would take this long. I have to admit that i have one spot in my incession that has not healed. (no fault of my doctor). He said he has seen this in alot of weight loss patients. He is not too concerned, but it is slowing the recovery process. I promise I will post photos soon.

Thank you for the update:)   No this is not an instant gratification at all.  This is all a slow and long healing process so just hang on.  But it is all worth it in the end.

I look forward to seeing the new pictures.

Oh yeah! How are you. I'm fort worth too. Did things go well? I was Aug 29. I'm a week and half out from surgery. Post some post op pics. I have a friend who used Dr Schuster too and was happy. Hope you are well :)!
I would love to see an after picture! I am having my Mommy Makeover Sept 19th & im so excited! Even though i KNOW i will be in lots of pain.
looking forward to your after pics!
Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. It's been crazy. I still have 1 tube in. I should get it out Thursday. This Friday will be 3 weeks. I am happy that I had the surgery but I was not ready for the recovery period. There are mornings I wakeup and I can climb a mountain then hours later the 18 wheeler has run over me again. I am sure each day will get better.

Oh my gosh...still one drain??   Goodness that is a long time.

This is such a long healing process but it will get better.  I know it seems like it is taking forever but one morning you will wake up and realize you feel better.

the first few weeks kicked my ass too! I hear ya.
Had a checkup on Friday. I had to keep the drainage tubes in but the stitches looked good. I go back on Monday to see if the tubes can come out. I got to look at my stomach and the best way to discribe it is that it looks like a waterbed. Flat but still has drainage in it..lol

Yep you will have some swelling for a while.  It will all flatten out with time as you heal.

It is a god thing to have these drainage tubes in right now.  You want that fluid to all come out.

Today has been a great day. Got u and sat on the couch from 9 to 2. It was nice to be up out of the bed. So happy things are getting better. So for those of u out there don't get discouraged. It does get better. The only places it hurts now is down around the incision & still my stomach muscles r sore. But 100 times better than Saturday & Sunday.

Hang in there!!

Glad to hear you are recovering now and the pain is lessening. I have a week to go before the mac truck visits me. Doesn't sound like fun but neither is having this extra fat/skin! So congrats on getting through it. Can't wait to see your pics! Keep on resting and taking those pain meds.
Monday was a good day. I walked 3 different times. On the last time I was able to get up out of bed all by myself. I hope today I will be able to sit in the living room a while. The pain is now only down around the incision area. Each day it's getting better. T

Glad to hear that.  Movement will help greatly.  Keep up the good work:)

Had the surgery on Friday..Saturday it felt like I had been run over by 18 wheeler & it hurt like no other pain I have ever had. I tried to stand up on Saturday but that didn't help at all. Sunday was a much better day. I was able to get up and walk twice. only 5 steps but I did it. The pain is getting less & less each day. I hope to walk further to day. The docter said he took nearly 5 pounds off. I know it all will be worth it in the end but my goodness the pain is crazy!!!

Glad to hear from you:)

Yep hang on and that 18 wheeler will soon leave town.   You will notice improvement each day so rest and medicate for the next week or so.

OMG 5 pounds of tummy...WOW.  I can't wait to see your after pictures.

Hi! I had a lot of loose skin above the belly button too due to weight loss. Looking forward to following your story.
Crazy ??? No Way - you will be so glad you did. I Will be thinking of you and watching your progress. Hope all goes well. I am just over 2 weeks Post Op and it's been pretty easy going so far. Hope it's the same for you. Regards Robyn
Wow that is awesome weight loss! My surgery is 11 days later! I'll be following your surgery & cheering on your changes. Good luck :)
Not crazy at all! That is some amazing weight loss. I'm 23 days PO (TT, MR, lipo of flanks) and so so glad I did it. It's really something to get dressed in the morning and be truly happy with the girl in the mirror.

Best wishes for next week!
Good luck! No you are not crazy...I am in Fort Worth too and I am scheduled for Aug 29th. I have been scheduled since May...this has been a long wait :(. I am using Dr. Walter Gracia in Fort Worth. Almost one week till your day! Can't wait to hear your post op :)
I am getting less nervous each day. Now I am getting more excited on how my life will change. Being able to buy clothes that normally don't look good on me now will!!!

You are going to have so much fun shopping.  The bonus will be the self confidence boost you will have in the end.

You have some big and exciting days ahead of you.

Welcome Girlie!

That is a totally amazing weight loss!  WOW

Well just a couple more weeks and you can say goodbye to the extra skin.  You will be extremely happy and love having the flat tummy.