humpty dumpty is getting put back together again! - Fort Worth, TX

I am a 33 year old mother of three girls. They are...

I am a 33 year old mother of three girls. They are 10, 7 and 2. I had lipo done after my second daughter on my stomach, flanks, back and thighs. The lipo made my stomach look horrible! I now have a lumpy, saggy, stretch mearky stomach! Everytime I gain weight, it goes right to my stomach! I feel so self conscious all of the time and I just want my stomach to match the rest of my body. I am 5'5" and weight 145 lbs. I am also having a breast lift. Everytime I put my bra on it's like trying to put pancake batter in there...my boobs seep out of every nook and cranny. I want to lay on my back without my boobs falling into my arm pits. I originally wanted implants with the lift, but I am already a D cup and the large implants would pose too large of a risk to my health at the same time as everything else. He told me that he can always add the implants later, so I was good with that.

I have wanted this surgery for so many years. I have seen several plastic surgeons and just never found one that I felt good about. I just recently found the most amazing surgeon and I have no doubts at all. I'm scheduled for April 4th!!! Woohoo!!

Okay...this is a ridiculous question...should I go...

Okay...this is a ridiculous question...should I go ahead and pig out for the next few weeks before my surgery while I can or should I restrict my diet and lose as much extra weight as I can? I know it seems dumb...I just want to see what all of you think.

Wow...the real countdown begins!!! One more week!...

Wow...the real countdown begins!!! One more week! I have so many mixed emotions. I'm excited, scared, anxious...and so on. I've been running around trying to get a bunch of last minute things done and feel like I'm running out of time! I'm the most bummed that I wasn't able to lose more weight before my surgery. I really wanted to. Hopefully I will be able to lose a little after surgery. Are all of these feelings normal???

I had my pre-op today and I can't believe this is...

I had my pre-op today and I can't believe this is actually happening!!! I've waited so many years for this! Although I'm anxious and feel really vain, I'm soooo excited to just get this over with. I have obsessed for long enough!!! I'll get some before pics posted soon!

Okay...it's official...Monday is surgery day! I...

Okay...it's official...Monday is surgery day! I have been waiting for this day for so many years! Who else is with me on April 4th???

Today is the day! My surgery is at noon! I'll post...

Today is the day! My surgery is at noon! I'll post pics and let y'all know how it goes!! It's time to say goodbye to this gross tummy!!

I am 3 days post op and I'm feeling pretty...

I am 3 days post op and I'm feeling pretty horrible. I hope that everyday gets a little better. I'm getting ready to go see my PS. Do you guys have any idea when I will start feeling better? I can't wait to see my results!

Wow...I am 9 days post op now and needless to say,...

Wow...I am 9 days post op now and needless to say, this has been an overwhelming experience. At this point, I can laugh, cough and so on without feeling like I'm going to die! I am starting to feel really guilty about not being there for my kids as much as I should be. I stopped taking all of the pain killers yesterday and just take tylenol and this has made a huge difference! I'm coherenet and starting to resemble my normal self. I love my results even though I am so swollen. I have before and after pics to post as soon as I figure out how to! My mons area seems larger than before so hopefully that all settles after the swelling is gone. I also had a lift with no implnats and that was relatively painless. My boobs look a little weird, but my PS said it takes a while for them to take their shape...being able to lay on my back and not have them in my armpits is a relief!!! I had 5 drains...2 in my boobs and 3 in my tummy. My PS removed the 2 in my boobs and hopefully the other 3 will come out at my 2 week check up on Monday because I have to go back to work then. Any ideas of how I can hide these babies so I can go into public???

He is the best doctor ever! I had consultations with 4 different plastic surgeons and Dr Kasden was the last one I saw. He spent almost 3 hours with me at my initial consultation! I never went through with this before because I never felt the trust with the other PS. As soon as I met him, I knew! Everytime I see him, I'm at ease. He is thorough, caring, available, patient and so on. He's the best!

When I had my drains in (5 days only) I wore sweats to put them in. I couldn't hide them no other way. im glad to hear you are doing better.
I am soooooo jealous!!! I would give anything for a shower! My doctor won't let me take one until all my drains come out and I am really hoping that will be on Monday. Keep me posted on your progress!!! How do you like your results?
So far I am loving my results! I am scared about the shower thing. Don't know why? Feel like I should wait until my last drain comes out...but I want to shave my legs and I can't wait to feel clean! Baby wipes, flushable wipes and washing my hair in the sink can only last for so long!
Hey there! I had a tummy tuck, lipo of my hips and back and a breast reduction with a lift on April 5th! I'm feeling pretty good....gonna try to shower today! Should be interesing. I still have one drain in and am looking forward to getting it out on Friday! Can't wait to see your pictures!
Sorry to hear you feel lousy!! I started feeling better around day 4 or 5. Are you in pain or just uncomfortable? It will get better I promise!!
awww hun i'm sorry to hear you feel horrible. Is it the pain itself from the incision? Stay on top of the med's, trust me. That's what its there for. I have been taking my pain med's every three hours and I have had virtually no pain whatsoever. I am gonna see what happens if I just take one pill today. Hope your feeling well soon.
Hey I was just thinking about you. Hope all is well. Give us an update when you can!
Good luck! I will be thinking about you today! You will do great :)
I am having lipo of my luv handles and back area for my bra rolls with TT. I know, since yesterday, I have been getting nervous too. I also just want it over and done with! The surgery is daycare . . not overnight. Is yours? We'll definitely keep in touch. I know there is a couple of other people on the same day but I can never remember who they are. Yours I remembered cuz of your screen name LOL !!! Have an awsome weekend. Try to just relax and hey think . . . this is our last weekend with our seperated abdominal muscles :-) I cant believe our time has finally come!
I go in at 10:00 on Monday and my surgery is at noon. I started getting really anxious ever since yesterday. I'm excited but I guess my nerves are getting the best of me. I just want it to be over with. I have been waiting for this day for so long!!! We need to stay in touch with each other! Are you staying the night in the hospital? I'm having a tummy tuck and lift...what are you having done?
Hey you! ya your also for Monday! So am I!! how are you feeling at this point? All ready to go? I have everything I need or at least I think i do . . . I havent been feeling so great but I think its still a go ! I'm so excited yet I feel scared especially since yesterday! I got my surgery time finally! I have to be at the surgical centre at 8:15am but my surgery time is 9am. What's your time?
Thank you so much for all of the advice! I hope this will all be behind me and that I'll have a flat tummy before I know it!
Good Luck! I know what you mean about the obsessing. I feel like I breathe, eat, and dream about this surgery. Lucky for you, your date is coming up soon!
I am now 4 days post op and I am not having too much pain. I get exhausted really easy though. For example I brushed my teeth, had to sit down (my back is killing me), got dressed, had to sit down. I am going for my first post op today and I am sure I will need a nap when we get back. The pain is defiantly tolerable and certainly worth it!! Just make sure you have good help lined up. My mom has been taking care of me and my kids since the surgery (I need more help than the kids). I am only taking the pain meds at bed time and just taking Tylenol and Advil during the day. Hope all goes well for you and please keep us posted!!
How many days of actual pain/discomfort did you have? When did you start feeling better again?
Humpty- for me the first 3 days were the worst but even those were managable pain wise. The worst thing for me was getting up and down for the first week. Once I got up and moved I was fine it's just hard because you can't use your abs...funny how much we use them! Like 48161 said it was my back that hurt the most from hunching over. That pain went away in about a week and a half....once i started standing up a bit taller. I am still hunched but almost fully erect at 18 days post op. I am pretty much back to normal life...just a bit more tired than usual. No pain what so ever anymore! My incision itches a bit where it's healing but that's a good thing :)
Time will go by much faster than you think....each day gets better!
I personaly think all the money is worth it nd yes the pain as well. Thers not much pain besides ur back from being humched over w a tummuy tuck, other than tht it is tolerable:)
Thank you so much! I hope that all of the pain and money is worth it!
ull do awsome... im about almost 8 wks now and i love it and def wouldo not change a thing... i would do it allover again...:)
All of those are totally normal felling, trust me I was in your shoes last week. I was ready to lose my mind because the surgery was all I could think about!!! Good luck to you next week, keep us posted!!
I am doing research to decide what I want to do. Im a 29 year old mother of 2 am usually very active. My tummy skin is very saggy and I'm with ya on the boob thing!! Im constantly having adjust everything! I thought I just wanted BA and lipo but then I thought my skin would hang more.... and you seem to have confirmed that. Please post pics and let us know how you are doing and if you are pleased. Good luck!! :)
Thank you! It seemed appropriate for the situation!
Humpty,
In response to your question about pigging out...LOL! :)
My doctor said that it would be a benefit to be within 10 lbs of your goal weight for best results...so i guess as long as you don't gain lots of weight...go for it!
love the screen name by the way !! LOL
That's awesome! We'll have to keep each other posted on our progress. I'm so calm about it right now but I know I'll freak out when it gets closer. What time do you go in for surgery and when is your pre op? Let's keep in touch!!!