Research and Meet Several Surgeons! - Fort Worth, TX

Another highly regarded DFW surgeon insisted I...

Another highly regarded DFW surgeon insisted I needed a breast lift to fill the lack of volume at the top of my breasts (yay, motherhood!). The invasiveness and cost of the procedure made me rethink if it was worth it. Then I met Dr. Ethridge...

He examined me and told me that a lift was not at all necessary, and that higher placed implants would require much less recovery and give me the results I was looking for. I also inquired about resizing my aereolas (I've always thought they were a bit big), and Dr. Etheridge gave me information about it but gave me the impression that he didn't think it was necessary and I might want to wait an decide later. It made me think highly of him and respect that he had my best interest in mind and not an extra few zeros on my bill.

We discussed different volumes and thought we would go with somewhere between 325 and 375cc's, but he explained that once they are compressed under the muscles it may be necessary to make adjustments. I ended up getting 425cc's and feel so lucky to have a surgeon with such good judgement. My breasts were about a 36C/34D previously, so it sounds like they would be enormous now, but he placed them so well that at one week post op, I'm about a 38D/DD (which is very proportional to my height and weight.

Most important to me was that I not look like I had "bolt ons" and he succeeded marvelously. I'm of the opinion that not looking "done" is the true mark of a great plastic surgeon. One of my best friends of over a decade didn't even notice until he asked about some plastic surgery paperwork I had laying out. I'm so excited to see how everything will look once the implants have settled, because I'm already so impressed with my results. Oh, and Dr. Ethridge was right- my aereolas look proportional now, no surgery needed.

I'm at two weeks post op and feel great. I'm back...

I'm at two weeks post op and feel great. I'm back to just about all of my regular activity (still not lifting anything more than about 5 pounds) and only have brief moments of pain if I reach or stretch too much or in an awkward position. My incision scars already look really good- I'll update more pics when I'm at one month. I'm now able to sleep on my side (I wear a tight fitting cami with built in support and my compression bra over it so that there's no breast movement). I think the swelling has gone down completely, as most of my breast feels softer than a week ago. I'm not a "dancer" but have several friends who are and I visited them at work today and they all wanted the name of my surgeon. Talk about a group of women who know boobs!
I do have a slight burning sensation on the undersides of my breasts up to my nipples, but it's not painful or bothersome and a good sign that I won't have any loss of sensitivity when all is said and done.The doctor says that means the nerve endings are healing properly.

I forgot to add in my previous comments- GET SOME...

I forgot to add in my previous comments- GET SOME DULCOLAX! I think the pain meds affect that whole process and bowel movements were REALLY painful.

Well, I'm 6 weeks post op and feel great! I can...

Well, I'm 6 weeks post op and feel great! I can occasionally feel the implants under my muscle when I lift, pull, or push substantial weight (mainly picking up my 45 lb. son), or when I shiver I can feel my muscles. It's not painful at all, just an odd feeling. It's going to sound weird, but I can make my boobs bounce individually or together by flexing my chest muscles. You can decide if that's a good or bad thing, lol! They have dropped and have softened considerably. I can still feel a little firmness on the undersides of my breasts, but you can't at all tell where the implant and my natural breast tissue meet. It feels really natural!
I love being able to wear backless dresses and tops now! People have asked if I've lost weight, because my breasts are higher now and it makes my torso looking longer and slimmer. I would definitely do it again and would tell anyone who's considering it to go for it. And if you live the the DFW area, go see Dr. Richard Ethridge!

My breasts have pretty much settled to where they...

My breasts have pretty much settled to where they should stay and I am a 36DDD at Victoria's Secret but went to a bra specialists website and according to my measurements should be a 34G! It sounds enormous but it truly isn't. Aside from the two friends of mine that know I had this done, no one is the wiser, including my mother (which is what I wanted!). The scars are healing nicely and the implants themselves are feeling very natural. Could not be more pleased!
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend him to any and everybody, and will for sure be returning for any other "maintenance" I may want in the future. Many thanks to Dr. Ethridge and his wonderful staff for restoring so much self confidence!!!

Oh my gosh, this might be my favorite profile!! My befores are a LOT like yours, and I really really do NOT want the scars (and possible sensation loss) of a lift. My areolae are a lot like yours but I want them to stay as they are, too. I was hoping to get away with just augmentation, and you give me hope. Did he use saline or silicone? And I'm assuming he used round? What about profile? Ok, last question, when he said he was going to place them higher what did that mean...was it sub muscular? Thank you!!
Wait, just saw you answered some of my questions below, sorry! Just got excited, lol
Yay!!!! I spent HOURS trying to find similar "before" boobies so I'm glad you found me! Yes, my doctor used round moderate profile silicone gel implants made by Mentor and placed them sub muscularly. Post op, when I "massage" them (it's really just pushing) I only pushed them up and in. Most BA massage routines are up, down, in, and out. I really like the cohesive gel silicone, I think they look and feel more natural.
Oh, no problem!!!!
Wow your tatas looks good they sit up so perfect =)
Thank you! I'm very happy with the results. I see your looking to get a lift and a bbl?
these look amazing! im contemplating getting implants to fix an asymmetry problem but have been hesitant because I want them to look and feel natural still nd to not lose nipple sensitivity. Yours look so natural still! Where were the implants placed and what material was used for the implants?
I swear I responded but it's not showing, hope this doesn't end up as a double post! My surgeon didn't tell me specifically where the implants were placed, he just said they would be placed higher to pull my breast tissue up. The implants used are silicone gel, made by Mentor, and are the smooth round moderate plus profile. Hope this helps! Welcome to realself, I've found it to be a great source of information and support. What state do you live in?
Thanks for the reply! Was it a sub muscular placement? And you like the way that your implants feel, you would recommend those? Thanks, it's nice to see real people talking about their experiences. I live in california
Yes, it was sub-muscular. I love the way they feel. The left breast softened faster than the right breast, but I'm just over six months since surgery and they feel the same, and feel very natural. Oh, and I have the same sensitivity as I did before. I do recommend these implants, but be sure to visit as many surgeons as it takes until you find one that you are confident in. Take pictures with you to show them what you want your results to look like and ask if that is realistic. And listen to your gut! If you think someone is trying to push you for something you don't want, get a second opinion. If you think someone is just telling you what you want to hear, get a second opinion! Many doctors will offer a free initial consultation.
Thanks for the advice! I wish Texas wasn't so far or I'd see your doctor! But I'm sure California has some good ones too
Your boobs look very natural
Yours look amazing- how are you healing?
Thank you: I'm healing really good; one more week and ill be 6 weeks; still have to wait until 3 month mark for final result;
Glad to hear that! The first two months are the most uncomfortable, but soon you'll feel 100% back to normal.
Wow you look great! I hope my scar heals that good! It was a big issue with me! I had my surgery on the 21 do I still gave a way to go lol.
Thank you! I'm glad that you found the right surgeon! How frustrating to have had your experience- it looks like you picked the right one, you look fantastic! I didn't use anything fancy for my scars, my doctor said to just rub lotion into them as often as I remembered to keep the skin soft (after stitches were out!). I used Aquaphor for the first several months and in the last month I've been using coconut oil.
Thank you! I will try those things. It sure has been an adventure! Lol.
oh jk! I just now saw the $$
I was actually just looking him up thinking about making a apt with him! I still have to wait till I have enough time off of work ( which is going to be forever) but I'm glad to hear that you like Dr. Ethridge!! How much did he charge you?
Definitely go see him. I will be returning to him to have lipo on my hips and flanks and get some of that junk put in my trunk. I absolutely trust him and my results are phenomenal!
Have you started meetin surgeons yet?
I can bounce my boobies too jenny! LOL fun fun
Nice results. They definitely look natural. I'm most likely getting a lift myself. Hope your healing continues to be good.
You are going to be able to get epic cleavage! Very natural and voluptuous. Looks great!