I Am Scared...PDT on Friday - Fort Wayne, IN

I went through the 5-FU therapy 6 years ago, ended...

I went through the 5-FU therapy 6 years ago, ended up with a horrible acid type burn on my face. Now we are going with PDT and I am scared to death (only because of my previous experience).

This is scheduled for Friday 10/14/2011 and I am really nervous that my face will look like a freak show when I go back to work on Monday...blah. I have the best dermatologist and trust him completely. I will have the gel applied for 1 hour and then the blue light for 4-6 minutes. With my reaction to the 5-FU, I just cannot fathom what PDT will be like. Somebody, please give me some tips, reassurance, anything! I did finally find some Aquaphor tonite that I plan to use if that will be okay. Any other suggestions? I plan to take before, during and after photos and will include those as well.

Fort Wayne Dermatologist

Dr. Sassmannshausen in Fort Wayne IN has got to be the best doctor I have even had the pleasure to meet. Although he did not perform my PDT treatment today (which I was completely aware of), the nurse and staff were absolutely incredible. I am now about 7 hours post PDT and it is painful. I have found that my new best friend is my FREEZER! INSTANT relief lol

I am scheduled to have this done on 4-9 and am scared to death. I just dont know how I am going to be able to "hide" for a month while my face is burned and peels. How are you doing??
That's my main concern as well. I can't take time off from work so was planning on doing this on a Saturday or Friday and having the weekend to "recover" but it looks like it takes longer than a few days to heal. Might not be able to do this treatment til the holidays but who wants to look like a monster when you see all your family? :/
Hi there, I happened upon your post and wondered, genuinely, how your skin is doing? I am not trying to do a "sales pitch" but I found out about a product called "Nerium AD" that has been on the market for about 4 months. Within 30 days, we are seeing 20-60% results...the biotech company started out using Nerium to treat skin cancer and accidentally stumbled upon the fact it works great for every skin condition - super at anti-aging. I used it myself for 5 days before purchasing and it's incredible. I got involved with the company because it works so great and is literally promoting itself. If you are interested, you can email me at info@RedeemMySkin.com

All the science and before and after pics, etc. is there. Good luck to you!!

I am on my 3rd morning after PDT treatment. Face feels like I have a dried mud mask on, but no pain at all. Some itching, but no peeling...yet. Day 2 was also fine, no pain at all, just alot of redness and the AK spots seem to be more pronounced. I have had no problems whatsoever with this treatment.

This morning, my face is not nearly as red, just real thick and dry feeling, but not noticeable to others. Tomorrow I go back to work. We'll see what coworkers think.

Laurie1913, what happened? How do you feel now? I am investigating PDT for AKs. I've had 5 BCCs removed from my face (and many others on my body) the earliest at age 26. I need something to prevent the need for add'l surgeries.
First picture is a before pic. Second picture is 1 hour post PDT, third picture is 6 hours post PDT and final picture is when my dog had to go outside 7 hours post and fiance was not home. Like the new dish towel look? lol