I Am Scared...PDT on Friday - Fort Wayne, IN

I went through the 5-FU therapy 6 years ago, ended...

I went through the 5-FU therapy 6 years ago, ended up with a horrible acid type burn on my face. Now we are going with PDT and I am scared to death (only because of my previous experience).

This is scheduled for Friday 10/14/2011 and I am really nervous that my face will look like a freak show when I go back to work on Monday...blah. I have the best dermatologist and trust him completely. I will have the gel applied for 1 hour and then the blue light for 4-6 minutes. With my reaction to the 5-FU, I just cannot fathom what PDT will be like. Somebody, please give me some tips, reassurance, anything! I did finally find some Aquaphor tonite that I plan to use if that will be okay. Any other suggestions? I plan to take before, during and after photos and will include those as well.

I am scheduled to have this done on 4-9 and am scared to death. I just dont know how I am going to be able to "hide" for a month while my face is burned and peels. How are you doing??
That's my main concern as well. I can't take time off from work so was planning on doing this on a Saturday or Friday and having the weekend to "recover" but it looks like it takes longer than a few days to heal. Might not be able to do this treatment til the holidays but who wants to look like a monster when you see all your family? :/
Hi there, I happened upon your post and wondered, genuinely, how your skin is doing? I am not trying to do a "sales pitch" but I found out about a product called "Nerium AD" that has been on the market for about 4 months. Within 30 days, we are seeing 20-60% results...the biotech company started out using Nerium to treat skin cancer and accidentally stumbled upon the fact it works great for every skin condition - super at anti-aging. I used it myself for 5 days before purchasing and it's incredible. I got involved with the company because it works so great and is literally promoting itself. If you are interested, you can email me at info@RedeemMySkin.com

All the science and before and after pics, etc. is there. Good luck to you!!
Fort Wayne Dermatologist

Dr. Sassmannshausen in Fort Wayne IN has got to be the best doctor I have even had the pleasure to meet. Although he did not perform my PDT treatment today (which I was completely aware of), the nurse and staff were absolutely incredible. I am now about 7 hours post PDT and it is painful. I have found that my new best friend is my FREEZER! INSTANT relief lol