I Am Scared...PDT on Friday - Fort Wayne, IN

I went through the 5-FU therapy 6 years ago, ended...

I went through the 5-FU therapy 6 years ago, ended up with a horrible acid type burn on my face. Now we are going with PDT and I am scared to death (only because of my previous experience).

This is scheduled for Friday 10/14/2011 and I am really nervous that my face will look like a freak show when I go back to work on Monday...blah. I have the best dermatologist and trust him completely. I will have the gel applied for 1 hour and then the blue light for 4-6 minutes. With my reaction to the 5-FU, I just cannot fathom what PDT will be like. Somebody, please give me some tips, reassurance, anything! I did finally find some Aquaphor tonite that I plan to use if that will be okay. Any other suggestions? I plan to take before, during and after photos and will include those as well.

Fort Wayne Dermatologist

Dr. Sassmannshausen in Fort Wayne IN has got to be the best doctor I have even had the pleasure to meet. Although he did not perform my PDT treatment today (which I was completely aware of), the nurse and staff were absolutely incredible. I am now about 7 hours post PDT and it is painful. I have found that my new best friend is my FREEZER! INSTANT relief lol