36 Yrs Old, Weight Loss 50 Lbs, Extended Abdominoplasty/lower Body Lift - Fort Wayne, IN

I am currently at day 4 post op. 6 lbs was removed...

I am currently at day 4 post op. 6 lbs was removed around mid section. The pain and discomfort was a lot less than I thought. I appear very square around my mid section and my backside is very flat which is concerning but just trying to keep in perspective I am only 4 days out and swelling is a factor.

9 day post op lower body lift

Feeling really well drains came out yesterday. Everything looks a little squarish in my torso but doctor said wait until 6 weeks out for shape to settle and swelling to go down

Back to work tomorrow ..a little nervous

I am nervous about going back to work tomorrow. My co-workers are not very supportive. My husband works at the same company and one of my co-workers asked him was I vain since I have been out. Gonna post a pic of my gut in clothes before surgery and one I took the other day in a dressing room just recently. The doctor only took 6 lbs but it looks like I have lost 20 lbs. So I am sure people will notice at work and comment. Just hope I don't feel like I have to defend my decisions.

Before and after with clothes on lol

Day 24 post op scar check

Here are my scars at day 24. Some of my skins looks a little dark and red but could be due to chaffing from compression binder 24/7

Front view

Brian Lee

Jenlo :)) Your looking very beautiful...
Congrats on your decision and try not to worry about what people have to say. I was called vain by someone in my own house!!!! Oh well, that is their opinion! You will look fantastic and as long as you are happy that is all that matters, you are not hurting anyone else with your choice!
Thank you. Its hard when people around you don't support you. I hate the word vain. Caring about how you look , not to impress people but to feel confident is not vanity.
Healing Nicely! Happy Sunday!
Thank you. Really happy there are no pull scars areas or thick puffy scars forming. Just read flat lines..what a relief :)
Yeah,any scars are NO BUENO!! I have them on my arms.legs.chin.lol. That red flat line will turn white soon and after 1 year and more to come,it will disappear.
:) Happy Monday!
You too Bella!!! :)
Thanks
You look awesome!! Congrats!!
Beautiful dress&transformation :) Love the before&after.
Ty :)
yw!
Congrats on the weight loss and having the surgery. I'm having mine on September 30 and I'm hoping the pain and discomfort is less than expected. I think recovery will be the hardest part, you make it look like a piece of cake, Thank you!
Awesome! I am very excited for you. I read your profile and see you are having a lot done in one day. I hope and pray everything goes well. I know I keep saying it but I really think my quick recovery (even the doctor and nurses seemed surprised) was the pre-supplements I started over a month before surgery. If you don't want to do the Zija smartmix or Supermix, maybe do the Beach Body smoothie. I think consuming a supplement loaded with superfoods really cuts down on the body's inflammatory response to what it sees as trauma. Its almost like my incisions just sealed up very quickly was almost weird. I can't way too see the new you, make sure you posts pics :) !!
Thank you for the tips, and yes keep me in your prayers! ;) I am a alkaline junkie! I had a c-section 11 months ago and the scar is very very minimal. My husband has trouble finding it at times. I'm convinced it has everything to do with diet. I will look into those smoothies. Btw: you look great in clothes, who cares what your coworkers think, you know how I interpret those comments, "damn, she looks good, I wish I had the ability to do something like that" when you go back to work, hold your head up high, walk with your shoulders back and be keep a smile on your face. Work it girl!
Thanks so much for the encouragement, people can just make you feel like you are not a normal person because you get plastic surgery. I just don't think they realize how many people do it they just don't tell people because of their judgements. Not sure I am familiar with alkaline. I find a lot of my supplements on amazon and even ebay. I buy both the shakeology strawberry and the Zija on there. When I get tired of drinking one I switch to the other :) . You will be in my prayers and you are gonna look awesome!
Congrats!!!!! Happy Healing and have a Happy Labor Day!
Thank you!! First day back to work tomorrow since surgery. Happy Labor Day!
I am sure it'll be fine. Relax and enjoy today :)
@Jenlo congrats on your surgery!! I hope everything is going well. Your ins ion looks like a thin fine line. Lucky you your done with this procedure. Well, me I scheduled for sept 10th I'm very excited, nervous, and have mixed emotions counting down days. I put my self in Gods hands and have faith everything will be good. We'll very happy for you in my prayers for your recovery, healing process... God Bless you...
@nanasexydiva2014 I am very excited for you. My emotions were very mixed as well. I hope and pray you do great. You wont regret it. My doctor is amazed at how well I walk around and how quick my incisions have already healed. I stopped take the pain meds at day 5. I am either super human (not really) or the supplements I took up to surgery really stopped the inflammation response of the body. I took the Zija supermix (start with the smart mix for about 2 weeks) for about a month before surgery. I bought it initially from my doctor a 2 week supply then I bought the rest off ebay so you can just buy like a couple boxes at a time. It is kinda expensive but I really think that is why I have healed so fast and the pain has been minimal. Good luck you wont regret it.
Did they do any liposuction in the upper abdomen?
No liposuction was done for a couple reasons. My lap band port is in the upper abdomen and pulling the skin to tight might have showed it and being that I am short wasted ( I am only 5 ft) he tried to keep my incision right above my bikini line therefore he said pulling down from the top a little tighter would have made my incision higher? I dont know but that was his reasoning. Also, they dont do liposuction and cut away skin at the same time because liposuction damages the blood vessels so you dont want to compromise the blood flow to the skin. I mean they can cut the fat and skin away but the lipo will need to be done at a later date is what he said to me.