Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation-June 18th

I am recently divorced. After two children (ages 3...

I am recently divorced. After two children (ages 3 and 5) and a bit of weight loss, I'm ready! I want fuller breasts and my flap of a stomach gone!

I'm super nervous about the pain and recovery.....and the blood. "Drains" sound so gross. Ugh! My sister will be home to help me take care of the kids for a week. I have the summer off so I'll have two months to recover before I go back to work. My boyfriend can help take care of me a bit but he doesn't live with me. What kind of help do I need to have arranged? I'm nervous and excited tied into one!

Please see my posts below!

Please see my posts below!

He seemed friendly and willing to answer all my questions. He's very experienced.

Can you post some photos? And how did it go once your two kids came home??
I am almost four weeks post-op. I love my results and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
I am now five days post op. The first two days are terrible. I had s much more pain than I expected. I wish that I demanded a pain pump. Now I'm pretty much relaxing in my recliner with a vicodin every four hours. My sister is bringing my two kids home today. I miss them but I'm not sure if I'm ready for all the noise and mess that comes with them. Hopefully, they'll be understanding and help a bit. My three year old keeps telling me she wants to cuddle and sit on my lap. That will be the hardest part now...not being able to hold my babies.
Tomorrow is the big day. I'm nervous. I think I'm ready.
I went on vacation all last week and gained three pounds and got a yeast infection so now I'm back on my low cal diet and taking Diflucan so I can feel great about the surgery on Monday. I bought my post op bra and a new recliner. I found one for $187 at American Signature Furniture. It's small and not high end but it'll be my home for the next few weeks. I also bought some granny panties and x-tra strength Tylenol. I hope I'm ready. I'm starting to feel that in between stage where one week is far enough away that the surgery doesn't seem real but the prep work is making this surgery materialize. I'm sure the freaking out will start in the next few days.
My surgery actually got moved back to June 28th. One week from Monday! I am ready but nervous!
I hope your surgery went well. Give us an update as soon as you can. I'd love to know your experience and thoughts.
Yay!! Today is the big day for you!! I hope everything goes fantastic and that you love the results. Post pics and also give us an update on how the recovery was. I have mines done the 6th of July, so Im freaking out!!! :) Best of luck!!!
I went to my pre op appt. yesterday. I picked up my prescriptions and asked my questions. He told me that I'm not getting a pain pump but he will apply a long lasting anesthetic to the muscle. I also got Vicodin. I'm very nervous about the amount of pain. He also prescribed me a pill to take the morning of surgery so I don't get nauseous. I read the brochure about the breast implants. I'm getting them on top of the muscle and I wonder why he's not doing under the muscle. I know the recovery time is greater but the risk of them getting hard is decreased. Too many questions! I told my dad about the surgery and he was very supportive. I have yet to tell my mom because I know she'll freak out and worry me to death. I need to tell her but I don't know when.
Did your PS ever tell you why he's putting your implants over the muscle instead of under. I've been told that your chances of getting capsular contracture and the implants bottoming out are a lot higher when it's over the muscle. I think you should get this answered.
Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment! I've kept a list of questions going: 1. Will I get a pain pump? 2. Will I get lipo? 3. What kind of help will I need the first week? 4. When can i drive? 5. How many times a day will I have to drain the pump? 6. What OTC meds do I need: vitamin c, arnica, bromelain, neosporin spray 7. Do I need to preorder garments and scar strips?
I got sick and I'm on a z pack. The good news is that I have less of an appetite so I lost a few more pounds and I'm down to 154. Yesterday was my one month till surgery mark. I have arrangments for the kids for the first week so I'll have a quiet house. The second week I know I'll struggle with them a bit but I'll get as much prep work done as possible. So far, I've assembled a list of things to buy: robe, granny gown, netflix subscription, frozen meals ( lower microwave to counter level) paper products, neosporin spray, vitamins, recliner, what else?????? I go to my pre op appt on Thursday so I'll know more then. I'm also going to ask about a pain pump. I still don't know why some PS don't use them.
I can't figure out how to update my review so I'll add on here. I am 5'6" and 157 lbs. In my adult life, my lightest was 150 lbs. so I've never been thin. I gained 60 pounds with each pregnancy and never lost the weight from the first before I had the second. I'm 33 years old and recently divorced so it's a gift to myself for losing all my baby weight. I have to finance the surgery but I have no credit card debt so I figure it's a trade. I could wait until I save money but everyone says that they wish they did it sooner. I also have a HUGE butt and big thighs but I love my butt and I'll hide my thighs. I do expect to have round breasts and a flat stomach. I won't mind the scar. As I see it now, right now I don't look good naked or in clothes. After the surgery, I'll at least look good in clothes. I'm concerned about one thing. My doctor didn't say anything about a "pain pump" but he did say that he applies a "long lasting anesthetic" on the muscle. Has anyone heard of that? If anyone can tell me how to update my review and add photos, I'll post pre pics now. Be prepared to be grossed out though!
Does anyone know how to update a review?
Your kids are just a year older than mine (2 & 4). It's good you will have someone w/you the 1st week. You need that at least. My mommy makeover was the 1st surgery I've had in my life, so that made a little difficult for me. I found it impossible to take care of my kids the 1st week. I am 7 days post op today & still not really able to care for them. I can a bit them now, but to cook, feed, & bathe them, I can't. I can do a little more for my self now though. But every person is different. Emptying your drain is not a problem. You can squirt it out in the toilet after you pee. But the getting around, getting up, lying down are the hard part. There will be lots of lower back pain. Just get as much help for as long as you can. I think now that my drain is out, I can drive. Not that I will.
My doctor is going on vacation and he moved my surgery date to the 28th. I am a recently divorced 33 year old and have two young children (ages 3 and 5.) My sister is going to help me with the kids the first week but I'll be on my own after that. My boyfriend will be around but he has to work. He has taken two days off work to help me out but what's involved for him? Will I be able to clean my own drains that first day? How long until I get up on my own or drive?
Your emotions sound completely normal for someone about to undergo a mommy makeover. Just try to keep your eye on the prize. I'm giving away Mederma Stretch Mark therapy (which retails for $40, a box of Scaraway Silicone sheets and some pampering facial masques for any woman who sends me a pre-op and post-op video. Message me if you're interested or email me at angiemcdonald at hotmail dot com!
You will be fine. I had mine done nearly 3 weeks ago. I had a pain pump so I didnt feel a thing. Just have someone with you the first week to help you 24/7. The worst thing out of the whole experience was the back pain.
wow how bad is the back pain? iam havign the same surgery but not till febuary 3rd.. of 2011. so im pretty nervous..:)