Miradry 1st Treatment of 2 Needed-fabulous! - Fort Myers, FL

2 1/2 weeks ago when I had my first miradry...

2 1/2 weeks ago when I had my first miradry treatment on my under arms. The treatment was painless. It was an easy in office procedure. It took about 1 hour. I was first numbed using many injections of epinephrine lidocaine. This was the only uncomfortable part of the procedure. After I was numbed, the laser was placed on each section and the entire area was treated. The laser heats each section sufficiently but I did not feel it and was perfectly comfortable and peaceful lying back the whole time. My doctor used laser in #3 setting. The underarm swelled significantly and had a little blood bruising. I drive to and from the office with no difficulty or issue. I could do anything I like and was not restricted from the procedure. Later that evening, the numbing wore off and I was in moderate pain from swelling and bruising. I was instructed to ice as much as possible around the clock. This was not a problem and was treated with pain pill prescription for one day. After that initial pain, I was swollen but comfortable and could return to normal activities as I like. The area is bumpy and going down more each day. 2.5 weeks later, the underarm is slightly bumpy but totally fine and SWEAT FREE! I am overjoyed with this procedure and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it! A second treatment is required and included in the $3000 cost. The 2nd treatment need to be done around the 4 month mark to destroy the majority of remaining sweat gland in the underarm. I can't wait! This is the best thing ever for problem underarm sweating and easy to do! It is fairly inexpensive considering the problem heavy underarm sweating causes. Only barely noticeable difficulty of procedure is edema in underarm that takes a few weeks to go down. Do it if you need to and can!!!

I am glad to hear this worked so well for you.  How nice that you no longer need to worry about the sweating.

I have to say that the thought of the needles in the arm pits gave me a twinge..Ouch!
Ha...gave me a twinge too! That part was bit painful but so worth the benefit :))

1st treatment

This is underarm day of 1st treatment.

Whoa!

Great reduction

Ok so it has been one month since first treatment. Lumps have almost completely disappeared. Numbness is less but still exists even bit down tricep-I am not concerned at all. Sweating only has occurred a few times-it is minimal when used to be dripping down sides. I am delighted with reduction but will be hopeful that second treatment will almost eliminate sweating altogether. It is for certain making sweating normal to very light! Great!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2nd miradry for hyperhydrosis

7/2/14
I had second of the two miradry treatments needed to eliminate excess sweating in my underarms. I went longer between treatments than needed (6 months when they can be done 3 months apart). I have had almost no wetness at all the entire time since my first treatment. I could not be more thrilled with my result! I have not even considered my sweating when dressing or choosing clothes-this is so amazing because before the first treatment, it factored into everything! This was he best decision for me and I am so glad I discovered this procedure and a good doctors office to perform it! It is so wonderful to be able to wear anything and not have to worry about sweating. The second procedure was at level 3 again and only hot during a few spots. The numbing before starting still is the only really hard part. I have significantly less discomfort and swelling following this treatment than I did with the first (possibly bc there are less glands to cook). After the first day I am hardly uncomfortable and unless I lift my arm to show underarm, I look normal and can conduct normal activities. My lumpiness from first treatment was still very slightly noticeable but I am told my body will slowing remove the material. I honestly highly view this procedure as a without question best choice for my sweating problem and a great use of $3000 to eliminate a life hindering problem!

Thank you for writing this review. I had mine yesterday and hope for the same experience. Once question. Did you notice the day after that your armpits were hot and did they feel clammy?
Dr. Robert brueck

Doctor and office are great! I recommend them for this procedure!!!