25 Year Old Suffering with Acne!!! - Fort Mill, SC

I am a 25 year old female suffering from acne. I...

I am a 25 year old female suffering from acne. I have tried a number of products to control my skin with no luck. Recently I asked my dermatologist about accutane and she agreed. I just got my prescription. Today is day 4 since I have been taken Zenatane 40mg. I will update you on my progress weekly

Thanks for your review, I hope Accutane does the trick for you! What type of acne do you have? What other treatments have you tried?
I have moderate acne. I mostly get blackheads, whiteheads but no cystic acne. I usually have the most breakouts on my face. I have tried a number of antibiotics, prescription creams as well as over the counter products with little to no luck so hopefully this will work!

Month 2

I am in month 2 of my accutane treatment. I am now on 80mg of Zenatane. My acne has really begin to come to the surface. Side effects include: dry eyes, dry lips, stiffness in joints and my hair tends to shed more than usual. I will be posting pics soon. Wish me luck!!!!

Good Luck. Are you tracking your progress with pictures? Hang in there - for most people it does get better

Nearly 2 months!!!#Zenatane

I am almost done with my second month on Zenatane. My doctor upped my dose to 80mg. I haven't really noticed any change in my skin. I have been using CeraVe foaming cleanser along with CeraVe moisturizer. As for my lips I use Aquaphor or Dr. Dans cortibalm. I really hope accutane works...4 more month to go;)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

#Zentane80mg#

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

4 more months

Good luck! Give it about 3 months to really start seeing a difference in your skin! Hang in there, will be worth the end result :)
The pictures aren't clear - what kind of acne do you get? Hang Tight!
Thanks for the update. Hang in there, sometimes it takes awhile...good luck and keep it posted.
South Carolina Dermatologist

Very nice. I love the way she goes in great detail to explain your condition and all of your options. She always give samples to try before paying a lot of money for something that doesn't work!