25 Year Old Suffering with Acne!!! - Fort Mill, SC

I am a 25 year old female suffering from acne. I...

I am a 25 year old female suffering from acne. I have tried a number of products to control my skin with no luck. Recently I asked my dermatologist about accutane and she agreed. I just got my prescription. Today is day 4 since I have been taken Zenatane 40mg. I will update you on my progress weekly

Month 2

I am in month 2 of my accutane treatment. I am now on 80mg of Zenatane. My acne has really begin to come to the surface. Side effects include: dry eyes, dry lips, stiffness in joints and my hair tends to shed more than usual. I will be posting pics soon. Wish me luck!!!!

Nearly 2 months!!!#Zenatane

I am almost done with my second month on Zenatane. My doctor upped my dose to 80mg. I haven't really noticed any change in my skin. I have been using CeraVe foaming cleanser along with CeraVe moisturizer. As for my lips I use Aquaphor or Dr. Dans cortibalm. I really hope accutane works...4 more month to go;)

#Zentane80mg#

4 more months

South Carolina Dermatologist

Very nice. I love the way she goes in great detail to explain your condition and all of your options. She always give samples to try before paying a lot of money for something that doesn't work!

Good luck! Give it about 3 months to really start seeing a difference in your skin! Hang in there, will be worth the end result :)
The pictures aren't clear - what kind of acne do you get? Hang Tight!
Thanks for the update. Hang in there, sometimes it takes awhile...good luck and keep it posted.
I think this will be your "magic month" I don't know if you're the praying type but I will hold you in my prayers
Thanks. Really really ready to start seeing results. Yesterday I made the mistake of picking at two of my blemishes. I have to stay out of the mirror. Don't need any more scarring:(
This is true! I have the worse time with picking :/ but I will make a conscious effort not to! I'm sure you will be! So you went directly from 40-80? I'm hoping my doctor is mindful of my pocketbook bc I'm self pay lol I can't afford the 80 quite yet gotta save up from my second pt job 80mg is like $275
I get my prescriptions through the mail. My insurance covers this medicine and the best thing about is it free. My doctor told me about it. The name is Direct Success Pharmacy.
When I went in for my check-up my dermatologist asked me questions about depression, side effects, changes in mood, etc. Next i had to get my blood tests, pregnancy test and everything thing was fine... So I went from 40mg to 80mg.
Yea I dot have insurance :( but I'm gonna look into it and see ... Is it free with ur insurance or just free period?
I'm in Tallahassee I wonder if they cater to fl because my doctor will give me a prescription and fax it to them if it's free I jus hit the lotto lol I am loving the myorisan but I would switch no problems if that's not covered
Its free after they file my insurance
Awww man lol thought I was gonna be lucky
Good Luck. Are you tracking your progress with pictures? Hang in there - for most people it does get better
Thanks for your review, I hope Accutane does the trick for you! What type of acne do you have? What other treatments have you tried?
I have moderate acne. I mostly get blackheads, whiteheads but no cystic acne. I usually have the most breakouts on my face. I have tried a number of antibiotics, prescription creams as well as over the counter products with little to no luck so hopefully this will work!