Having Surgery Next Week - Nervous and Excited - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I've wanted rhinoplasty to fix the bump and...

I've wanted rhinoplasty to fix the bump and wideness in my nose since I can remember. I think it will definitely improve my self image and make me feel more confident in pictures. Im nervous because I have heard mixed reviews on the surgeon although mostly all good for rhinoplasty. Please let me know what you think!

Also, check out this post about questions to ask your rhinoplasty surgeon. It might help guide you. Let us know what you decide to do. There are so many good surgeons out there, I want to help make sure you go to one of the best.

Thank you Angiemcc! Today I had my pre-op and met with another doctor at Strax and I still feel a bit nervous so am going for once again another appointment with Dr. Hamm. I am aware of those reviews and they are definitely concerning, however they were mostly all liposuction surgeries and I have heard positive comments on him for rhinoplasty. I plan to confirm how many rhinoplasty he performs per year and how many of those need revisions.
Seems that it's Strax that's always advertising on the radio?

The doc has some concerning reviews on vitals.com; surgical mistakes, and people with infections post-op & the doc and staff not handling things well.

So I had the surgery yesterday. Everything went...

So I had the surgery yesterday. Everything went very well to my knowledge. When I first woke up i was in a good amount of pain and began to panic before realizing where i was. After coming home I took pain medication and for the remainder of the day and night felt almost no pain. I was able to sleep most of the day and night. Sleeping sitting up has not bothered me so far and I have been able to drink water and eat small bites of food with no nausea. Overall going great! Just very, very swollen. Especially my left side (where my bump was) so it is difficult to see out of that eye

Thank you everyone! Cast off tomorrow and I will post pics it has been a very painless recovery the swelling is gone still just bruised and some hematoma in the eye. Can't wait to see the results!
Good luck! I am really excited for you. :)
Glad to hear it went well! Have a good recovery and update us when you're up to it!

Over a Year Later, Very Pleased!

No regrets, overwhelming pleased with my decision. I am glad that I spoke up for my vision of how it would look. I feel much more confident and fully satisfied with the experience. The doctor did a great job on the surgery, however I would rate the bedside manner part of the experience rather poorly. I never received a followup call after I came in to have my cast removed. Other than that... fantastic!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pics

Just spotted your updated review - glad things turned out well!
Fantastic results