Minor Complications-but LOVE the Results! - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hello all! I am now 4 weeks post breast...

Hello all! I am now 4 weeks post breast augmentation. I had 350cc round smooth silicone placed moderate-plus sub muscular. I was a 32B before and now somewhere around a 36C/34D.I hit some minor bumps along the way...friction blisters formed on my right breast day2 post op, there was a black scabbed area under the steri strips on my right breast and I noticed an indent in the cleavage area of my left breast 7 days post op. By following PS recommendations, taking pristine care of my incisions and LOTs of patience, I am healing and starting to enjoy my new look! You can see the progression of my breast wound in my pics &it is healing nicely! I clean it twice a day with saline and apply bacitracin. I have no pain and stopped using narcotics at day 4post op. I now take Tylenol as needed. My PS told me to massage the indent and it should go away as my breasts drop and the swelling decreases..and it is slowly becoming less noticeable.

I also had smart lipo of my inner and outer thighs done on the same day. I am still experiencing mild bruising, soreness, and swelling especially after I work out and after work (I am an RN and work 12hrs on my feet). I have worn spanx the entire time, PS said a garment wasn't necessary. I can see the new shape and it is awesome, I just hope the swelling decreases some more!

Being that I have always been am active person, I started a workout regimen 6 days post op. I started walking slowly on the treadmill at 3.0mph and now I can jog at 6.0mph! It feels strange, but good! I do massages to my legs twice a day and my breast as much as possible throughout the day. I felt some hard spots on my inner thighs, but those are softening up more everyday with the massage.

This surgery has definitely tested my patience, but I never once regretted having it done. I would do it all over again, except i would not have the surgeries done at the same time! the breast implants were nothing, the pain was minimal and the swelling was bearable. The swelling and soreness that comes with lipo is the worst. I was 10lbs heavier than my pre op weight at my follow up appointment post op day 1. My abdomen was swollen, my private area was swollen, my legs were black and blue. I was very very uncomfortable, but I iced, elevated and massaged my legs religiously! My PS Dr. Pane was fantastic; very knowledgable, caring and gave me exactly what I asked for. I recommend him or any surgeon really at STRAX Rejuvenation in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The staff was amazing!

6 week update!

The girls look great! I can run and sprint on the treadmill now (with a very supportive bra!). There is still mild swelling on mg outer thighs, so I continue to wear my spanx at night. I also invested in a foam roller to help my thighs get a deeper stretch/massage. All of the hard spots from the lipo are gone and so is the indent I had on my left breast. My right breast is healing nicely, slowly, but it gets better each week. Check out the updated pictures.
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Very thorough, knowledgeable and has great bedside manner! I felt very comfortable with him from the initial consultation. He always answers all of my questions and continues to provide excellent care as I follow up with him. Thanks Dr. Pane!

Thank you for the review, you look great! I'm going to get a consultation with Dr Pane. I saw dr Hamm so far but he won't do silicone. Which is what I'm leaning towards.
Hi BethH! Thank you! The wound wasn't open, just scanned and I didn't have an infection (thank God) so no antibiotics. I just cleaned it twice a day with saline and put bacitracin on it. My PS said it could have been caused by the steri strips being too tight with the swelling. The wound is still healing..slowly..I will post more pictures after its 100% gone.
*scabbed not scanned lol

Congratulations! You look fantastic! I can't believe you weren't a little more panicked or upset by the open wound. Perhaps being a nurse, you knew this would heal with time. Did you take any oral antibiotics when the wound was open? Or did you just treat the affected area? Did your PS say what causes this type of common wound? Thank you for the tip on doing two separate surgeries...you did a lot! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf!

Thanks for sharing your story. Your incision on the right is healing nicely.