New Pics Posted 3 weeks post op

I am a happily married mother of 2. My son is 5...

I am a happily married mother of 2. My son is 5 and my daughter is 3. I had them 19 months apart with back to back c-sections. I am a curvy italian woman and have always been thick in the thighs and butt. However, after the preganacies and c-sections I have been left with a saggy extra skin lined stomach and love handles and basically feel as though I have a tube around my middle at all times. I feel so self conscious about my body and appearence that it has killed my self esteem. I have a wonderful husband and beautiful children and I need to be the confident strong woman they need me to be, and I need my self to be. My surgery is scheduled for 6/23/12 in Folsom, CA.

I am a month away from surgery and I fluxuate between being totally excited and on cloud nine, to wanting to call and cancel my surgery because I fear i'm not going to wake up from surgery because I am being vain. I also feel very guilty about spending this much money on myself. I am so thankful that I found this site and that all of you amazing women have poured your hearts and stories out for people like me to read. I know from reading all your stories that many of you have had these same thoughts and I am not going crazy!

I have lost a significant amount of weight since my last baby, but my body will never be the same, I just stretched my skin too far. I am 5'3 and weight between 155-165. I would like to get down another 10 pounds before surgery but the ps says it's not as big of a deal as I think.

I just took my before pics and broke down balling as I uploaded them for all of you to see. My god do I need this surgery! I will update again after my pre-op apt. Friday. I hope that I can help some woman out there contemplating fixing herself, as all of you have done for me.

Forgot to say that I am 31 years old.

Forgot to say that I am 31 years old.
I hear you about the excitement and wanting to cancel it. Mines not until oct 29th! So much tine to think about it. Your surgery was today hope it went well!
Opps your surgery is a month from today! Sorry
Go for it! I know the feeling of wanting to cancel and being unsure. You are so young and deserve to feel great in your body! I went through the same thing and worried like crazy and now I am 1 week post op and the big saggy tummy is a thing of my past! Hang in there and keep us all posted!

I had my pre-op apt on Friday. I paid all the...

I had my pre-op apt on Friday. I paid all the money (this is the most money I have ever spent on myself) and got all my prescriptions and instructions. It feels so real now, waiting the next month out is just going to be torture! Dr. Sumida really put me at ease about the surgery, it will be about 4 hours and he seems to think the worst part of the healing will be in the first week after surgery. He assures me that I will regain my confidence and that makes me so excited! My husband sat right by my side and was extremley supportive which I am very greatful for.

So for my prescriptions he gave me Vicodin, Robaxin and an antibiotic Keflex. I don't really like taking pain meds, I didn't take any with either of my c-sections and found that I healed quickly. He gave me an alternative prescription for Sprix Nasal Spray. It is a little pricey but provides effective pain relief without having to take vicodin which literally makes me throw up. Has anyone ever heard of this or used it??????

I have stopped all the negative thinking I was going through a few weeks ago and am just wanting to be on the other side of the surgery now. We planned a short family vacation for father's day weekend to Disneyland to make sure the kids get some fun in before I am healing. That should hopefully speed up the waiting process! Hope your all having a great holiday weekend!
You have lots of time to drive yourself crazy! I understand exactly what your feeling I decided I was going to do this back in January and have been waiting and thinking ever since! Lol I look forward to seeing your results! Thank you for the support ;)
That's nice you are going to Disneyland!
I looked at your profile and congrats to you! You look amazing! I can't wait to see how your healing continues to progress ;) thank you for your support!

So i'm 19 days away from the new me! On Sat I...

So i'm 19 days away from the new me! On Sat I started my body clean out. I'm doing fresh fruits and veggies with Chicken or fish and at least 128 ounces of lemon water a day. I have stopped putting sugar in my tea and am only drinking 2 cups of tea a day, down from probably at least 5-6. I have already lost 3.5 pounds in 2 days. I figure that I want to get these last 15 pounds off before surgery so I can come out of it looking great and weighing what I want too. I also want to keep up the very clean diet after surgery. So i'm basically developing some new habits for the new me! Hope all you fellow tummy tuckers are doing great! Can;t wait to be on the flat side soon!
ange! you're right we're very similar in body type. I've always been curvy but after two kids, you just can't tell anymore. They were also Csections but 22 months apart. I know I need the TT for sure and no amount of exercising or ab work will put things back even remotely close to how they used to be. I can look at my mother and confirm that. She is slender but has a huge belly flap with stretch marks that she's never been able to get rid of. So she tucks it into her pants. I know this will be me too if I don't do the TT. I'm identical to my mother in every way! I also have the irrational fears of not waking up after surgery. I think this is just our motherly instincts kicking in and not wanting to be away from our babies :) Just remind yourself of how happy you'll be after surgery! it might be considered vain but I know I'll be content after I get my surgeries. I'm so happy in every other area of my life , except for my postpartum body!
We are in this togther girl! Wishing you lots of good luck and positive thinking! This surgery will give us our confidence back! Can't wait to see your progress!
Great job with cleansing your body and losing weight!

Well I am 4 days away from the new me! I thought...

Well I am 4 days away from the new me! I thought that I was going to be feeling really nervous again, however I am actually really excited and just ready to get this surgery done! Just want to be onto the healing side! I am down about 10 pounds and have been keeping up with the clean eating but don't see how I am going to lose the last 5 pounds that I wanted to lose in 4 days!

The family and I spent last weekend in Disneyland and had a great trip with beautiful weather and the new car's land which my son and husband loved! That helped the last week to go by a little faster! I feel like time is just lagging on.

Going to go to the grocery store to stock the fridge for the family and going to spend the next few days cleaning house and getting all the laundry done. I'm almost there! I'll check in after surgery! Please wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts and prayers on Saturday!
ange! so excited for you!!!

Less then 12 hours from now I will be in surgery!...

Less then 12 hours from now I will be in surgery! I am so excited but also have a very nervous stomach.
My measurments:
Right under my belly is 38.5
top of my hips is 42.5
bottom of my hips is 43
left and right thighs at the fattest part is 26.5

Can't wait to see how these numbers change!

Wish me luck and send me good thoughts please!
Talk to you all soon. Anyone else having surgery tomorrow good luck and see you on the flatside!
Good luck! How exciting!!! I will be thinking of you!

Post op day 1 Made it through the surgery and I...

Post op day 1

Made it through the surgery and I am so very happy with my results. Feeling pretty good and everytime I look in the mirror or down at my stomach I am so incredibly happy! The happiness is helping me through the pain! Will update in more detail later as well as post some pictures. Dr. Sumida rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad it went well! I am looking forward to hearing how you are doing and seeing your progress! Happy healing!

Post op Day 2 Well I am really stiff and sore...

Post op Day 2

Well I am really stiff and sore today. I am also quite a bit more swollen. However I am still in love with my results!!!! I was only down 1 pound today despite the 4 pounds of skin and 3 liters of fat that was removed. I think I am just super swollen and have yet to have a bm. I am starting to get some tingling around my stomach and legs but think it is just my nerves waking up, which must mean that my body is healing. My husband and family have been awesome caretakers! I over slept a bit and was about an hour and a half behind on my meds this afternoon and boy could I feel that. I am however getting up and down to go the bathroom and in and out of bed all by myself. Overall even though the pain is tough, this was the best decision I have ever made for myself. I feel sexy and beautiful again. I will never be able to thank Dr. Sumida enough!
So happy things are going well!
Looking forward to an update, but I know it's so hard to do! Mine is in 3 weeks. I had lipo, implants, lift and fat injections in butt in April. I was supposed to get a TT but there were complications and he couldn't do it. So here I go again!!! You look awesome!!! Must be so nice to not have the stomach anymore!
You are looking good!!

Post Op Day 7 Wow a week really flew by! I got...

Post Op Day 7

Wow a week really flew by! I got my drain out yesterday and am really understanding the meaning of "swell hell!" I am feeling alot better and have weaned off the pain meds and antiobtics. Dr. Sumida was really happy with my healing and was able to see my scar for the first time. He also said that even though I was feeling better that I still need to take it very easy for the next few weeks. He said that the swelling will continue until around 4 months post op. I go back next Friday to have my stiches removed and then I won't have to see him again for a month. He also says I can expect to be much smaller when all is said and done. This just seems crazy since I already feel so small and am so happy with my results. My first shower last night was awesome and I spent an hour just letting the water run down my back. I followed that up with my first sex since surgery which was also great!!!!! Then slept with my normal pillows and normal bed spot and slept for 10 hours!

I am out of bed all day now and am around my house and up and down the stairs with more ease. I was able to go downstairs this morning, change over the dishwasher, do and fold 2 loads of laundry and run a few errands with my family. Then my tummy puffed up and has been that way ever since despite my efforts to lay down and apply ice packs. For whatever reasons my ribs are very sore today and i think the swelling is really just pushing my new tight skin out and hurting.

I walked past my closet this morning and this dress was just calling to me. I pulled it out and it is a brand new J. Crew size 8 dress that has never fit. I thought well see there's no way this is gonna fit. Pulled it right on and it looked great! No overhanging belly no back or side roll OMG!!!! Amazing. I followed the dress with a bikini that also was beautiful and made my husband all over me, which was really nice! I feel like this was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself and my self esteem and can't even believe that I am still not even all the way to end result yet! The pain was similar to my c section pain and the worst part was the lipo, that really hurt! But would I do it all again in a second, hell yes I would! To all you ladies having surgery this week, hang in there, get through the first week and you will be so glad you did! To everyone else, Happy Healing!

I will post some new pics soon! And btw...I am down 11 pounds!
ange looks like you're doing great! can't wait to see more pics!
Dr. Sumida

Dr. Sumida is an artist. He sculpted my body into exactly what I wanted. His staff is wonderful and he has really changed my life! Not only did he flatten my tummy and remove the inner tube around my middle but free of charge he also fixed the dimples on my outer thighs and made my butt perfectly round. My body looks better then it did before kids and I am still in "swell hell" so the final result is still going to be even more amazing! If you live in California and are thinking of having any plastic surgery, Dr. Ken Sumida is the best and ONLY decision! One appointment with him and you will see. He is passionate about his patients and is just plain THE BEST! He also called to check on me as well as sent a beautiful flowers home with me. I am very impressed!