44 Years Old Breast Cancer Survior - Folsom, CA

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in June of 2013...

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in June of 2013 and had to have both breasts removed I went in to see Dr. Mabourakh and decided to have breast reconstruction it was the best decision that I made. I am grateful that I found an amazing doctor to do the procedure. This procedure was broken up into 3 parts the first part was having the expanders put in. I then had to have those expanders filled once a week for 6 weeks then 5 months after surgery part 2 was done and that was having the expanders removed and the implants put in. Part 3 will happen in 4 to 5 months with the nipple reconstruction will be done. This is a year long process and I am grateful that it is a year long process due to the fact that my emotions needed the break in between each procedure to be able to process everything and that time was also needed for my body to get the down time that it so badly needs.

Good luck on your journey. He is pretty amazing!
Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Glad you are now cancer free and have made it through the exhausting part of your reconstruction. Did your doctor do any type of flap surgery for reconstruction? Do you know where you will have skin grafted from for the nipple reconstruction? Keep us posted as you continue to heal!
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mabourakh is kind compassionate and extremely concerned about his patients. The office staff is just as concerned about the patients calling to make sure that you are doing well after surgery.