Botox for 11's (Between Eyebrows) and Smile Lines Around Eyes - Folsom, CA

I am 44. Lately I had been noticing when I caught...

I am 44. Lately I had been noticing when I caught my reflection somewhere that I looked concerned or even angry, when I was not. My kids started asking, "What's wrong?" and I'd think, hmm... maybe it's time. However, I am not one who wears a lot of makeup or even looks in the mirror much, and I didn't want to get that artificial look.

But I figured heck, it's temporary, why not try it, and I'm so glad I did. My doctor advised 10 vials in each "11" line, so a total of 20. On the spur of the moment I decided to do 4 vials on each side of my eyes for smile lines. The doc did not talk me into it, I was just feeling wild :) She took some photos beforehand and gently pointed out that one of my eyebrows was slightly higher than the other. She said she told me this in case I didn't already know it (I didn't) so that later, when I'd be staring at my forehead every day, I wouldn't suddenly notice it and think it was the Botox's fault!

The shots felt a little stingy, nothing major. I had some red welts but they were gone within an hour or so. I didn't see the effects for a few days. I first noticed when I tried to sneeze and realized my face couldn't make the sneeze face anymore! Eventually when the full effect kicked in, I was very happy. Nothing looked fake; I just didn't look mad anymore. I could still make an angry face if I wanted to but I had to try harder.

All the smile lines around my eyes went away which was astounding. However, now when I smile I feel like my skin bags up other places, like my face is trying to find new places to fold since it can't fold there anymore. I think next time I'll get the Botox in my forehead again but hold off on the eyes and see how I like that.

Overall, worth it.
Dr. Celia Remy

Dr. Remy was professional, knowledgeable, and took her time with me. She explained other treatments when I asked about them but in no way pushed them on me.

So glad you love your results!  Definitely keep us posted as to how long the Botox lasts for you.  That is so funny about the sneeze face, ha ha.