2 Days Until Lipoabdominalplasty - Florida

Surgery date is Thursday September 16, 2010 at...

Surgery date is Thursday September 16, 2010 at 7:30 am. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I have 2 children 6 and 4 years of age. I had C-sections with both and was left with terrible stretch marks. Although I am 15 pounds heavier than my ideal weight I work out 3-5 times a week for 1-2 hours but cannot lose the mid-section! I gave it my all with minimal results so I decided to go ahead with the Tummy Tuck. I'm not expecting a miracle. I expect some stretch marks may be left behind, but all I really want to be able to do is button my size 10 jeans and not have a muffin top! I'm 5'9 and 180 and very comfortable with my body otherwise. I'm so thankful for this website. Your stories helped me feel confident in my decision and its been a great tool to share with my husband and sisters, they know what they can expect during my recovery. Thanks Realself friends!

UPDATE COMING SOON!

UPDATE COMING SOON!

24 hours post-op, feel pretty great right now. Had...

24 hours post-op, feel pretty great right now. Had a shower and that really helped the cramping in my low back. The most painful part so far has been the upper abs where the sutures were placed. I have some swelling and bruising but overall I'm ecstatic about the results so far!

Long healing process!

long healing process!

Feeling great this evening. I've gone without...

Feeling great this evening. I've gone without pain meds since last night. Tylenol is all I've taken to help with the low grade fever. I just had the Dr call in a muscle relaxer for the back spasms. I actually feel like I am standing more upright already. It was a long day of tv watching but I can feel and see the progress so I'm super excited. I couldn't fathom the idea of not needing pain meds 2 days ago. What a difference a day makes, and with this surgery what a difference a few hours makes. This healing process has been a major roller coaster!! Another day of R&R tomorrow, then follow-up on Thursday with my PS. Maybe the navel sutures and drain will come out!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. I had my drain...

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. I had my drain removed on Day 5. I had a follow-up yesterday and had about 100cc's of fluid removed. 40 from one side 60 from the other. My doctor says this fluid collection is a very common occurence after a TT. I noticed the fluid "wave" has returned again today, so I'm headed back to have it aspirated again. I really hope this is not a chronic problem. Feeling kind of depressed about it, I know it's the least of the possible complications that could occur but I'm just ready to be back to normal!! I have to keep reminding myself what a major surgery this was and try to be patient.. it's tough!

18 days post-op. I went back to work yesterday and...

18 days post-op. I went back to work yesterday and tried to stay on light duty. I was pretty worn out by the 6th hour so I headed home. My belly was swollen and tight and still is this morning. I had another 15 mls aspirated yesterday morning, and hope that will be the last of the seroma business. I've had them drained 4 times! It's pretty painless since I'm still very numb in that area. I'm loving the results even though I'm still swollen!! and the best part I'm down 10 pounds!! My incision is healing nicely and I started applying scar gel yestereday per my Dr's suggestion. I am still wearing the binder until I'm sure the seromas are gone for good.

I ended up not going with the pain pump afterall....

I ended up not going with the pain pump afterall. I was so numb afterwards that I do not think it would have been any help at all! The only pain I felt immediate post-op was the upper ab sutures, just below the breast bone. I doubt the pain pump would have helped this area anyway due to the location. So my advice, pain pump is probably not necessary!

8 months post op wish I had better news but still...

8 months post op wish I had better news but still have abscess reactions to permanent sutures. 2 in the past month. I am still packing wounds and changing bandages. But on the bright side I still love the flat stomach and have no pain since I have no feeling below the incision. My surgeon is not sure why this is happening but he has been great and hopefully this will end soon so I can get back to "normal".

Wonderful experience so far. He met with me for for my consultation then again to meet with my husband. He has been available for every question and concern and he even offered his personal email address for inquiries. Love him so far! He has a wonderful reputation in the community as a surgeon and person.

Would you mind telling the name or your dr
Dr. Fee
What is your dr name please?
Hey Kim, it's been a while! The drain site was not healing because of the problem I had with he sutures. My body would not heal around it. Cellulitis can affect any open sore, even a small scratch. It's basically just a bacterial skin infection that spreads quickly. It's red, hot and inflammed. I had 10 days of antibiotics. The redness started to fade after 2 doses. Left untreated they can become very severe and resist antibiotics.

Hey Girl..so good to hear from you!  Missed you :) I am glad you are doing better and have had good results after all this.  WOW what a ride you have had!!

How is the swelling coming along for you?  I can't believe it has been three months already.  God where does the time go??

So are you already for Christmas?   I am now 8 months post OP and not sure where that time has gone.  It is crazy..
hey friend! Yes we are all ready for Christmas! I know the 3 months has flown by! It has been an interesting and long journey. The swelling has improved a great deal. It doesn't bother me everyday, just if I try to drink a soda, if I have PMS, or if I'm dehydrated. I am so thankful that has subsided, it was miserable! I think this drain wound will finally be closed in the next week or two. He had to open it up and debride it just after my trip for Thanksgiving (it drained horribly the entire trip!) It really healed quickly once the sutures were removed. (the big thick black ones were a problem there). Once I'm totally out of the woods and all closed up I'll post some pics. Honestly it got too upsetting to get on here and rehash everything. I was trying to not dwell on the situation too much! Merry Christmas, I'll look you up on fb!
Hey there. How is your result so far?? I am due for my TT on April 4 and OMG I am sooo scared. Cant believe I'm really gonna do this. I was just curious . . . did you have a pain pump post op? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated ! When did the doc remove the drains? Your pics look awsome !
Hey, thanks I am 5 months post-op this week. I am thrilled with my results. I had several post-op complications as you can see from my previous posts, but overall my results were worth every bit of trouble. My scar is ugly as you can see from the last picture, but fading more and more everyday and not as ugly as the fat and stretch marks I had pre-op! I love getting dressed everyday now and can't wait to get in my bikini this summer. It's totally natural to feel scared and anxious. I had crazy dreams and many sleepless nights wondering if I had made the right decision. I had an amazing support team that encouraged me throughout the process, this website was very helpful too! It took me a little longer to heal than expected but I'm finally back to my normal workouts and even doing ab workouts too. My best advice is to set reasonable expectations for your results and you won't be disappointed. Recovery takes time and there are many ups and downs as you will find. I did not get the pain pump and I don't think I would have felt it if I had. I was numb from below my chest to my hips (from the liposuction). If you are not having lipo you may want to consider it, but from all of the people I've talked to it is not worth the extra money and it's just one more area that can get infected! I had my drain removed after one week and I did have seromas and a non healing drain site that had to be opened up and debrided at 4 months... I also had spitting sutures and cellulitis but, still worth it! My Doctor was fantastic, I required about 30-40 post-op visits. I know CRAZY!! but I got through it all and I'm very happy.
Wow, girl that's a lot of visits LOL ! I'm glad your happy with your results. I wish you all the best.
Thanks for your concern, I've been off of here te last several weeks. Luckily the cellulitis cleared within 2 days of antibiotics. It was not MRSA thankfully!! I was concerned about that because I am a nurse and exposed to it on a daily basis. I am now 3 months 1 week post op. My drain wound has about 2 weeks left before it closes fully. I still pack it with normal saline soaked gauze and occasional dakins solution if it starts to look funny. This was more than I bargained for but I can say all in all it was still worth it!! Crazy, I know!! My doctor was fantastic and supported me every step of this difficult recovery. Would I recommend this surgery? Yes!! I'd just say have realistic expectations and don't anticipate a textbook recovery :) I'd do it all again!
Oh god. I can't imagine. Mines has come out quite well- the lack of sleep and discomfort of it all were my only complaints past day 5 and up to about a week ago. I feel so sorry for you but my scar isn't looking great either and I've probably gained like 10 pounds- afraid to get on the scale. I had a Pilonidal (tailbone) Cyst on two occasions, the most painful thing ever so I sympathize. You're lucky that you are numb and hopefully this will resove itself or will be resolved soon. I wish you the best. I would be updating my review but for certain issues I haven't yet. I'll let you gals know when I do. Hope things turn out better and like you say at least you are at close distance to you surgeon. Keep your head up as it will all eventually be over and it will be nothing but a bad memory.
hey! how are things going with you? I'm still spitting the sutures, my side looks like a jack-o-lantern right now, I'm going every other day for more suture removal, it is coming out gradually. It started in one small area and spread all the way down my right side. I am packing 2 incisions about 1/2 deep and 1/2 wide with gauze a few times a day. Not what I thought I'd be doing 8 weeks post-op. I've gained back about 4 pounds of the 10 I initially lost. I think it must of been from not eating much those first weeks. I couldn't handle much food at first due to the tightness. I'm starting light exercise but can't push it too hard with these incisions open. My PS is so nice and so helpful. He was singing my name when he came into the room today. He says this happens often, but with all types of sutures. It's just a major pain to deal with. He pulled out a 2" suture today so progress is being made! How are your cysts? Ouch!! I've had those before!

I am sorry you are going through all of this.  It has got to get better and soon!!   You have definitely done everything right so that is not the problem.  Hang in there and keep your chin up.  Just think of how wonderful you will look for that spring bikini :)  Keep me up to date.
so let's see, seroma.. spitting sutures (lots of them) and now 2 months post op with non-healing drain wound (mind you drain was removed 5 days post op) and today.... nasty case of cellulitis all over my belly! I am so frustrated, depressed, and regretful right now. I'm suppose to go to California on Tuesday and I'm worried I won't be better in time. This sucks!!

Hi Sicily - I feel just terrible for you.  I am shocked that all of this is happening to you.  It just is not right and really stinks.   What can they do for the cellulitis?  I have not heard of anyone getting this after the TT procedure..and what causes this??
I hope you are doing better. It sounds to me like you have picked up an MRSA (basically antibiotic resistant staph) infection. The redness and swelling spreading should have prompted your physician to test you for this. Cellulitis is common with MRSA. I have experienced it and it is terribly painful. A test sent for culture will let your doctor know what medication will treat the Infection. MRSA is more common than most realize and can have horrible outcomes. I've been following your story because I am scheduled for a TT in January but have been worried because I suffered through an MRSA infection with cellulitis on my back in 2008. I was on antibiotics for over a month. Once you've had MRSA, it is common to become colonized. A lot of doctors are now requiring a nasal swab to test for colonization of this type of staph prior to surgery. Unfortunately, my test came back today showing that I am indeed colonized although I don't have an active infection this places me at higher risk for acquiring the infection or passing it along to someone else. If you have ever had a boil, abcess, sty, or other type of inflamed skin infection, it is very possible that you had staph. Nearly everyone carries the staph bacteria in their nostrils and skin, but it is the Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus auras (MRSA) that is so dangerous. I am now afraid to proceed with my surgery, but have been told I can be de-colonized by taking a round of antibiotics and using an ointment in your nose called Bactroban.

I honestly do hope that you are ok, it has been a while since you posted! If I had seen your story before a couple of weeks ago, I would have posted before now in hope that it would help.
Hey Kim, thanks as always for your kind words. I really am so surprised that I've had these complications. I knew the risks going in to the surgery but I was more worried about the big ones like a blood clot or infection. I thought I'd be totally in the clear by now. It seems like the irritated area is spreading. It started over one unhealed area. Now it's popping up in what I thought were healed areas. My ps is not overly concerned, he's very nice and doesn't mind seeing me in his office... All the time... But I'm just wondering how much worse will it get before it's better!! Just needed to vent! Thanks for the support!!
I just noticed your new picture. Just look at that tiny and curvy little body!! You look amazing :) You are down ten pounds..WOW how did you manage that?
I have no idea! I did not check the scale at home because I knew I had a lot of swelling and didn't want to be disappointed, but at my follow-up the other day they weighed me and there it was!! I am still happily surprised. I ate very healthy during my recovery, but not really any different than pre-surgery. I think I was eating less because my belly was so tight! I've got my appetite back now, but gonna try my best to keep clean eating, especially since I can't work out just yet! I'm very happy with the new curves :) thanks for the compliment! Swelling is down a bit today, Hooray! But the day is young!
o yes and he sucked out 4 pounds just in the belly lipo! that's not including the fat that was cut out or the skin! amazing!!
10 pounds- right! Whats your secret? Lol. I'm down two, though I have not been eating healthy or limited at all for like four days thats something I'm going to have to regain but being locked in doors and inactive its not easy. I have post op appt. two today and think I will be out with ease thereafter.
That is awesome! They way I figure it is I don't care how it goes...just as long as it does go! Enjoy that.
so I'll be 6 weeks post-op Thursday. Thanks God my PS office is right across the street from my work because I've been there like 12 times since surgery. 5 days in a row to have my seroma drained, and most recently to have my incision picked apart for suture "spitting". what looked like a funky infection, and got me placed on 7 days of Bactrum at 5 weeks post op really turned out to be inflammation of sutures which is now an abscess under a good 2 inches of my incision. It is not painful, only because I'm still numb in this area. It's just a pain because I'm worried it will turn into infection and it seems to get worse each day instead of better. What I thought was going to be a nice small scar right now looks very frankensteinish. Besides the ugliness of the suture rejection I love the shape, the swelling is still a bummer but I'm walking fully upright and my energy is back to normal. I have not started back to spin yet because I'm afraid I'll make the abscess worse. I really hope I can get back to my routine before the holidays, otherwise I'm sure I'll gain some Holiday weight. No thanks!!

Oh girl hang in there!  You sure have had a hard time.  I popped a few stitches but it sounds like you are really blowing them out.   Isn't't it funny how the body pushes things out that don't really belong.

Don't get frustrated with the scar because it will heal and smooth out with a little work.  I know it seems like you have been going through this forever but it will be done before you know it.
My drains are out and I'm going back to work this week. Still have swelling in the late afternoon ,that sucks. Over all I am doing well and am pleased with my results.