2 Days Until Lipoabdominalplasty - Florida

Surgery date is Thursday September 16, 2010 at...

Surgery date is Thursday September 16, 2010 at 7:30 am. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I have 2 children 6 and 4 years of age. I had C-sections with both and was left with terrible stretch marks. Although I am 15 pounds heavier than my ideal weight I work out 3-5 times a week for 1-2 hours but cannot lose the mid-section! I gave it my all with minimal results so I decided to go ahead with the Tummy Tuck. I'm not expecting a miracle. I expect some stretch marks may be left behind, but all I really want to be able to do is button my size 10 jeans and not have a muffin top! I'm 5'9 and 180 and very comfortable with my body otherwise. I'm so thankful for this website. Your stories helped me feel confident in my decision and its been a great tool to share with my husband and sisters, they know what they can expect during my recovery. Thanks Realself friends!

UPDATE COMING SOON!

UPDATE COMING SOON!

I survived!! Just ignore the spelling as I've just been home for 3 hours. I feel like I got run over by a truck just over my upper abs. No other pain besides that. I don't think I have had much relief yet for that pain, but I've fallen asleep a few times. My Doc says everything went just as planned so I'm thrilled that part is over! This is my second walk through the house. Now back to bed!! Keep you all posted!
Yeah, I had to come in to check on you. Thats great. Keep us posted. :)
Hey Girl!! Well tomorrow is the big day! Thinking about you and can't wait to see your results! You will do wonderful and be back up and running before you know it! Try to get some sleep tonight...though I know it will be hard! Write as soon as you are able; I will be anxiously waiting to hear from you!

24 hours post-op, feel pretty great right now. Had...

24 hours post-op, feel pretty great right now. Had a shower and that really helped the cramping in my low back. The most painful part so far has been the upper abs where the sutures were placed. I have some swelling and bruising but overall I'm ecstatic about the results so far!

Your before and after pictures are amazing!!! Your doctor did an excellent job.
My pain was the same after surgery. The pain never let up, no matter how much meds I had. I hope you feel better soon. I see you have a pic from Sicily! That is where my pic is from too. Are you living there right now?
Hey, we lived there 2004-2006. Funny your profile pic is from there too! It's been a long weekend. Ups and downs. Back spasms seem to be my biggest problem along with an occasional low grade fever. Ive been in touch with my dr and even sent him pics of my bruising just to get his opinion. I thought that was above and beyond great service. Ive also had the support of a great realself friend thanks kimmers!! I felt well enough today to sit out in the sun and walk a bit in the yard. It's all caught up with me tonight so I'm just snuggling my babies now! Hope to have more progress to report tomorrow.

Long healing process!

long healing process!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Feeling great this evening. I've gone without...

Feeling great this evening. I've gone without pain meds since last night. Tylenol is all I've taken to help with the low grade fever. I just had the Dr call in a muscle relaxer for the back spasms. I actually feel like I am standing more upright already. It was a long day of tv watching but I can feel and see the progress so I'm super excited. I couldn't fathom the idea of not needing pain meds 2 days ago. What a difference a day makes, and with this surgery what a difference a few hours makes. This healing process has been a major roller coaster!! Another day of R&R tomorrow, then follow-up on Thursday with my PS. Maybe the navel sutures and drain will come out!

you should be one day behind me past surgery. today was the first good morning 4 me. hopefully you r there or close behind. keep us posted.
Day6 feeling great, slept through the night on my bed3 pillows behind my head and 2 under my legs and one on each side of me! My fevers have stopped completely. I was able to walk around the yard last night. My son was thrilled that mommy was standing up straight!! The flexaril really helps my back! If your dr doesn't offer you a muscle relaxer I'd recommend asking for one. Drainage is to a minimum and bruising looks a bit better today!!
You look awesome! My surgery is tomorrow. I too am a nurse....wish I was 6 days post-op :)

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. I had my drain...

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. I had my drain removed on Day 5. I had a follow-up yesterday and had about 100cc's of fluid removed. 40 from one side 60 from the other. My doctor says this fluid collection is a very common occurence after a TT. I noticed the fluid "wave" has returned again today, so I'm headed back to have it aspirated again. I really hope this is not a chronic problem. Feeling kind of depressed about it, I know it's the least of the possible complications that could occur but I'm just ready to be back to normal!! I have to keep reminding myself what a major surgery this was and try to be patient.. it's tough!

My drains are out and I'm going back to work this week. Still have swelling in the late afternoon ,that sucks. Over all I am doing well and am pleased with my results.
Ah. Let us know how its progressing. :(
Sweetie, Are you still doing well? How's that cough? Gone I hope! Yes it is a process and I'm proud of us! I'm glad we are this far along in the recovery process. Still saying a prayer for you that you are stonger every day and without a cough.

18 days post-op. I went back to work yesterday and...

18 days post-op. I went back to work yesterday and tried to stay on light duty. I was pretty worn out by the 6th hour so I headed home. My belly was swollen and tight and still is this morning. I had another 15 mls aspirated yesterday morning, and hope that will be the last of the seroma business. I've had them drained 4 times! It's pretty painless since I'm still very numb in that area. I'm loving the results even though I'm still swollen!! and the best part I'm down 10 pounds!! My incision is healing nicely and I started applying scar gel yestereday per my Dr's suggestion. I am still wearing the binder until I'm sure the seromas are gone for good.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I ended up not going with the pain pump afterall....

I ended up not going with the pain pump afterall. I was so numb afterwards that I do not think it would have been any help at all! The only pain I felt immediate post-op was the upper ab sutures, just below the breast bone. I doubt the pain pump would have helped this area anyway due to the location. So my advice, pain pump is probably not necessary!

Hey Kim, it's been a while! The drain site was not healing because of the problem I had with he sutures. My body would not heal around it. Cellulitis can affect any open sore, even a small scratch. It's basically just a bacterial skin infection that spreads quickly. It's red, hot and inflammed. I had 10 days of antibiotics. The redness started to fade after 2 doses. Left untreated they can become very severe and resist antibiotics.

Hey Girl..so good to hear from you!  Missed you :) I am glad you are doing better and have had good results after all this.  WOW what a ride you have had!!

How is the swelling coming along for you?  I can't believe it has been three months already.  God where does the time go??

So are you already for Christmas?   I am now 8 months post OP and not sure where that time has gone.  It is crazy..
hey friend! Yes we are all ready for Christmas! I know the 3 months has flown by! It has been an interesting and long journey. The swelling has improved a great deal. It doesn't bother me everyday, just if I try to drink a soda, if I have PMS, or if I'm dehydrated. I am so thankful that has subsided, it was miserable! I think this drain wound will finally be closed in the next week or two. He had to open it up and debride it just after my trip for Thanksgiving (it drained horribly the entire trip!) It really healed quickly once the sutures were removed. (the big thick black ones were a problem there). Once I'm totally out of the woods and all closed up I'll post some pics. Honestly it got too upsetting to get on here and rehash everything. I was trying to not dwell on the situation too much! Merry Christmas, I'll look you up on fb!

8 months post op wish I had better news but still...

8 months post op wish I had better news but still have abscess reactions to permanent sutures. 2 in the past month. I am still packing wounds and changing bandages. But on the bright side I still love the flat stomach and have no pain since I have no feeling below the incision. My surgeon is not sure why this is happening but he has been great and hopefully this will end soon so I can get back to "normal".

Would you mind telling the name or your dr
Dr. Fee
What is your dr name please?

Wonderful experience so far. He met with me for for my consultation then again to meet with my husband. He has been available for every question and concern and he even offered his personal email address for inquiries. Love him so far! He has a wonderful reputation in the community as a surgeon and person.