Bleeding Accured After Punch Excision - Florida

Right after my punch excision my sutures were...

Right after my punch excision my sutures were secured with steri-strip and lots of bandages. Except when I got home I vomited really badly. I guess the procedure upset my stomach. They just used numbing creme during my procedure. My question is could the sutures come undone? I bled a lot through the bandages but the bleeding eventually stopped as soon as I elevated my head. My surgeon was confident that it wasn't due to the bandages and steri-strips. Now that the sutures have been removed my scars look like large craters and worst then pretreatment. Could it be as a result of my bleeding and pressure due to vomiting?

So it's been 2 weeks so far. It's been a...

So it's been 2 weeks so far. It's been a slow progress!!! Using scar zone and other natural remedies like aloe, honey and olive oil to soothe the area. Although the redness disappeared I still see medium size pits. I am starting to wonder if I should have even gone there to begin with. It's been complete torture and I wish I would have stayed with what I had (which wasn't so bad to begin with). But I am remaining hopeful and praying that all will be well. This time I attached pix from right after the excision and post 2 weeks. For those who are considering excisions don't do it. It's not worth the agony and emotional roller coaster.

No rating yet. Still awaiting good results

Thx Britt
I did go back to the doctor. He said they looked good except two were a bit skeptical but nothing he can't fix later on. But it's too soon to tell. Apparently the healing process takes about 3 months. I wish I would have known that from the get go. I would mentally prepared myself better. He also added that it always looks worst after the sutures come out but the end results are going to be better then pretreatment. I only hope that i did not mess it up. I used a scrub to clean my face because I was so freaked out. I will keep you updated!

Hi Coco,

I feel you. I need to be mentally prepared for things and if I'm not I freak out. I'm glad the doctor gave you some piece of mind please keep us updated as the healing progresses.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

-Britt

Hi Coco,

Wow that sounds intense. I'm not sure if that could be why or if maybe the just need a bit more time to heal. I would maybe go back to the doctor and see. Keep us updated.

Thanks so much,