Obagi Blue Peel, 2 Layers Applied - Florida, FL

Hi. I had an Obagi Blue Peel done today. I had my...

Hi. I had an Obagi Blue Peel done today. I had my skin prepped before the peel, and my doctor made sure I used the Nu Derm System, and I also stopped any usage of the system 5 days before the Blue Peel.

However, my main skin problem was hyper pigmentation marks left from acne, and some melasma that was starting to develop while on birth control, but i stopped the birth control immediately as i started to notice the melasma.

The Obagi system already did some great things for my skin, and helped prep and made my skin smoother, but the hyper pigmentation was still there, so for this, I wanted to go ahead, and help further the process of my skin by doing this peel.

I had the peel done today, and oh boy did it burn. I had a TCA peel done 7 years ago, with good results, but opted for the blue peel, because i enjoy the obagi products, and also like how the TCA is mixed with the blue tint, so the doctor knows if the peel was applied evenly. But being so many years ago, I totally forgot how bad it burned.

However, I had 2 layers applied. She asked if I wanted the third layer, but it burned so much, I was too afraid to have the 3rd. She said i frosted very nicely, and feels I will get a good peel from this. But I am reading online now, that with a 3rd layer, you peel even more, and the results are even greater.

Just, my concern is, should I have gone for the third layer, and not have chickened out? I paid so much, so I hope that the 2 layers were enough. But I am also being very impatient, as this is the first day, and the days of the peeling are yet to come.

Any advice would be great, especially if you have had this peel done before.

Update:   It is the 4th day...

Update:

It is the 4th day now, and only some parts of my skin are dark and leathery like, and the other parts are normal, and my forehead never even got pick, nor do i think it is going to peel. I can't understand what went wrong, and i'm afraid when i start peeling, and all the skin comes off, that my skin is going to be very uneven. I wish i never did this blue peel, and went to do the same peel i did 7 years ago, because I had peeled so nicely with it, so i didn't get any applied around the eyes, so i didn't like how the skin under the eyes didn't look so refreshed as the rest of the skin, but i should of just went back to the same doctor. I spent so much money.

Today is day 5, and i almost peeled around...

Today is day 5, and i almost peeled around my chin area. The new skin looks nothing different then before. I still have the light freckles I was hoping to get rid of. As doing a search online, my Doctor applied only 15%. Although, she applied 2 layers, I do not think 15% is strong enough, and have read, that 15% won't really give you a good peel. She says, that with the two layers, it is like a 20% peel. I disagree. Also, I don't think an obagi blue peel is any better then a TCA Peel with the tint. I actually think the blue tint, weakens the chemical.

I should of just gotten a tca peel, and went to the same doctor that did it the first time. I did not even peel on my forehead, and do not believe I will even peel. I would not recommend this peel, unless you get a stronger percentage. It will only work if its a stronger percentage.

I spent so much money, with the peel, and the Obagi Nu-Derm system, that I can not afford to have another peel for a long time, otherwise, I would wait 6 weeks, and get the TCA peel from my original doctor.

Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 11 Feb 2011:

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in