Buttock Lift Disaster - Florida

I had a buttock/thigh lift initially performed in...

I had a buttock/thigh lift initially performed in late 2010 in the North Florida area. As you can see from the pictures, it was a less than favorable experience. It is still unclear to me how a triangular-shaped rh glute was achieved. Two more staged, corrective procedures & $30,000 later (with a new surgeon), I can now say I am very happy with the results. I have learned a valuable lesson...believe completely in your instincts. Run, if they say run. Not all surgeons can do it all...in fact, few can. Clearly, this surgeon was out of his element. If he was uncomfortable performing this procedure, the right thing to do would have been that of referring me elsewhere. Period. Initial cost @ approximately $6,000.00...revisional costs @ approximately $25,000.00.

I had a buttock/thigh lift initially with Dr. Ben...

I had a buttock/thigh lift initially with Dr. Ben Kirbo. It was a less than favorable experience. It is still unclear to me how a triangular-shaped rh glute was achieved. Two more staged, corrective procedures & $30,000 later (with a new surgeon), I can now say I am very happy with the results. I have learned a valuable lesson...believe completely in your instincts. Run, if they say run. Not all surgeons can do it all...in fact, few can. This surgeon was out of his element. If he was uncomfortable performing this procedure, the right thing to do would have been that of referring me elsewhere. Period. Initial cost @ approximately $6,000.00...revisional costs @ approximately $25,000.00.
Tallahassee Plastic Surgeon

This was a horrible experience that has taken almost 2 years to fully repair.

I will be have my surgery one week from today. keep me in your prayers. God Bless Evie
Also I fell you are a very brave lady to tell us the truth about this Dr. I thank God for you. God Bless Evie
I am so sorry that this happen to you, but I do thank you for sharing this with us. A person would think the Dr. would have enough respect for you and himself to referred you to a experienced surgeon that knew how to preform with knowledge a butt lift. Looks like to me that Dr would of had to pay for your correction or sued. I am thankful you have finally have your nice butt lift now. God Bless Evie
thank you soooooo much for sharing and being SO HONEST WITH US ABOUT YOUR RESULTS not everyone is willing to share when they are less than happy with the outcome sending you uplifting prayers... god bless

Sorry for all you had to go through. Who did the successful corrective surgery?

What did the Dr. Kirbo say regarding the results from his surgery? Also, did you ask him for a whole or part refund given the bad results?
I did ask for a refund. He ignored me.
When I saw him during the one year visit he had an intern in with him, so I was very careful not to sound strident or crazy. I used the words “with all due respect, Dr.” and pointed out that one side of my face still remained more swollen than the other. His reply was to say that it was normal for a person to have one side of their body a different size than the other. I asked him for a partial refund because I did not get the results he had indicated, particularly in my eye area. He offered to do another Temporal Brow Lift (lifts the outer 1/8 of your brows) for me instead, charging me only the fee for use of the facility (I didn't do that.) He also again suggested Botox. I said that I wished he had told me during the initial meeting he couldn’t do what I asked (get rid of that sagging between my brows), that I wouldn’t have had the brow-lift. He didn’t say anything. I told him, nicely, that I thought fat injections complicated healing time too much, and that the injections in my cheeks had settled so that now my eyes look more hollow than before. His reply was that fat injections were now considered "state of the art" in plastic surgery. I told him that I had a friend who went to a Dr in Destin and he told her he didn't do fat injections because they didn't produce good results. He said that he didn't know that Dr but that many Drs used them. Finally, I told him that I thought that he underemphasized the facelift part of the procedure and overemphasized the fat injections. And I told him that NOT ONE PERSON had commented that I looked better, refreshed, or noted any kind of a difference (other than asking me if I was on steriods!) I was talking to one of my friends about the plastic surgery (I thought I had told him) and he said "what surgery?" And "what did they do"? That about sums it up. I didn't get into an argument with him. I didn't push the refund after asking him once. It wouldn't have done any good. I'd like to state once again that I don't think Dr Kirbo is a bad DR. He was voted Tallahassee's Best Surgeon and therefore he must do some beautiful work. I just think he probably does a lot of minor procedures, such as skin cancer removal, and not a whole lot of intensive procedures such as face-lifts. For one thing, Tallahassee is a small city yet we have three good size plastic surgery practices here, with large practices also nearby in Destin and Thomasville. I asked his nurse at a follow-up appt if he did a lot of face lifts and she said "yes, two or three per month." To me, 24 to 36 per year is NOT a lot of a face lifts. It's also possible she over-estimated the number that he does:) My mom's facelift back in the 90's gave her many years of enjoyment. I learned from her that whatever makes you feel better about yourself, go for it. Good luck to you in finding the very best surgeon possible for your procedure.
Sorry, this shouldn't have been posted here! I did it via my email and didn't realize where it was going....please ignore!
you look great! can you tell me who did your revision and what was done. it’s hard to tell from the photos if there are incisions are where exactly they are and if fat transfer was used. i need to have a revision from a lift as well so i am happy to see that you got such a good result.
Please e-mail me directly at buddyboo1962@yahoo.com for more information. No fat transfer was used as I had little spare fat. I would whole heartedly recommend the surgeon who did the revisions. He is not too far off from retirement so I wouldn't wait too long.
hi, you look great. how did they correct you? and who is your revision surgeon. natalie