Breast Augmentation: StoriesWrite a Review
Anxious and Dreaming - Florida, FL
- Not Sure
- Cost: $5,000
- Florida, FL
I'm 22 years old, married and I don't have any...
- 27 Nov 2012
I'm 22 years old, married and I don't have any kids yet.
I don't think I'm ugly, but like every woman out there, there are a few things I'd like to improve on. One of them is the chest. Since I was younger, I had high expectations for what I would look like. (I know it may sound shallow to some but this is a plastic surgery/procedures forum, for crying out loud. That means that I can finally share without judgment being thrown my way. *hopefully*)
I come from a family of slim/median weight women with nice, feminine frames. I think I got my father's genes mostly: thin, tall, subtle curves. Currently, I weigh 109, I am 5.6" and a 34A. My breasts are perky and somewhat uniform in size.
Here are my reasons for having the implants done:
- I would like to feel more confident. I am outgoing and bubbly, but...I don't know. Though I don't think I'm ugly, the chest is always an issue for me. I always wear padded bras that add 2 cup sizes. When I go to the beach I dread going with my friends because they will notice the HUGE (or the small) difference. I feel embarrassed that I look like I'm 12. I can't wear shirts without the stupid padded bras and that is extremely aggravating.
- My husband is extremely loving of me and my natural breasts. When I am with him, I am comfortable and never embarrassed of my breasts (other than when taking off my clothes and having him see that ginormous bra ugh) but I would like to have a little something extra there. I believe I would feel sexier, more confident.
- I would like to feel more womanly. I feel feminine but sometimes not 'womanly' enough. I want to look at myself in that way. I guess I want my self-image to improve for MYself. Not for my husband or others. I'm sure he'd love the improvement, but it's mostly for me.
I feel confident in moving forward with a breast augmentation but there are a few things that I am still considering and researching:
• Replacement of implants in a few years:
How often will I need to do this? Can implants be forever?
• Implant condition after having children / breastfeeing:
I plan on breastfeeding my children someday *Regardless of implants*. Will that 'ruin' the look of the breasts as some people say? Will I need to have them replaced?
• Many people have the implants removed altogether.
Do people get tired of having the implants?
My ultimate goal with having this procedure done would be to have larger, bra-filling breasts which I believe would help with my confidence and self-image.
I have researched doctors in my area and even asked friends who have had this procedure done before. There is a doctor who seems to be great: Dr. Wigoda (Fort Lauderdale, FL). He has a 'Painless Breast Implants' (http://painlessbreastimplants.com/implants/) . I like the fact that his website is full of information and so many reviews. There is also another doctor, Dr. Alexander (http://www.floridacenter.com/cosmetic-surgeon/alexander.cfm)
The only things that scare me a bit are the risks after the surgery: muscle contrapture, infections, and that the results may not be what I'm imagining.
I've been so obsessed with this for so many years and I hope to be able to do it in the near future. I hope that when time comes I can do it over the winter so that my breasts have time to settle for bikini season and so that the healing isn't as uncomfortable because of the Florida heat. My husband and I are now waiting on the sale of a vehicle to see if maybe we may be able to have this done. Hopefully this is it!!! :D
I am so excited that I get to share my story with strangers who may be able to help and have gone / are going through the same thing. Thankfully, this is not a NEEDED operation, and I am truly blessed to be healthy, but this would be a great gift to me.