No Side Effects? NOT TRUE! - Florida

I had it done on Feb 3, 2011 on my lower abs where...

I had it done on Feb 3, 2011 on my lower abs where I have the post-baby pooch. I was told about and read all about the "no down time" and "no side effects" prior to having this done. Not true!!

I had excrutiating pain starting the third day after the procedure, it felt like thousands of needles prickling my stomache from the inside, sharp stabbing pain. This lasted until day 7 or 8 and now I'm still suffering from what the nurse called allodynia. She said there was a disruption of nerve endings (neuropathy) and what I'm experiencing is comperable to shingles! I was given litaderm patches that give minimal relief. She said this should gradually feel better after a few days, but could last a couple of weeks. Any slight touch to my skin, including a breeze, hurts. My shirt rubs against me constantly and I wake up every couple of hours from discomfort. It feels like sandpaper rubbing against a nasty sunburn.

This has been a complete disruption to my life. I can't find anything online that relates this to coolsculpting, but the nurse seemed familiar with what was going on and said it she read about it through clinical studies. She also said it was not common. It would have been nice if this was mentioned somewhere prior to my agreeing to do this, so I could have been at least somewhat prepared for what might happen. Right now, I am 100% regretting this procedure.

The doctor who did my initial consultation, but not the actual procedure, has a good reputation and was great. The nurse and staff who did the procedure were great too, but I just wish someone had at least given me a heads up about the "uncommon" side effects.

I had the procedure done in my upper arms and inner thighs about 10 weeks ago. Yes, there was pain for about 2 weeks and numbness for about 5 weeks afterwards. But now the sensation is nosl again and the fat is gone. So I got great results and though there was discomfort (achey, pins and needles etc), it was much easier than recovering from surgery and no risk of infection. I'm considering having my stomach and outer thighs done now.
I am 15 days post tummy procedure - still stomach very distended, sore to the touch and still very numb. Plus I have significant pain, It is now 4 am and I can not sleep. This was a bad choice on my part and I should have read this thread first. Has anyone had permanent problems like these or is there still a chance that this will all resolve?
I did a four hour treatment on Friday, Day 2, Saturday, seemed like the pain was going away but on Sunday Day 3 I could barely sleep lots of tension in my belly, area, from soreness to itchyness, sharp pains, tenderness, my stomach never tightens up but it feels like I'm having contractions sometimes. The nurse did say I would be very sore around my belly button and she wasn't lying. I get very little sleep. I had 2 spots done on my back, i get random discomfort there but nothing like the discomfort in my belly.
Today is my 7th day after having the belly & flanks done. Swelling went down after about 4 days. Past few days I'm having the burning sensation in my belly area. It goes away once I go to bed. Didn't realize it takes 2-3 months before results are seen...hoping it works!
I had the procedure done 2 days ago, bruising noted. Very sore to the touch, feels like a did a bunch of sit ups (muscle soreness). Today my abdomin is an achy hurting. Motrin helps with pain.. Also the clinic gave me Neurotin for nerve pain. I am also swollen.. Can't wait to see the results!
I had the procedure 4 days ago and I know it is early, but I am very swollen and I ache. Please tell me it gets better? I bought a 4 treatment package and am not even sure if I want to get the other two. I was told at the clinic I'd want at least two on my tummy. My next appt was set a month after first treatment. How will I know if it is even working by then?
It's been 9 months and my lower belly, that has been a problem area, is flat. That hasn't been true for years. The pain of the procedure sucked, but it did work.
Sorry. It's been 6 months.
how did you fell days after procedure?
my sister is having this procedure done this week in fla...i'm so trying too talk her out of it after reading all THESE REVIEWS...it's not worth it..fat is fat..it always comes BACK..if not on the proper diet.for your body type..a 21 day protocol of HcG followed by the diet..will rid the body of stored fat..AND IT TOTALLY WORKS..i'm living proof..i've done it and for alot less money $100.00..i can bounce quarters off my stomach and im 60 yrs old..and i don't excerise like crazy...
Day 9 and still cramping, needles and topical numbness.
It's been 6 1/2 weeks now. Cramping and needles over. Still some numbness though. Seeing some but minimal results.
I expect professionals to be more honest with procedures and the possible side effects.I would expect a follow up call following this procedure.My disappointed lies with false expecation.I was told that there was no down time after the coolsculpturing,"others have ran marathons".I really thought something was wrong when I experienced such pain since the post procedure massage-a level 8! I finally called the office after 1 wk of nerve pain-6.I need to see the MD for a script of neurotin or lido patch.I think a MD needs to be monitoring these procedures and patients pain.I think the office should make follow up calls,after all we paid them big bucks.At this time I am not a happy camper,just hope &pray for a good long term result.
My procedure was 3 weeks ago today. I too was swollen and area where I had the procedure was rock hard until a few days ago. Now it is extremely soft and skin looks loose. Biggest problem I face right now is the itching. Driving me crazy! Nothing seems to help it.
Meh you jinxed me somehow. One day shy of a week since I had it not only am I in exteme pain the itching started today and I am ready to jump out of my skin. Had I know all this I would have never done it this way. Would have spent a few extra $$ for instant sculpting.
I never had extreme pain - first week was very touchy though. Even my clothes rubbing against my stomach was very uncomfortable. Hang in there! I do believe it is now getting better except for the itching. I go back to the doctor at 8 weeks and they assured me by that time my body would have absorbed about half of the fat cells and I would be very happy. Hope so. Good luck to you Gracie_Days!
I'm still wondering if any of you have had a noticable reduction in size from your treatments...I am hoping for a reduction of 1" around the hip area that is a result of the lower belly pouch sagging - Yuck! My waist and hips are not proportionally right with each other, if I buy pants that fit over my hips right then I have a gap on the waist band. No ammount of exercise seems to balance me out!
No. I am so upset. My stomach is swollen so large from the procedure that I cant button my pants that fit well prior to the procedure. I am thinking of going to small claims court to get my money back.
I am also experienceing the same problems, the area is so sensitive, I was told to keep my exercise routine for better results, but it is not without discomfort.

I am 53. Had the procedure on Wednesday and looked 7 months pregnant for two days and now I am in severe pain. Tingling pricking in my stomach. Doc should have sent rx for topical analgesic and pain m rx when I left the office. Will call doc in the am. Any suggestions for the pain tonite?

Now that it's been longer do you see much of a difference? I have been watching this for a couple months and am interested in Zeltiq - I have an appointment for a consultation in a week but I am really hoping I can loose at least an inch off my belly bulge and I don't want to waste the money if no one is getting that kind of result...Thank You!
I had this procedure 8 weeks ago. My bowel is located largly in my abdomen and makes me at age 56 look 8 months pregnant. I had no side effects nor improvement.
I had the procedure done last Aug and lost about 50% of my belly fat (Dr. Promised 25%). It was painful for several weeks but WORTH IT! My Dr. placed an applicators in 3 separate positions on my tummy and it took an hour for each one. I look better than I have in years! I'm 5'7 and 150 lbs and carry most of my fat on my upper body.
I had the procedure a week ago and have the same problem. Very painful! Everything on the Dr.'s website and Zeltig site say "painless". So untrue!!! When I called the Dr. they said they had only 3 cases where this happened, but they should warn you of this possibility ahead of time! My nerves are on end dealing with this pricking pain in the treated areas.
UGH! Sorry Shelby. The triamcinolone cream helped me. Keep us posted on how you are doing.