No Side Effects? NOT TRUE! - Florida

I had it done on Feb 3, 2011 on my lower abs where...

I had it done on Feb 3, 2011 on my lower abs where I have the post-baby pooch. I was told about and read all about the "no down time" and "no side effects" prior to having this done. Not true!!

I had excrutiating pain starting the third day after the procedure, it felt like thousands of needles prickling my stomache from the inside, sharp stabbing pain. This lasted until day 7 or 8 and now I'm still suffering from what the nurse called allodynia. She said there was a disruption of nerve endings (neuropathy) and what I'm experiencing is comperable to shingles! I was given litaderm patches that give minimal relief. She said this should gradually feel better after a few days, but could last a couple of weeks. Any slight touch to my skin, including a breeze, hurts. My shirt rubs against me constantly and I wake up every couple of hours from discomfort. It feels like sandpaper rubbing against a nasty sunburn.

This has been a complete disruption to my life. I can't find anything online that relates this to coolsculpting, but the nurse seemed familiar with what was going on and said it she read about it through clinical studies. She also said it was not common. It would have been nice if this was mentioned somewhere prior to my agreeing to do this, so I could have been at least somewhat prepared for what might happen. Right now, I am 100% regretting this procedure.

The doctor who did my initial consultation, but not the actual procedure, has a good reputation and was great. The nurse and staff who did the procedure were great too, but I just wish someone had at least given me a heads up about the "uncommon" side effects.