No Side Effects? NOT TRUE! - Florida

I had it done on Feb 3, 2011 on my lower abs where...

I had it done on Feb 3, 2011 on my lower abs where I have the post-baby pooch. I was told about and read all about the "no down time" and "no side effects" prior to having this done. Not true!!

I had excrutiating pain starting the third day after the procedure, it felt like thousands of needles prickling my stomache from the inside, sharp stabbing pain. This lasted until day 7 or 8 and now I'm still suffering from what the nurse called allodynia. She said there was a disruption of nerve endings (neuropathy) and what I'm experiencing is comperable to shingles! I was given litaderm patches that give minimal relief. She said this should gradually feel better after a few days, but could last a couple of weeks. Any slight touch to my skin, including a breeze, hurts. My shirt rubs against me constantly and I wake up every couple of hours from discomfort. It feels like sandpaper rubbing against a nasty sunburn.

This has been a complete disruption to my life. I can't find anything online that relates this to coolsculpting, but the nurse seemed familiar with what was going on and said it she read about it through clinical studies. She also said it was not common. It would have been nice if this was mentioned somewhere prior to my agreeing to do this, so I could have been at least somewhat prepared for what might happen. Right now, I am 100% regretting this procedure.

The doctor who did my initial consultation, but not the actual procedure, has a good reputation and was great. The nurse and staff who did the procedure were great too, but I just wish someone had at least given me a heads up about the "uncommon" side effects.

I had the procedure done 2 days ago, bruising noted. Very sore to the touch, feels like a did a bunch of sit ups (muscle soreness). Today my abdomin is an achy hurting. Motrin helps with pain.. Also the clinic gave me Neurotin for nerve pain. I am also swollen.. Can't wait to see the results!
I had the procedure 4 days ago and I know it is early, but I am very swollen and I ache. Please tell me it gets better? I bought a 4 treatment package and am not even sure if I want to get the other two. I was told at the clinic I'd want at least two on my tummy. My next appt was set a month after first treatment. How will I know if it is even working by then?
It's been 9 months and my lower belly, that has been a problem area, is flat. That hasn't been true for years. The pain of the procedure sucked, but it did work.
Sorry. It's been 6 months.
how did you fell days after procedure?
my sister is having this procedure done this week in fla...i'm so trying too talk her out of it after reading all THESE REVIEWS...it's not worth it..fat is fat..it always comes BACK..if not on the proper diet.for your body type..a 21 day protocol of HcG followed by the diet..will rid the body of stored fat..AND IT TOTALLY WORKS..i'm living proof..i've done it and for alot less money $100.00..i can bounce quarters off my stomach and im 60 yrs old..and i don't excerise like crazy...
Day 9 and still cramping, needles and topical numbness.
It's been 6 1/2 weeks now. Cramping and needles over. Still some numbness though. Seeing some but minimal results.
I expect professionals to be more honest with procedures and the possible side effects.I would expect a follow up call following this procedure.My disappointed lies with false expecation.I was told that there was no down time after the coolsculpturing,"others have ran marathons".I really thought something was wrong when I experienced such pain since the post procedure massage-a level 8! I finally called the office after 1 wk of nerve pain-6.I need to see the MD for a script of neurotin or lido patch.I think a MD needs to be monitoring these procedures and patients pain.I think the office should make follow up calls,after all we paid them big bucks.At this time I am not a happy camper,just hope &pray for a good long term result.
My procedure was 3 weeks ago today. I too was swollen and area where I had the procedure was rock hard until a few days ago. Now it is extremely soft and skin looks loose. Biggest problem I face right now is the itching. Driving me crazy! Nothing seems to help it.
Meh you jinxed me somehow. One day shy of a week since I had it not only am I in exteme pain the itching started today and I am ready to jump out of my skin. Had I know all this I would have never done it this way. Would have spent a few extra $$ for instant sculpting.
I never had extreme pain - first week was very touchy though. Even my clothes rubbing against my stomach was very uncomfortable. Hang in there! I do believe it is now getting better except for the itching. I go back to the doctor at 8 weeks and they assured me by that time my body would have absorbed about half of the fat cells and I would be very happy. Hope so. Good luck to you Gracie_Days!
I'm still wondering if any of you have had a noticable reduction in size from your treatments...I am hoping for a reduction of 1" around the hip area that is a result of the lower belly pouch sagging - Yuck! My waist and hips are not proportionally right with each other, if I buy pants that fit over my hips right then I have a gap on the waist band. No ammount of exercise seems to balance me out!
No. I am so upset. My stomach is swollen so large from the procedure that I cant button my pants that fit well prior to the procedure. I am thinking of going to small claims court to get my money back.
I am also experienceing the same problems, the area is so sensitive, I was told to keep my exercise routine for better results, but it is not without discomfort.

I am 53. Had the procedure on Wednesday and looked 7 months pregnant for two days and now I am in severe pain. Tingling pricking in my stomach. Doc should have sent rx for topical analgesic and pain m rx when I left the office. Will call doc in the am. Any suggestions for the pain tonite?

Now that it's been longer do you see much of a difference? I have been watching this for a couple months and am interested in Zeltiq - I have an appointment for a consultation in a week but I am really hoping I can loose at least an inch off my belly bulge and I don't want to waste the money if no one is getting that kind of result...Thank You!
I had this procedure 8 weeks ago. My bowel is located largly in my abdomen and makes me at age 56 look 8 months pregnant. I had no side effects nor improvement.
I had the procedure a week ago and have the same problem. Very painful! Everything on the Dr.'s website and Zeltig site say "painless". So untrue!!! When I called the Dr. they said they had only 3 cases where this happened, but they should warn you of this possibility ahead of time! My nerves are on end dealing with this pricking pain in the treated areas.
UGH! Sorry Shelby. The triamcinolone cream helped me. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
I had the procedure on Monday. The needle-like pain started on Friday. Today, Sunday, my doctor called in a prescription for topical cream to help the pain. It's reduced the level of pain so I hope to sleep tonight. So to answer your question 3 days of pain and counting.
I am happy to say that today, Feb 21, I am pain free!! It's like someone just pushed a button and I woke up comfortable. Occasionally, there is a quick stab, and there is still sensitivity but I can handle that. It's pure heaven as far as the past two weeks are concerned! So, the pain lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. Apparently, I have sensitive skin and the lidoderm patches made it worse with the burning and added sensitivity. I think the worst is over, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there and let me know how it's going for you. Praying for good results!
Great to know you are pain free. 2 1/2 weeks UGH! My doc prescribed triamcinolone cream. This is my second day applying it twice per day and the pain is nearly gone. I got a few hours of sleep last night.

I hope you reap great benefits from the procedure. Keep me posted.
Today is my 7th day and I still in a terrible pain. Cramps, burning sensation, like needle pain, like you I have thousands of needles prickling my stomach from the inside and sharp stabbing pain. I can't sleep at night. I wonder is the pain will go away. My stomach is swollen. Nobody told me about this side effects, they said mild discomfort will last few hours. Not true.....
Thanks for posting your experience. I've been online for over an hour to see if my side effects were normal. You were the only one who communicated exactly what I'm experiencing. I have tremendous needle pains and pain medication doesn't help.
I spoke with my doctors office yesterday and they said my pain is normal and to take pain meds. Like you I wish I would have known this is a side effect. It started 3 days after the procedure and I haven't been able to sleep at night. Very painful.
Thanks for sharing.