eCO2 Laser Resurfacing Tightened my Eye Area - Florida

Had an eCO2 laser resurfacing 12 weeks ago on...

Had an eCO2 laser resurfacing 12 weeks ago on entire face.

pros- face feels tighter especially around the upper and lower eye area. Small amount of tightness in lower cheek area (not as much as I wanted).

cons- took at least 2 months to recover, though was told only one weeks time to recover. Redness persists, at 3 months still pink in areas. Complexion does not seem as good as prior to procedure (redness, some small white spots, a few small brown spots-these spots can be covered with makeup), once all redness goes away the complexion may be better.

Would like to have photofacials to even out the complexion. Is it too soon? Can I use a whitening gel with 2% hydroquinone to help even skin tone and not worry about irreversible black spots. My skin type is light American Irish.

I think the tightness I felt around my eyes was...

I think the tightness I felt around my eyes was due to my malar bags being damaged and swollen. When I asked the surgeon who performed this procedure about hallowness around my eyes (due to the elevation of my cheek area) he stated the eCO2 could not hallow out the under eye area. I disagree with him and now I seem to have constant problems with swelling under the left eye which I never had prior to the procedure. I really upset about this and would tell anyone considering the eCO2 to not have it done.

Dr. Thomas Tzikas

The procedure was oversold by the doctor. Be careful of any doctor offering the eCO2

Hi me too,

Are they going to do anything about your eyes? It sounds painful, I'm sorry you are going through that.

-Britt

The doctor acted like nothing was wrong. He was afraid too admit anything was wrong. I am no longer his patient. I will recommend to anyone who is considering having the eCO2 with any one in the Delray/ Boca area of Florida not to have it.

Oh my, I'm so sorry. Are you going to see someone else?

-Britt

I currently am seeing other doctors. That how I found out about the malar bag. My prior doctor was either not up front about the risks associated with the eCO2 laser or was ill informed about the procedure.

Wow, that's crazy what you have had to go through,

Please keep the community updated to how you are doing. Thanks so much.