Finally Had Restylane After 3 Yrs of Getting my Nerve Up to Do This - Florida

I was SCARED TO DEATH. I researched my cosmetic...

I was SCARED TO DEATH. I researched my cosmetic surgeon for 3 yrs prior to getting this procedure done.

I did NOT do the dental block. I had the nurse apply the topical numbing cream which did an excellent job.

I am VERY HAPPY with the outcome and I can see I will be hooked on this. As evidence of my results, I know my surgeon is very experienced with the proper injection techniques, as everything came out just the way I wanted it to. There was no pain. Just discomfort, but bearable. I am VERY HAPPY.

Not sure how well Restylane works. In one year,...

Not sure how well Restylane works. In one year, (from 12-2009 to 12-2010, I've spent $3200 for Restylane injections in small areas on my lips. Restylane looks great when I've just had the injections, but they only last less than 3 months.

visible lumps and bumps

I'm still having restylane, but cannot understand why I have lumps and bumps from the shots. You see people on TV that have these shots and no signs of lumps and bumps. Very disheartening
Lakeland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately, face lift only lasted 2 yrs. Everything has dropped :(

hi , im 29 years old , and i want to make restylane injection under my eyes become of the dark circles .. is there any side effect for that on my age ??? plz hel me im very scary
Still getting the Restylane every three months, and still experiencing the lumps and bumps. I am thinking of trying another Dr because not sure if the lumps and bumps are a result of improper injection technique.
So why did you rate it as "Not Worth it" then? that's the problem with these ratings. So much garbage.
I still don't think Restylane is worth it. I've been spending thousands for 2 years now, and have problems with lumps and bumps around the lips. Everyone has different outcomes so each person will rate differently.
Everyone has difference experiences, so I find it HELPFUL to read each persons opinion, then I base MY opinion on my personal results. Just because each person has a different opinion, does not mean the opinion is garbage. Each person's opinion is based on their individual experiences. This is how we learn.
What area(s) did you have done?
I had around the mouth and lips done.
WOW, you had your lips done without a dental block? That must've hurt. I'm glad you had a positive experience. I went to a board certified plastic surgeon, and still had a bad experience. When you say you researched and did your homework, can you be more specific? I want to follow in your footsteps and learn so that it doesn't happen to me again!
I have had around the lips done, to lighten the effects of lines around the lips
It didn't hurt that bad. I had a triple action topical anesthetic cream applied plus the Restylane has lidocaine in it so it wasn't that bad. Uncomfortable but bearable.
I am 67. Will it work for deep folds (laugh lines) around mouth? Surgery is not an option for me.
Yes, it will work for deep folds and lines. There are also other treatments like Sculpta which I am told work great for the deeper lines. GOOD LUCK.
It works for many people but each person has different results.
Restylane is used on the lower part of the face. Botox is used for the eyes and above.
i am anxious to find out if restylane is helpful in eliminating crows feet and if it is worth the cost ? also how long does it last ?
I never heard of using restylane for crows feet. You get Botox for that.
I had Restylane for around the mouth, lip area, and it worked great.
It is supposed to last up to a year. Yes, I thought the cost was worth it. I've heard that when you first start to do Restylane, or any other filler, that touch ups are required more frequently at first, until the process works inself in to the areas that you are having treated. Today will be two weeks, and I go back for touch ups. I am still very happy with the results. I will try to post pictures of before and after.
Yes, I am VERY HAPPY with the results, and I believe it was well worth it. It is supposed to last up to a year, but I think when you first have it done, you need to have touch ups anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Once you've done it a few times, I've been told it lasts up to a year. I have friends that have used Restylane and love it.
You are happy because you did your homework! Good for you :)