First Day, No Real Pain Just Slightly Annoying

After months of waiting and having to make my...

After months of waiting and having to make my impressions three times, I got my trays today. I was afraid that I would need to pull some teeth in order for the treatment to work, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have four "buttons" on my lower teeth that make the lower tray very difficult to remove. I haven't really experienced what I would call pain, just pressure. The biggest annoyance is getting used to speaking with a lisp although I have noticed that this dissipates quickly. Also my mouth is either watering more than usual or alternately too dry. Taking them in and out to eat and drink can be a pain. Also, when I take out the trays, the little buttons attached to my teeth cause my interior cheeks to get pinched a lot while I eat. OUCH. All things I am willing to put up with as opposed to metal braces or veneers.

Hi, can you send me a PM with the name and contact info of your Dr.? Thx :)
Will you advide what dentist/orthodontist you went to? I am in the burbank area and am looking to find a dentist with good prices and good reviews. please message me with the name thank you.
Had anyone got a response on the doctor's info? $4,000 seems to be a very good deal! Please share the info if you've got it! Thanks, Mike
Hi, I just read a post by Cmecla in Pasadena, CA regarding the Invisalign treatment. I live in the Los Angeles area and need some recommendations on Invisaign doctors. Could you please forward me your doctor's contact info? Thanks! V
ohh :/ this is bad news for me then.. I guess my tray is not an exact fit to my teeth.. it creates a space between my upper and lower teeth.. this is why I cant speak properly and lisp alot.. I hate it! If this is not a normal thing then I should go to my ortho and object about it.
For Asmahan, It would be nice to hear from others on your question. I've never heard of issues with not being able to close your mouth. I've had mine now for 6 weeks, and not experienced that with any of the trays I've had. That doesn't sound right to me.
I started with my first invisalign tray about a week ago, it was slightly painful the first 2 days only, but the pain was gone after the third day,, and I continued having a lisp which is embarressing for me, what REALLY annoys me about them though is that I cant fully close my mouth/jaw when I wear them,, Am i the only one who is experiencing this? or I just had a real bad job done with my impressions? Its really not practical at all for me to wear them with a slightly open mouth
Can anyone tell me how long it took after you had your impressions taken for the aligners to arrive? I had my impressions taken February 12th, and I'm dying to get started. The customer service woman at my orthodontist's office told me three months, but the technician who took my impressions told me the beginning of April, which would be less than two months. (I'm 40 years old, had braces as a teenager but my teeth have shifted a lot over the years - they never told us in the 1980's that retainers are forever!) Thanks & good luck.
It only a few weeks for my trays to come in after the molds were made. yours should definitely be made by now.
I had my molds made on May 2 and they said they would be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. Unless you are having alot of molds made, it should not take two months to receive them since they ship all the molds to you.
What dentist did you go to? I am in the glendale care and am looking to find a dentist with good prices and good reviews. please message me with the name thank you.