Side Laze by Cynosure Acne Scar Treatment- Fenton, MI

I have been looking at myself in the mirror with...

I have been looking at myself in the mirror with such severe acne scarring for the past ten plus years and am tired about being depressed over my face. I have been searching for the right corrective procedure and could never find the answer. After countless dermabrasion sessions and laser procedures I was still very unhappy with the results. I was introduced to Dr. Eric Seiger at Skin and Vein Center of Fenton and he told me of a new procedure that I would be one of the first patientsto have done but he felt positive I would be happy with the outcome. Its called Side Laze by Cynosure. It didn't hurt much...the worst part was the shots of the lidocaine. The laser is inserted into the skin and it emits a side ways laser that seperates and breaks up the scar fibers holding the scar down from the surface of the skin to the muscle. It also firms up the skin to tighten it all up nicely. Now I am the type of person that has to research everything...so I was extremely hesitant since I could not find any information online about the procedure since it was so new. I saw a few more cosmetic surgeons after my initial appointment with Dr. Seiger and my confidence in him grew. Unfortunately there is nothing out there that will give the many of us suffering with acne scars the results we hope for. I was hoping for silicone injections but it was told to me that the scar in its current state would come out looking like a donut when injected (filler would just go around the scar) unless the tissue fibers get separated first. So I decided to take the chance on this. I have my before photos posted here and will post more photos tomorrow after the bandages come off and some more as the healing continues. I was told that I will see the best results in the next six months. I have a appointment in two weeks for some dermal filler injections (Boltera) after my swelling goes down. I think I am going to be very pleased! I hope this helps others.

Thanks for sharing your story on RealSelf.  I'm really looking forward to hearing your updates and seeing after pictures, please be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

After the bandages came off

Still a bit swollen and numb but was told I'd be a little numb for the next month. Drastic improvement so far! Can't wait for the Boltera injections in two weeks.... will post more pics then!

Five Days Post-Op

Five days post-op...swelling has started to go down. Still numb. Major difference. I go in 9 days for Boltera injections. Will post pics after.

18 days post op...after a few boltera injections

Will be getting more boltera injections in a few weeks...will post more pics then.
is there a website for this laser?
Impossible to know how well the laser worked, because you got filler so soon afterward...
Hei girlie, congratulation. You look AMAZING. Your eyes in the "after" pic are talking. They say how happy you are. Well worth it this procedures for you. Keep being beautiful :-] Thanks for the review.
Fenton Dermatologist

Dr. Seiger makes you feel very comfortable and has a nice bedside manner. He answered any questions I had. He is the only doctor that has this machine in the Michigan market.