Banded in 2006 Haven't Regretted It Yet! - Federal Way, WA

My highest weight was 265 (I'm 5'5) and I was only...

My highest weight was 265 (I'm 5'5) and I was only 25. I was so unhappy and so so unhealthy and dieting just wasn't getting me there. I chose to have a lap-band placed 11/2006 and it was the best decision I ever made. I was out of the hospital within hours and back to work the next week. I lost the first 60 or so pounds within the first year and slowed down after that. I had three fills altogether and haven't needed an adjustment since 2008. That's when I realized I could finally start moving again. I started running and hiking and the weight kept coming off but slower. I am now 115 pounds down and within 5-10 pounds from my goal weight, about to undergo surgery to have my excess skin taken off my tummy and a breast lift/augmentation. I don't know if I'll always have the lap-band, but I'm so glad to have it had it for these first several years, it's changed my life.

Congratulations!!! You are awesomely amazing! Great job & much healthier you! You have definitely encouraged me even more! Your soooooo gorgeous! I am 7 weeks post op, feeling great, can't wait to get there! I had a great experience & was also back to work in week. I have lost 30 pounds & go for adjustm
2nd adjustment tomorrow. Very excited for this journey! Hope your feeling better from your last surgery! Please stay in touch & keep us posted! Great job! Happy for you!
Did your insurance pay for the lap band and tummy tuck? You look great!
Dr. Oh

He was a skilled surgeon but spent very little time with me. His assistant surgeon was Dr. Srikanth and he was awesome and I highly recommend him through the St Francis Center for weight loss. Dr. Oh has since retired. Ps I tried to give him a lower rating but couldn't adjust the stars on my iPad!