I Look 15 Years Younger! - Fayetteville, NC

My life had been on a downward spiral for 5 years....

My life had been on a downward spiral for 5 years. I have been mentally recovering, healing from 'within', whatever one calls it, and baby step by baby step I have become stronger than ever before. Lastly, I wanted to feel better on the outside too. I wanted to 'go out' and find new friends and maybe even find a boyfriend :). My inward makeover was looking better than ever. However, during the past 5 years I had stopped caring about anything. Including my looks. I did not care about sun damage, my teeth, did not eat right or take my vitamins and of course the horrendous stress showed up everywhere with the worst being having had a stroke at the age of 43.

My skin took a huge toll: frown lines, acne scarring, crows feet, the ugly 11's etc...the nickname for myself was 'Spot'. Things DID get better and I made an appt. with Dr. D for botox. Once I looked in the snow white mirror I asked what more could be done about this and that, etc...on that same day not only did I get botox to the angry 11's and the eyes on up, but I had juvederm injected into my lips, radiesse to my marionette lines (the nose to mouth 'frown' lines) and my favorite, a fraxal laser peel. The pain during the procedures was minimal and after a few "bad doctor" words Dr. D is notorius for, it was done. The laser peel hurt the worst. I found the best relief for this was the a/c in my car and a fan while in bed. The pain only lasted about 24 hours. It has been 10 days post-procedures now and for the first time in years I look in the mirror and cannot believe how smooth and clear my skin looks! The lines, wrinkles and splotchy, red, scarred, freckled skin is approx. 85% gone.

I have a F/U soon and may need to have a 'spot' here and there re-zapped, and I have a slight '1' (instead of an '11') left between my eyebrows. If I had to delete any of the procedures it probally would have been the lip plumper, but I kind of had full lips anyways and am not a smoker. All in all my skin is literally baby smooth and flawless. I used to hold my head slightly down when I walked but now I look straight ahead and find that my confidence level has sky rocketed. The most expensive procedure but my favorite was the fraxel (sp?) laser. I really like the fact that this is permanent and will only need to be touched up years from now when the wrinkles (yes! the procedure treats fine lines too!) start coming back and the sun spits it's ugly rays on me. Time to go find a boyfriend now!

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Friends spoke of Dr.D to me about 10 years ago.

Hi Tamara68, Thanks for sharing. You are funny with your boyfriend comments - good for you for taking back control of your body. I was just going to mention, now that you have invested in your skin with such great results, use sunscreen. I have always been religious about sunscreen use (put my SPF 30 moisturizer in the morning right before I brush my teeth) but now that I have had the profractional treatment, I am even more zealous about protecting my skin. Technology can put us on a good path, the maintenance part is up to us. Cheers.

Wow you have been through a lot in recent years!   I am happy that you have taken yourself and your life back.  Keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

I am glad to hear you are happy again and loving your new look:)