Upper/Lower Abdomenal Laser Lipo - Chevy Chase, MD

I am a 53 yo with 2 teenagers. I always had an...

I am a 53 yo with 2 teenagers. I always had an average to slim body; even after having my kids I went right down to my normal weight. Then menopause started in my mid 40's and I gained 40 pounds. I've gotten 15 pounds off, but cannot get anymore. In the past year, my stomach has gotten bigger, my stomach muscles are still there, but a load of fat is covering them! I want to get my abdomen, hips, thighs-interior, exterior, and flanks done.

Going in tomorrow!!

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I see sooo many happy people and also people who have gained wright right after in odd places. I'm having my upper/ lower abdomen done tomorrow; then back in two weeks for outer thighs and flanks. I did take before pictures that I will post when I do my update after the procedure.

Upper and Lower abdomens are done!!!

Upon arriving at the Doctors office, I was told to take a pain pill as well as a Valium. I was escorted back to the room and given the operation "garments"!! Once in them the "before" pictures were taken. Dr. Khalifeh came in and went over the procedure again and then marked me up. I was numbed up, which was uncomfortable but not bad - felt weird. Once numbed up, the laser lipo began. Again, this was a little uncomfortable, but very manageable. Then came the lipo suctioning and again, not too bad. There were times I just wanted to crawl out of my skin, like right under my breasts and on the sides, but really not a bad procedure.

Now for the post op -- I had zero drainage, which made me happy, but ... OMG, It has been 6 days and I am STILL in pain -- sometimes shooting pain. I tried to go without any pain killers today, but around 3:00 I caved in. The pain is mostly on my sides and below my belly button. If I'm sitting, it's ok, but when I stand up, I have to stay hunched over and straighten up slowly. Sleeping at night is not too bad, other than when I want to turn to the other side, or get out of bed. Oh, and don't get me started on the damn garment you have to wear 24/7 for 2 weeks!!! Going to the bathroom takes forever to get all put back together.

Someone please tell me when this pain will go away, and if I look any different in the photos???

Going in July 9th for Hips/Thighs and Flanks

I'm nervous about going in for this one because my abdomen is still bumpy from my procedure a month ago. I know, I know, it can take up to 6 months but it is still nerve wracking!!
Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD

When I had my consult with Dr. Khalifeh, I felt comfortable. Another doctor wanted to do everything at the same time and under general anesthesia; that would mean a limit of 5000cc allowed to be removed as well as the risk of being put under. I wanted to make sure I could get as much fat out that I possibly could! Dr. Khalifeh suggested 2 appointments under local. He also made some suggestions that I wouldn't have thought of, let alone known about.

I would love to hear how you are doing now. How are your results?
Very sorry to hear you are still in pain. I wonder why? You do look fabulous! Quite a difference, especially noticeable from the side view. My guess is that you will look even better, once all swelling has subsided! Thank you for sharing.
Please keep us posted. I also live in Ch Ch, 52, two teenagers, and have somehow developed sponges on my thighs and abdomen. Would love to know what you think of your doctor?
I'll let you know in a couple days!! Going in tomorrow!!