Nose Job - Fairfax, VA

I had a deviated septum and a bump on the bridge...

I had a deviated septum and a bump on the bridge of my nose and the tip was a little too large and out of proportion with the rest of my face. Dr. Bitar has done a beautiful job of repairing the broken septum, straightening and reducing the size of my nose. It has been a month since the surgery and my nose is still a bit swollen, but there is no pain or bruising and it looks pretty good. When the splint came off, I was thrilled to see my new straight and smaller nose! I am extremely pleased with the results so far. I will post photos once the swelling subsides completely.

Dr. Bitar is a skilled surgeon with a keen eye for proportion and aesthetic. In addition to the septoplasty/rhinoplasty, I also had a face/neck lift and lower eyelid surgery. His practice is close to where I live and he performs all his surgeries at INOVA Fairfax Hospital which is one of the best and most reputable hospitals in this area. He and his staff are friendly and extremely accommodating, which I value tremendously. In addition to his impressive portfolio of surgeries, Dr. Bitar has a wonderful bedside manner and I feel at ease with him. He has taken excellent care of me after surgery and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a trustworthy and reasonably priced plastic surgeon.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bitar was featured in American Way as the best plastic surgeon in the Washington DC,-Northern Virginia-Maryland area. I had been considering cosmetic surgery for a while but could not decide where to go. After seeing the magazine article I scheduled a consultation (free of charge) with Dr. Bitar, and I was instantly impressed with his personality, knowledge and body of work. He listened carefully to how I felt and what I wanted out of plastic surgery. He was honest with me and addressed all of my concerns, which helped me manage expectations. I had the opportunity to see lots of before/after photos on his website prior to my visit and additional ones at his office. He inspired confidence with his knowledge and enthusiasm about plastic surgery with his friendly personality. Because I opted to have three procedures done at the same time, Dr, Bitar gave me a very nice discount.

Thanks for sharing your experience so far! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

What was your first day after surgery like? Were you able to eat or drink much?

I felt tired and sleepy the day after surgery. I was thirsty and drank plenty of water that day. My nose did not hurt at all. I was able to eat very small bites of soft foods. I had orange juice, tea and a small serving of scrambled eggs and hash browns for breakfast. I snacked on high protein shakes as recommended by the doctor. After my post-op appointment, I slept for most of the day. My nose is looking better every day, but some days there is more swelling than others. It will be a few months before it is fully healed. I will update the photos over the next few months.