Fantastic Physician - Fairfax, VA

I was diagnosed with LCIS (lobular carcinoma in...

I was diagnosed with LCIS (lobular carcinoma in situ) and discovered I had a personal lifetime breast cancer risk of 40 percent. I opted to have prophylactic mastectomies with tissue expander-to-implant reconstruction, and was treated by a breast surgeon and plastic surgeon. My personal lifetime breast cancer risk is now three percent.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Professional, warm, caring, brilliant. During each phase of my treatment, Dr. Rad answered my questions in detail, whether I asked in person or via email. In the office, I was never rushed, and I liked he personally administered treatments, rather than ceding that responsibility to a physician's assistant (PA) or nurse. At the hospital, it was clear that the staff liked him personally, and respected him professionally. Dr. Rad was always realistic and accurate in his estimations of my progress. Mastectomies and reconstruction can be emotionally and physically draining, but Dr. Rad's manner and confidence made everything easier.

Wow, congratulations on reducing your risk of cancer. Those are some very amazing numbers! Glad you had a PS your really liked during this difficult time. How long did the entire process take? Would you say the tissue expanders were the most difficult and painful part? Or perhaps the fills or recoveries? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf.

I am really happy that things went so well for you. I also had a great experience with Dr Rad. Be well.