Facelift in Bangkok

I had a full facelift in Bangkok, Thailand two...

I had a full facelift in Bangkok, Thailand two years ago and would recommend it to anyone. I looked into so-called “medical tourism” because of the costs of having surgery here in the States, particularly if you live in a big city.

The hospital specializes in medical tourism and having foreigners in for treatment so I was treated fantastically. The accommodations were lovely and my whole family (they were on vacation, I was there for surgery) was treated great. There were many Americans there too and I don’t blame them given the cost of health care in this country!

Age had really started to show on my face and I wanted a dramatic change. I’m not happy with the idea (or the costs) of those injectables that last for a few months, cost a few hundred, and then you have to go back for more.

My doctor was extremely conscientious and thoughtful. He was also enthusiastic, which I liked. I wasn’t just another patient to him (at least I didn’t feel that way). Also, I went into it expecting the worst and preparing to back out but the facilities were actually cleaner than any American hospital I’ve been to!

I am most definitely pleased with the treatment there. I was given three weeks to recuperate fully on-site with the doctors only a phone call away if I had so much as a question. The pain management was great too and I expected a lot worse than I actually felt. Coming out of it and flying home as the new me, I felt revitalized. The whole trip - my stay, the pre and post-op, and the surgery itself - only cost me $3,500. I would never have paid that here in the US.

To those who are worried about going overseas: Consider it. You can minimize your risk if you do your research and check all of their credentials. It certainly deserves to be an option.

There is a high-profile lawsuit pending against the hospital I went to so I am hesitant to recommend it by name right now (I was there two years ago and circumstances can change anywhere). I don’t want to contribute to anyone’s suffering, but I do know that their standard of care and their methods worked for me.

You need to contact trina eliassen at www.*******.com to get booked directly with him
Thai Surgery in Australia handle the bookings
Dr. Theerapong with Thai Surgery out of Piyavate
Can anyone tell me the name of a Dr in Bangkok. I'm thinking of having a face and neck lift. So many to choose from. Babs
I agree with you 100% as they are so professional in their industry. From the U.S. as well as Australia, I too went over there to have work done and researched several hospitals as well as doctors to ensure the best as I wanted to represent them to others in Australia. There will be problems in any country no matter how good they are. It depends on health, post recovery etc, not just the hospital and doctor. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again and will one day. I now represent my doctor with cosmetic surgery holidays along with insurance and financing. Do tell us about your hospital one day, as we must keep on top of things. For more forums and information, we are at thaisurgery.com.au. By the way....you look great!!!!!!! Below, I have had clients who went to Costa Rica and the reviews were not good. I lived there for several months and found their hospitals no where as professional as Thailand.
Hi, do you mind sending me the name of the hospital. I will be going there end of August. Thank you and well done!
I also had some plastic surgery in Thailand. Endoscopic brow lift and breast reduction. The pros: 1) Cost 2) Inpatient stay - not sent home the same day 3) hospitals clean and professional, nurse good. 4) Doctors expertise 5) If a "redo" or "correction" is needed, usually there are no doctor fees. And they are more willing to admit a correction if it is needed and do it much sooner. Top hospitals in Bangkok: Bumrumgrad Bangkok Nursing Home Piyavate St. Carlos You can see the plastic surgery department listings of doctors.
Would you recommend your doctor(s)? I'm thinking about facelift and reduction at Bumrumgrad. Did you do both at the same time? Hilary
I'm going in the end June and back to Hong Kong two weeks later. Ask me again then... I'll be able to give you the full scoop.
How did it all go in Bangkok? I am thinking of a facelift in the Bumrumgrad too.
yes I would also like any information on your surgery, I know the piece 60 Minutes done a few years ago got my attention on Thailand, I'm also considering Costa Rica but am leaning towards Bankok. Thanks. TJ
im going bangkok march would like to know witch hospital and dr name please and how long would i have to stay befor flying home to england.
I know the hospital you went to. It begins with a 'B'. I would appreciate the doctor's name as I live in Asia and am thinking of a face lift but would prefer a doctor who is recommended.
Hi, Would you mind giving the name of your Dr? I am going to bangkog in may to visit a girlfriend and an thinking about getting a facelift done. Are you real pleased with the results?
Hi Canyongirl, I'm planning 3 weeks travel to Bangkok next month for blephs, neck and SMAS facelift. Did you travel with a companion? Would you disclose your surgeon’s name? I also plan to get fat injections and Profractional resurfacing.
Hello Canyon Girl,

How did all your procedures work out? Funny, I want to get the same exact things done to my face and neck. If you did get surgery, would you recommend it? And, could you disclose your doctor's name?

I'd like filler for my hollow cheeks but I must say that I'm scared about fat injections. How did yours turn out? I wish Restalyne lasted longer... Anyway I'd love to hear from you. Cheers.
OOPS! I meant to contact Regina!
how did you decide which facility in T'land to go to? there are so many...
i heard costa rica is the place to go abroad for plastic surgery to get best doctors and best prices. good place to recover too i bet.