Tummy Tuck and Thigh Lift - WORTH It!! - Everett, WA

The cost was initially shocking, but it was well...

The cost was initially shocking, but it was well worth it! I have lost over 80 pounds over a period of 3 years and had a lot of excess skin over my abdomen and inner thighs. I was pleased with my weight loss but felt uncomfortable and sometimes even ashamed of the way my body looked nude. I knew I would not be able to fit into a smaller size without having the excess skin removed so I began to investigate my options and potential surgeons. I had a little difficulty with the recovery due to a complication unrelated to the surgery itself.

The tummy tuck portion itself was not bad at all. I had more pain with the thigh lift due to the incisions being in my inner thighs and just below my buttocks so sitting and walking was uncomfortable for about a month. Even so, I am extremely happy I had the procedure done and I am now planning on surgery for my upper body to include brachioplasty and a breast lift. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has put in the hard work it takes to lose a lot of weight. I feel like a new person and have gone from a size 10/12 to a size 6. I feel like I am well on my way to "getting my body back"! I can't wait to finish the journey!

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. You've done so well to have lost so much weight. Congratulations on your surgery. I bet your body is finally starting to feel right for you now.

Please keep us updated with your future surgery and let us know how you're doing.

Kirsty

UPDATE: Since having my surgery I have lost...

UPDATE: Since having my surgery I have lost another 20 pounds, making my total weight loss 100 pounds. I'm not sure why, but it seems like my metabolism kicked up a notch or two after the procedure! I am now a size 4 and feel more comfortable than ever!

wow look at all the things you have done just for u. How did you lose your weight and keep it off? How did all the surgeries go? You are a very beautiful lady and you need to be very proud of yourself, I know your family is happy. Keep us posted. God Bless Evie
The scars never fully go away. There is frequently uneveness along the entire length of the scar. On the plus side, the sagging skin is improved, but as you age, it will sag again. Weigh your options carefully because scars are permanent and heal differently for everyone. People are always optimistic their outcome will be a total and complete solution for what bothers them -- but many more times, you just have a different set of issues brought on. Make sure you are going with a doctor who has credentials, university education, and hospital training SPECIFICALLY on the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Too many times, doctors taking on the title of PS or CS took supplemental medical courses in PS/CS and were originally dentists, optomotrists, podiatrists or any number of other unrelated medical specialties that DO NOT produce the same quality of surgeon/physician that a PS/CS-degreed physician has. The results are in line with their education and medical focus. Research if they have lost their license in any state and simply relocated to another state. FL is one of the worst (most liberal) in allowing doctors who practice any form of medicine perform PS/CS. Keep in mine state laws vary, and so do the licensing requirements in each state.
for the first few weeks, you'll need to take your time with stairs, but I managed with 3 flights. The scars are actually disappearing and my doctor said they are likely to continue diminishing with time. I was very vigilent about applying creams / lotions though.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Partingon and his team are outstanding! They helped me through the process from beginning to end.