Yag Laser Scarred My Arms and Legs - Evansville, IN

My plastic surgeon recommended a Dermatologist...

My plastic surgeon recommended a Dermatologist because he no longer had access to a Yag Laser. I had a consult to discuss brown spots on my body and made my appointment.

The Dermatologist went from head to toe with the Yag Laser. Leaving the office, my body was on fire, but calmed down less than 30 min. It has now been 6 mths and the scarring is much WORSE than the brown spots ever were. The Dr. told me legs take much longer to heal but these are scars, there is no more healing.

I went back expressing my unhappy results and he said "Let's wait a couple more months and see what it looks like then". No Way am I going back - I don't trust him to make it right. I am 58 and had great smooth looking skin minus a few dark spots now I won't wear shorts in public. Nothing I ever read prepared me for the possibility of looking worse than when I started.

Hudson

Referred by surgeon.

Yes they are on my arms, feet, back of hands. Since I grew up in FL I blamed prolonged sun exposure. I have never heard of DSP, except as a sleep disorder.

Did your doctor diagnose your spots? Are they on your arms too? Check out condition called DSP. My mother was recently diagnosed with it. Laser will not help it. It gets worse when you are exposed to sunlight.

What does DSP stand for, Southernlady52?

It's DSAP and stands for disseminated superficial actinic porokeratoses. It's a rare skin disorder that is hereditary and brought about by the sun! The more you are in the sun, the more spots you get. Mostly on your arms and legs and very rarely your face.

I am sorry that you had this outcome with the procedure.  Thank you for sharing your honest review with RealSelf.