Bad Upper Body Lift by Dr. Alina Sholar -Evansville, IN

I had an upper body lift with Dr. Sholar in...

I had an upper body lift with Dr. Sholar in Evansville Indiana. This included a breast lift, brachioplasty (arm lift), and bra line back lift. Not one of my procedures turned out well. My breasts were droopy and my nipples pointed down. My arms became infected and I was left with awful scars. My bra line back lift had necrosis and left a large crater in my back. She never scheduled a follow up appointment after having laser treatments that were supposed to help the scaring, but made the scars even wider.

My recovery was awful. I was almost 8 months out before all my incisions were closed. When I called to let them know I was unhappy, she would not see me or return my calls, and she was not willing to give me any of my money back. After I threatened to hire an attorney, Dr. Sholar had an office worker call and offer to redo the surgery. I had no faith in her ability to do any better than the first go around so I did not even consider that as an option. I had revisions done by another surgeon and my experience was totally different.

Recovery was a breeze and I had no issues with healing or scarring. I am not the only one who has had issues with Dr. Sholar and I would suggest visiting the Indiana Department of Insurance website to check for malpractice claims before seeing Dr. Sholar. It was an awful experience and I am still physically and emotionally hurt by her actions.

During my revision surgery with another doctor he was able to give me a beautiful breast lift and repair my back scar, but he was not able to remove all of the scarring on my arms and I will live with them forever. I have not proceeded with a lawsuit at this time, but because I was not able to recoup any of my fee from her and I am still dealing with physical and emotional issues that I cannot afford to continue to manage, I am looking at moving forward with some sort of legal action.

We all make mistakes and I understand that Dr. Sholar is human. In my opinion, the right thing to do would be to admit the mistake and do what you can to make it right with the patient. She had the opportunity to make this right with me by refunding a small portion of what I paid her and she was unwilling to do so. I ended up paying another $10,000, out of my pocket, to have all the surgeries over again with a competent doctor.

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

I had a horrible experience and my results were awful. I have been physically and emotionally damaged by my surgeries with Dr. Sholar. I was left deformed with awful scaring. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. Photos can be viewed from my profile in my review.

I just saw this review, and let me say how sorry I am that you had to endure all of this. I am so glad you were able to find a surgeon who was able to correct most of it. As far as lawsuits I understand the trouble that would be, but at least file a complaint with the board, in order to protect others that come after you...I would love to see a new review with your new surgeon so we could see the new you!!!
Thank you! Yes, I need to post a review and before and after pics. I'll try to do that soon. I have to dig out the before pics and I can't remember if I took afters. I've gained 15lbs so I don't want that to reflect badly on him if I post current after pics. As far as the lawsuits go, she has 9 others, and my 2 years to file are up. I'm focused on moving forward now and putting that sadness and hurt behind me. I hope that this and other reviews help someone else.
You remind me of myself...no one notices the 10 extra pounds but I do....I'm sure you look great...
That must have been devastating for you. Unfortunate it is not the first time this has happened. I am glad you shared this with us in hopes you can save someone else from this torture. I had heard she was leaving town but cannot get a license in another state because of her pending lawsuits. I would sue so more people will know about it and protect them from the damage. Good luck to you!
I am so sorry...hang in there!!!
I am so sorry you had such a disappointing experience with your first surgeon. You go into surgery with the expectation of having a wonderful improvement, it must be heartbreaking to have a poor result. I am thrilled to hear you were able to have successful revision surgery...Wishing you all the best on your journey!
Are you going to post new pictures. Did u review anothet
You want pictures of the revision? I have not reviewed the doctor who did the revisions yet. I will as soon as I get a chance to.
Yes. Somehow my comment was cut off. Laser should make it better! I'm glad your better now. Maybe she was embarrassed
The laser made it worse. It helped with the pain in the scars because it helped them to lay flatter but made them much wider. It helped with the redness, but not long term. The revision on my arms helped to move the scars in toward my sides more because they were down the back of my arms. It helped with the with of the scars in most areas, but I didn't have enough skin to remove all of the scars. Some spots where the scaring was the worst the scars are still ticker/wider. My new breasts look awesome and my lower body lift results are great too! I used Dr.Huneke in Nashville for my revision and lower body lift. He was wonderful!

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but hopefully the revision surgery has given you some peace of mind.

Im so sorry to here that and wish u al the best. Thank u for sharing your story with us.