Mini Tuck Scheduled for March 3rd--SCARED!! - Eugene, OR

My lower tummy and belly button have stretch marks...

My lower tummy and belly button have stretch marks but more importantly is stretch out beyond what excersise and diet can correct. I am 32 years old with 3 children, 14, 11, and 6. I have wanted a TT for years and I feel so ashamed of my stomach I rarely show it to anyone. I am only 115lbs so it's just the tummy that's my issue. I have several concerns: my Dr. said I need a mini...which I agree, I am just concerned if it will give me the tummy I want. Also, he said I will be back to work (desk job) within a week....I took 11 days off total. since I am not telling my employer what I will be doing on my vacation time, I am hoping he is correct and all goes well. There are several women on here with surgeries scheduled in March--let's keep each other posted and support each other during recovery! good luck!!

I am 32 years old, have 3 children and ever since...

I am 32 years old, have 3 children and ever since my first child 14 years ago I have hidden my saggy stomach. I have waited a long time to do this for myself but after reading a lot of reviews on the mini I worry about the outcome. There seem to be a lot more women on here unhappy with a mini than the full. From looking at my photos do you think my Dr. made the right choice?

I am scheduled for March 3rd (just two weeks away). we discussed both the full and mini but he recommended I go with the mini, small amount of lipo and he will suture the lower muscles.

I just added my post op pictures at 6 days......

I just added my post op pictures at 6 days....there are still sharpie markings on my stomach as I can't take a shower until tomorrow. I had the drain tube removed today and I have to wait 24 hours for the wound to heal before I can shower. I think he did a great job!

Photo Update

Photo Update

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Meldrum was very sweet, and seemed to genuinely care about my concerns and was sensitive to how frightened I was. he had a wonderful bedside manner!

You look amazing!
I was wondering how your tummy looks now, I just had one done 3 weeks ago and i worry that when the swelling goes down I will have saggy skin. Right now, I am still swollen down there , but can see alittle bit of saggy skin. Had a mini tummy tuck and lipo. Still trying to get over the lipo. Still sore in areas.
Hey Happy Mommy! Haven't seen you on here in a while, so I thought I would see how you're doing. Have you been more happy with your results as you have had more time to heal?
Speakimg of Mederma...... I purchased some but how many days after surgery did u begin applying?
The part of me that appeared most pouchy was the area next to and beneath belly button. She worked hard to cut the fat from that spot to achieve a smooth appearance. Kept pulling skin down then lifting back up to tweak. That does look flat. However, the lower ab is swollen so the jury is still out. How many days until your swelling subsided, just enough to tell? Im taking arnica to help w swelling.
I wasn't given anything to reduce swelling at all and around the 2 week mark I started noticing a lot of swelling going down. it has fluctuated some and that could depend on how active i am that day. I consistently wear my binder though, only taking it off for showers or to reapply Maderma to the incision (3 times a day). my incision is looking GREAT by the way. Its very thin and flat, not much redness either. and my belly is seeming smoother....I am at 3 weeks post op as of yesterday and am now coming to grips with my results. I know that I will not see a final result for up to 6 months so I decided just to let it go at this point. As soon as I am able, I am going to work those stomach muscles as hard and often as I can to see if that helps improve the loosness I feel. we'll see what happens.
I can't wait to see your results.
I'll try posting pics tomorrow. I'm still really swollen though.
SOUNDS GOOD....I UNDERSTAND THE SWOLLEN PART, STILL AM TOO! :)
How many days post op? Has you energy level returned? Im 10 days post op. Wish I could ff the tape to begin working out and not feeling like an old granny in need of an afternoon siesta.
I have a question....During your procedure, were you slightly elevated? My chair was similar to a dental chair. I remember seeing the mini performed on Youtube where patient appeared to be flat. I felt the incline seemed to make a lot of sense. What was your experience?
When I got into the room I laid in a flat table....I don't think it inclined. Not sure. How did your results turn out so far?
Hi happymommyofthree. How is everything going? Are you feeling a little better about the mini. Does it seem that the skin is retracting a little yet. I'm still very swollen but comfortable. I;ll post pics soon.
Hello. My name is Leslie. I am 46 years old and have two teenage boys. My one son just turned 16 and my other is soon to be 19. I am 5'7 and weigh somewhere around 123 lbs. I have just started thinking about a tummy tuck but to be honest have ALMOST :)talked myself out of it after doing some reading. Is there anybody out their who is really happy with their results that can also breath? lol
Are you thinking about a mini or a full TT? There are LOTS of ladies on here that are happy wih their results! Check out the thread conversation on the tummy tuck section under March Tummy Tuckers Unite. The before after pics are amazing!
Thank you for your reply. I am really new at this and to be quite honest, before I got on this site, I didn't even realize there was more than one type of tummy tuck to choose from. From what I've read, I think I can go with the mini tummy tuck. There is a doctor here in town that I have heard really good things about and I am thinking about calling him for a consultation. I will definitely look at the section on the website that you recommended also. How are you doing with yours?
I don't have much pain at all really and I am just almost 3 weeks. I am still wearing my compression garment to prevent fluid build up and I still have a bit of swelling. The dr said that 90 percent of he swelling will be gone within 6 weeks and he over 10% will fluctuate for up to 6 months as I increase exercise. He incision is low and healing nicely as well. My only complaint is where my stretchmarks are on the lower abdomen there is loose skin.
I am still very early in my recovery though so I am just waiting it out to see how the skin retracts.
If you have any concern about stretch marks on lower abdomen I would seriously consider a full TT where your skin would be pulled tight and you would get optimal results. Good luck to you wih your decision!
Hi Leslie! I am 50 years old and had my TT 6 weeks ago. It is about a 6- 8 week recovery which can be a little annoying, but it isn't very painful after the first week and the results are amazing. I chickened out the first time I set my up 2 years ago and always regretted it. My advise is to do research and find a plastic surgeon you feel confident with. Oh, and make sure you get a full TT. Good luck.
Thank you for the info. I will probably only have a couple of weeks off from work. From your experience, do you think that will be long enough?
Thank you! Great website. I really like how supportive everyone is with each other. Pretty impressive. I think I'll go for a consultation and see where that leads. Can you please remind me? Did you have a full TT or a mini?
Hey, I had a full, which according to my PS is the only way to go. He seems to think there is a much higher satisfaction with TT's with a full than a mini. It's a little longer for the recovery, but if you're going to go through with something like this, you might as well go 100%. As far as work...I don't work, but at 2 weeks it was hard to sit in one place for long or sit up real straight, and you are quite tired. A lot of ladies go back at 2 weeks, but say they are uncomfortable. I would ltry to get at least 2 1/2 if possible. I am pretty much back to normal except for some swelling at 6 weeks, and I would say 4 weeks was a big turning point in the healing process. Best of luck to you....just don't settle for less than the best for a little quicker recovery time and a tad but shorter scar.
Sorry Lesleanne...I just noticed that question wasn't for me. Oh well, I answered it anyway.
No apologies necessary. I appreciate your response. I am thrilled to receive any information you would like to share with me. Thank you very much!
Thank you. I am going to set up a consultation next week. I will let you know what I find out. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this website works so my apologies to anyone I haven't responded to.
I'll wait to post. I look about 4 months pregnant right now. real swollen.
I understand....we all do at that stage....it will go by fast